The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Dynasty League

Rate this topic

Jiggs I see you lurking. You are up and then finally I get to make my pick, although now that Abdullah and Beckham are gone today I don't know what to do.

Yeah I'll pick in a bit. This is my last pick and there are way too many options lol

Both Pick #1 and #6 of the 3rd round are available if anyone has a rookie they're really wanting.

Looking to improve at the TE position, and the RB position.

Willing to package either of those picks with Eddie Royal, Stepfan Taylor, Chris Johnson, or Malcolm Floyd if it brings back a legitimate TE or RB.

Edited by NucksPatsFan

CONTRACT RULES:

I just wanted to put this here and it can be up for discussion on whether or not we want to use this

-We are each give 28 years(or a number that we can agree on) of contract that we have to divvy up between all of our players

-Contract years will be anywhere from 1-4 years, they just have to equal 28

-Rookies automatically start at 5 years. Unless you dress them then you have to assign them a contract at the end of the season. Again has to equal 28

-If a players contract has 1 year left you can choose to Franchise Tag that player and keep them for longer. You can only Tag one player per team

- If a player gets traded the team he has been traded to can extend his contract

- once a players contract expires he goes back in the free agent pool

Reason why I think contracts could be good is it can increase trading and it is common in the dynasty football world.

Let me know your thoughts on this topic.

Edited by gmen81

CONTRACT RULES:

I just wanted to put this here and it can be up for discussion on whether or not we want to use this

-We are each give 28 years(or a number that we can agree on) of contract that we have to divvy up between all of our players

-Contract years will be anywhere from 1-4 years, they just have to equal 28

-Rookies automatically start at 5 years. Unless you dress them then you have to assign them a contract at the end of the season. Again has to equal 28

-If a players contract has 1 year left you can choose to Franchise Tag that player and keep them for longer. You can only Tag one player per team

- If a player gets traded the team he has been traded to can extend his contract

- once a players contract expires he goes back in the free agent pool

Reason why I think contracts could be good is it can increase trading and it is common in the dynasty football world.

Let me know your thoughts on this topic.

Is there any alternatives to this? Maybe a salary cap? Because I feel like since this is a public forum dynasty league, a lot of people will just think of "win now" and keep giving their best point earners big contracts, whereas with a salary cap it'd be hard to keep for example Andrew Luck forever because his salary would increase every year since he's most likely to improve every year.

Is there any alternatives to this? Maybe a salary cap? Because I feel like since this is a public forum dynasty league, a lot of people will just think of "win now" and keep giving their best point earners big contracts, whereas with a salary cap it'd be hard to keep for example Andrew Luck forever because his salary would increase every year since he's most likely to improve every year.

Ya there are plenty of different ways to go. I wanted to keep it as simple as possible though. I'm good either way if we don't do this. I wanted it to increase trades, but it seems as though that won't be a problem.

Also you are up now.

Edited by gmen81

I'm going to wait a little to make my pick, to give others a chance to see that the 1st pick of this round is available to acquire if anyone is interested.

It is 12 hour clock correct?

It is 12 hour clock correct?

No time limit right now. Figured I didn't need to as we are getting through this fairly quickly. Just don't abuse the no time limit and take days to make your pick. I'm thinking NPF will either make his pick tonight if he doesn't trade it.

Already drafted a Titan, may as well draft another.. Maybe I'll package them up to GMen for some goodies ;)

David Cobb

Pretty happy with my draft:

Amari Cooper

DBG

David Cobb

BLIND BIDDING AUCTION RULES:

-Each person start out with $100(NPF $150)

-10 players will be nominated to be bid on a week- 5 one day and 5 the other day

-Bids will be processed Sunday's and Thursday's

-Player nominations have to be in by Tuesday for Thursday's bids and by Friday for Sunday's bids

-Each GM will get a chance to nominate a player to be bid on

-You can bid as little as $1 on a player or you can bid $97. That will leave you with $3 to bid on remaining 3 spots

-If you don't want to bid on a player just put $0 beside their names

-You can win 4 players in one bidding week if you outbid everyone else

-Nobody will know what anyone has bid

-You don't lose any money if you lose the bid

-Any money you don't spend you get to keep half of that plus $100

-During season minimum bids will be $5

-The lovely debluvscanucks will be the auctioneer, so after nominate the players we send are bids into her. that way I don't see what others are bidding.

-During the season the bidding will be done on the ESPN Site

-We keep bidding until everyone has 4 players

-After that you can decide if you want to drop 0-5 players and we do more bidding until rosters are filled.