The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mike Babcock

This isn't anything like David Clarkson IMO. The Leafs making Babcock as Head Coach adds legitimacy to their rebuild since the belief is that Babcock is one of the best at getting the best and developing young prospect as what he did in Detroit. Plus getting allows future Free Agents and possible quality players with NTC to be traded to give Toronto a consideration.

Not sure I understand the comment about Mikey developing the young talent. Detroit was notorious for leaving young players in the AHL way longer than everyone else.

If anyone deserves the credit for developing those players it should be the coaching staff in Grand Rapids.

Babcock only had to coach and develop younger players during that stretch when the Wings were hard hit by injuries.

Money and some control of the roster. Should be fun when he realizes he has 4 or 5 train wreck players and can't move their terrible contracts. He was spoiled in Detroit with classy vets.

Kessel and Phaneuf are going to make for awesome television this year. The only better hire for entertainment would have been torts.

So Buffalo has somehow ended up worse then when the season ended. So much for "tank for McDavid."

How do you figure? It was "tank for McEichel". Mission accomplished. The Sabres get Eichel.

Murray's the only one who cried about McDavid. He has a weird man-boy crush on him.

I've said all along that I'm not sure that Babcock would be the right coach for the team's youngsters. Other NHL fans have said the same.

Now Bylsma is being rumoured. I'm not sure about him either.

Buffalo

Pluses - further down the rebuild, got some key young players, added Evander Kane.

Negatives - the city, not an original six, won't add to legacy even if he builds a contender/Cup winner.

Toronto

Pluses - Better city to live, possibility of legacy and being immortalized.

Negatives - ground zero of rebuild, will take a lot longer, crazy media.

If $$ were relatively equal between the two ... why wouldn't you choose Toronto? No brainer. I think Mrs. Babcock prefers Toronto over Buffalo, given the 2.

Buffalo

Pluses - further down the rebuild, got some key young players, added Evander Kane.

Negatives - the city, not an original six, won't add to legacy even if he builds a contender/Cup winner.

Neither is Vancouver and I wouldn't care as long Canucks win a cup.

If that's USD and not Canadian money, he just struck it rich. Good on him. I'm guessing that there's a few Leafs veterans that are crying right about now. Babcock is not known for putting up with any B.S.

that'd be 7m usd if it was cdn... i think either way he's pretty rich

Never underestimate the power of a rabid fanbase. :lol:

Watch the Leaves' fans call for his and Shanny's heads after one season, and then after Shanny gets fired, Babcock and Kessel get traded to the Flames for three first rounders. : :D

It would definitely be funny.

that'd be 7m usd if it was cdn... i think either way he's pretty rich

Richer than I'll ever be. Not that he was exactly in dire straits before the new contract, I'm happy for him and his family. Even if they're foolish with some of it, money will never be an issue during their lifetimes.

Warhippy beat ya to that one. I +1'd you anyways. The Leafs are my 2nd least favourite team in the league.

Warhippy beat ya to that one. I +1'd you anyways. The Leafs are my 2nd least favourite team in the league.

Missed that one, probably because I usually don't read his posts, he tends to be a bit too hostile for my liking.

Archived