The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Tomas Plekanec Being Traded In Blockbuster

No clue how legit or credible this is.

http://www.hockeyfeed.com/rumor-major-trade-under-way-in-montreal/

Yesterday we reported a rumor that had Montreal forward Tomas Plekanec getting shipped out of town in a trade that was already in place. Today the same website that reported the trade danslescoulisses.com(DLC) has released more details on what they believe will be a blockbuster trade for Montreal.

According to DLC the trade will be announced in the coming days, and they described the deal as one very similar to the Jarslav Halak trade from several years ago.

Perhaps the biggest piece of news however is DLCs report that the Montreal Canadiens have included their first overall pick in this years draft as part of the Plekanecs deal and only one large return is expected in exchange.

We will keep our ear to the ground and follow up if any more details on this rumored trade are made public.

Yeah, I don't trust the source. If it was reliable someone from the mainstream media would have picked it up.

Trades can happen before the playoffs are over, but it's rarely anything but minor deals since they'd be limiting their options otherwise. Maybe they're talking to a team and setting up the dominoes to fall later, but I doubt it.

Habs desperately need size at center so could it be SJ. Marleau or Thornton.

It won't be Thornton and marleau has slowed down a lot and will likely never be the player he was. So I'd doubt it would be him either. I could not see Edmonton Parting with Eberle for Plekanecs and a 1st.

I could honestly see him going to LA. Now that Stoll is pretty much done in the NHL they need to replace him and Plekanecs is the perfect replacement for Stoll. Plus LA probably wants a first round pick seeing how they traded away theirs this year so yea I am putting my money on LA acquiring him.

I could honestly see him going to LA. Now that Stoll is pretty much done in the NHL they need to replace him and Plekanecs is the perfect replacement for Stoll. Plus LA probably wants a first round pick seeing how they traded away theirs this year so yea I am putting my money on LA acquiring him.

Williams could walk as well

LA Put there Managment in a tough position this year cutting it so close

Could have received quite a few pics plus trading away there first for a bottom 6 defenseman was prob the worst deadline acquisition

Archived