The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

19 Kids and Counting Pulled from TLC Because....Well...Yuck

Warhippy

American cable network TLC has pulled episodes of 19 Kids and Counting from its schedule, after allegations that cast member Josh Duggar molested five underage girls, including his sisters, when he was a teen.

Representatives for the network had originally refused to comment on the allegations against Duggar, who is the eldest son on the show which follows the daily dramas of a large and devout Christian family.

josh-duggar-resignation.jpg

American reality star Josh Duggar is linked to molestation allegations involving some of his sisters. (Danny Johnston/Associated Press)

By Friday, the network went public with its decision to remove the popular reality TV series from its lineup.

"We are deeply saddened and troubled by this heartbreaking situation," the network said in a statement published in the New York Times, "and our thoughts and prayers are with the family and victims at this difficult time."

TLC faced an intense backlash from viewers who were angry that the network had gone ahead with a 19 Kids and Counting marathon on Thursday despite the claims.

The alleged offences, revealed in a Springdale, Ark., police report published by celebrity gossip publication InTouch, date back to 2002, when Duggar was 14.

Duggar's parents filed the report, but police didn't lay charges.

Duggar, now a married, 27-year-old father of three, issued an apology on the Duggar family's official Facebook page.

"Twelve years ago, as a young teenager I acted inexcusably for which I am extremely sorry and deeply regret," reads the message. "I confessed this to my parents who took several steps to help me address the situation. We spoke with the authorities where I confessed my wrongdoing and my parents arranged for me and those affected by my actions to receive counselling."

'Teenage mistakes'

​Duggar's wife, Anna, says she knew about her husband's "past teenage mistakes" before they were married, but that she believed he had changed after he "humbled himself before God and those whom he had offended."

duggar-family.jpg

Josh Duggar and wife, Anna, seen here in 2010, have three children and one on the way. Anna Duggar says she knew about her husband's 'past teenage mistakes.' (Jessa Duggar/TLC/Associated Press)

Duggar also announced he was resigning his position as a lobbyist with the Family Research Council (FRC), an organization dedicated to preserving family values in America.

Tony Perkins, president of the Washington-based Christian lobbying group, said in a statement Thursday that Duggar resigned because of information becoming public that he believed would "make it difficult for him to be effective." As executive director of FRC Action, he served as a public face of the organization.

Honey Boo Boo's mom mad

alana-honey-boo-boo-thompson-and-june-sh

Child pageant regular and reality show star Alana (Honey Boo Boo) Thompson speaks during a 2012 interview as her mother, June Shannon, looks on. (John Bazemore/Associated Press)

TLC's pulling of the long-running 19 Kids and Counting, which launched on the network in 2008, comes months after it was forced to cancel another of its signature shows.

Last October, the network abruptly cancelled Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, a colourful series about a child beauty pageant contestant amid reports her mother, June Shannon, was dating a man who was convicted of child molestation.

Shannon was so angry at TLC's delay in cancelling 19 Kids and Counting she told celebrity gossip website TMZ on Friday that she was getting ready to sue for what she considers unfair and inconsistent treatment.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/tlc-pulls-19-kids-and-counting-amid-josh-duggar-molestation-claims-1.3083340#vf-2727600001616

====================================================================

Seriously...They spoke with their pastor and the local sheriff and god has forgiven him? He molested his siblings and their friends for over 5 years.

THIS is what got that POS pulled from TV? An inexcusable MISTAKE!

Amazingly, reports have surfaced now that the daughters in question are NOT being allowed to tell their side of the story or have interviews.

This is so beyond disgusting...as a parent and a human being I am furious just reading this. How the F*** are you ok with this? This was a crime! Against your own children WTF!

American TV sucks. This would never happen in Japan.

In fact, we should watch more Japanese TV.

Balloon biting

sjNxuoK.gif

Eating noodles in washing machine show.

O2INIqC.gif

Competitive don't know what's going on in this show... show

4WV1EaM.gif

Marshmallow eating show.

cmKqFob.gif

TLDR?

Favorite son molested his sisters and some of their friends over 5 years. God and their pastor forgave him. Mom and dad refuse to allow the affected daughters to speak to reporters or TV media. His wife says it's ok and they're expecting their 4th child.

In my opinion only...

The very fact this cretin is NOT rotting in jail needs to be addressed either with back alley justice or a simple bullet.

TLDR?

Favorite son molested his sisters and some of their friends over 5 years. God and their pastor forgave him. Mom and dad refuse to allow the affected daughters to speak to reporters or TV media. His wife says it's ok and they're expecting their 4th child.

In my opinion only...

The very fact this cretin is NOT rotting in jail needs to be addressed either with back alley justice or a simple bullet.

'Murica.

TLDR?

In my opinion only...

Well, when one of your kids is named Jim Bob, you're bound to have incest. That's just a fact.

TLDR?

In my opinion only...

Mike Huckabee disagrees. (The man who was running to become president in 2008)

Huckabee said that "good people make mistakes and do regrettable and even disgusting things," and accused those who revealed the allegations of "insensitive bloodthirst," and said Josh Duggar had redeemed himself in living a "responsible and circumspect life as an adult."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/22/politics/josh-duggar-molestation-2016-conservatives/

TLDR?

In my opinion only...

as a teenager? Not that I am condoning, but it sure sounds like he made the proper moves to amend the situation he caused. In a probability he was molested himself. You act like he's a grown adult out there molesting kids.........you don't feel like that's a situation that needs a little compassion and understanding?

as a teenager? Not that I am condoning, but it sure sounds like he made the proper moves to amend the situation he caused. In a probability he was molested himself. You act like he's a grown adult out there molesting kids.........you don't feel like that's a situation that needs a little compassion and understanding?

at age 19 which is when the ladt "alleged" incident happened he is an adult.

And it might be my belief but that is not something you can atone for.

I wonder where the compassion and understanding are for the girls affected both in and by all reports outside of that family.

Duggar, now a married, 27-year-old father of three, issued an apology on the Duggar family's official Facebook page.

"Twelve years ago, as a young teenager I acted inexcusably for which I am extremely sorry and deeply regret," reads the message. "I confessed this to my parents who took several steps to help me address the situation. We spoke with the authorities where I confessed my wrongdoing and my parents arranged for me and those affected by my actions to receive counselling."

Without condoning or condemning, I understand.

at age 19 which is when the ladt "alleged" incident happened he is an adult.

And it might be my belief but that is not something you can atone for.

I wonder where the compassion and understanding are for the girls affected both in and by all reports outside of that family.

Where does it say 19?

Article mentions it occurred when he was 14

American TV sucks. This would never happen in Japan.

In fact, we should watch more Japanese TV.

Balloon biting

sjNxuoK.gif

Eating noodles in washing machine show.

O2INIqC.gif

Competitive don't know what's going on in this show... show

4WV1EaM.gif

Marshmallow eating show.

cmKqFob.gif

Now THAT'S entertainment!

TLC (used to ) stand for, The Learning Channel.

Recent programs include: Toddlers & Tiaras, Sarah Palin's Alaska, LA Ink, Extreme Couponing, 19 Kids and Counting, Kate Plus 8, Sister Wives, Long Island Medium, Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding, and My Husband's Not Gay.

They really need to rename TLC to "The Decline of the American Empire Channel".

TLC (used to ) stand for, The Learning Channel.

Recent programs include: Toddlers & Tiaras, Sarah Palin's Alaska, LA Ink, Extreme Couponing, 19 Kids and Counting, Kate Plus 8, Sister Wives, Long Island Medium, Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, My Big Fat American Gypsy Wedding, and My Husband's Not Gay.

They really need to rename TLC to "The Decline of the American Empire Channel".

Modern learning.

If it's what gets the ratings up, they'll put it on the air. TV is basically sellout central anyway.

Archived