The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

19 Kids and Counting Pulled from TLC Because....Well...Yuck

Warhippy

I think it is time to bring the entire media circus down. It starts with main stream media and entertainment. With the disgusting marketing tactics going on ever the last few years there is little wonder these borderline pedo's go full blown.

They are practically being groomed from a young age by the twisted ideals and values american advertisers are pushing on the public.

Just turn off your TV's America and go spend some quality time with your family and guide them into adulthood instead of letting disgusting wretched slobs on TV teach your children.

Western culture is going into the toilet faster than we can blink.

CDC post of the day IMO.

Well said.

Christian here. I disapprove 100%. This should definitely have been reported to the police, especially after seeing the continued behavior traits he showed (apparently). I don't doubt that he is remorseful about his actions now, but if this hadn't been covered up in the first place, none of this would be happening right now. Another side effect is the blemish that genuine Christians will likely face from the media for the actions of this family. It's a very troubling case all around, but now others can use this isolated incident to bash Christians mindlessly.

I think what this guy did was beyond sickening and there should be some type of repercussions for him. However, I dont usually like to play devils advocate, but he was just a young kid at the time being raised in a very bizarre situation. I've seen a few episodes of that show and the level to which these people are sexually repressed is very unhealthy in my opinion. I'm pretty sure they aren't even allowed to hug someone of the opposite sex until they're engaged to be married. And any time spent together in that situation is always supervised.

I'm just speculating, but it wouldn't surprise me if the parents of this guy drilled it into his mind at a very young age that he better not even think about anything "impure" and most definitely never "take care of his own business" lest he wished to be denied passage into heaven... I'm pretty sure that's how hardcore christians operate. For all of us males who were once teenagers, that type of repression would be like waiting for a powder keg to blow up.

I believe people can change and I sure hope that Dugger guy has, but I think at the very least he should be put through a battery of psychiatric exams.

This whole thing makes me wonder what other skeletons are in that family's closet? I bet there's at least a couple more.

One of the most disgusting things here is that the family kept it under wraps for an entire year. When they did choose to tell someone, they told church elders. When they decided to get some help, the chose a family friend who happened to be a state trooper (who is a pedophile).

Incredibly self-centered choices that show no respect or justice for the victims. Disgusting behaviour.

Of course God forgave him. You go to confession and admit your sins and boom, all is forgiven. Good times. Thats how it works right? Rape? murder? incest? torture? Yep, all taken care of in a couple minutes and your good with God. Nice and clean and ready to do it all over again until the next confession. Aint religion great?

I think it is time to bring the entire media circus down. It starts with main stream media and entertainment. With the disgusting marketing tactics going on ever the last few years there is little wonder these borderline pedo's go full blown.

They are practically being groomed from a young age by the twisted ideals and values american advertisers are pushing on the public.

Just turn off your TV's America and go spend some quality time with your family and guide them into adulthood instead of letting disgusting wretched slobs on TV teach your children.

Here. I think you need one of these:

soapbox.gif

I think what this guy did was beyond sickening and there should be some type of repercussions for him. However, I dont usually like to play devils advocate, but he was just a young kid at the time being raised in a very bizarre situation. I've seen a few episodes of that show and the level to which these people are sexually repressed is very unhealthy in my opinion. I'm pretty sure they aren't even allowed to hug someone of the opposite sex until they're engaged to be married. And any time spent together in that situation is always supervised.

I'm just speculating, but it wouldn't surprise me if the parents of this guy drilled it into his mind at a very young age that he better not even think about anything "impure" and most definitely never "take care of his own business" lest he wished to be denied passage into heaven... I'm pretty sure that's how hardcore christians operate. For all of us males who were once teenagers, that type of repression would be like waiting for a powder keg to blow up.

I believe people can change and I sure hope that Dugger guy has, but I think at the very least he should be put through a battery of psychiatric exams.

This whole thing makes me wonder what other skeletons are in that family's closet? I bet there's at least a couple more.

I agree. The "forbidden fruit" aspect would almost certainly come into play. From the excepts posted by Warhippy, that's exactly what it looks like to me.

The guy wasn't a pedophile. He was sexually repressed and acted in an improper, but understandable manner.

I'm not making any claims about this specific case, but I feel like an important piece of information is missing from the minds of posters:

The majority of adolescents involved in sexual offenses against children do not have sexual preferences for children (i.e., they are not 'pedophiles').

I think this goes to support Riviera's point. People are quick to throw the "pedo" label out there, but he was little more than a kid at the time himself.

I certainly don't condone his actions, nor those of the adults around him, but I think there may be some people overreacting.

soapbox.gif

I agree. The "forbidden fruit" aspect would almost certainly come into play. From the excepts posted by Warhippy, that's exactly what it looks like to me.

The guy wasn't a pedophile. He was sexually repressed and acted in an improper, but understandable manner.

I think this goes to support Riviera's point. People are quick to throw the "pedo" label out there, but he was little more than a kid at the time himself.

I certainly don't condone his actions, nor those of the adults around him, but I think there may be some people overreacting.

If I could upvote you, I would.

Quality post.

I agree 100%.

I barely watch tv outside of hockey.

Honestly I find TV boring and have since I entered adulthood. In fact between the ages of 22-33 I didn't own a TV. My I laws bought me one for my birthday as the Canucks were making their run that year vs Boston.

A stereo, instruments and fitness.

soapbox.gif

Priceless :D Me telling people to turn off TV's and engage with their families is standing on a soapbox WTF are you on ? Keep livin your back country ways and the rest of us will have our safe children.

Just amazing that people will defend a known sex offender. I would love to see your reaction if this guy lived in your neighborhood and had access to your children.

:picard:

I get that you think it's risky, but everyone has the risk that they might destroy someone's life. Should we put everyone in an insane asylum, or just wait for the first crime to occur?

This person and those around him knowingly have put others(CHILDREN) repeatedly at risk.

How may more times will this person get to put children or others for that matter at risk ? Guess it is up to the community right ?

No matter how many times you close your eyes and want to believe it is not happening Jazz, reality begs to differ.

This person and those around him knowingly have put others(CHILDREN) repeatedly at risk.

How may more times will this person get to put children or others for that matter at risk ? Guess it is up to the community right ?

No matter how many time you close your eyes and want to believe it is not happening. Reality begs to differ.

So are people not at risk until something happens then?

How many more times will people (who haven't committed incest/molestation) get to put children or others for that matter at risk?

So are people not at risk until something happens then?

How many more times will people (who haven't committed incest/molestation) get to put children or others for that matter at risk?

Others new and did nothing. How is this the same in your mind ? By your logic we are all ready to commit unspeakable acts upon innocent children.

What have your elders been teaching you ?

When you recognize danger you asses and deal with the situation before more serious and long lasting damage can be done. Turning the other cheek in situations specifically like this one only serves to perpetuate the risk and send s a message that it is OK.

I am blown away right now o.O

Others knew and did nothing. How is this the same in your mind ? By your logic we are all ready to commit unspeakable acts upon innocent children.

What have your elders been teaching you ?

When you recognize danger you asses and deal with the situation before more serious and long lasting damage can be done. Turning the other cheek in situations specifically like this one only serves to perpetuate the risk.

It's not, it's just that you're declaring them a risk without recognizing the potential risk in, well, everyone.

I'm not saying everyone's ready, hungering for it like a pack of rabid wolves. But everyone does have the potential to.

What have my elders been teaching me? Dunno, because I've really only been to church in the last couple months. But Matthew 18:15 says "If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over." This guy changed. He's not done anything in what? 12 years? I think all the danger's gone.

It's not, it's just that you're declaring them a risk without recognizing the potential risk in, well, everyone.

I'm not saying everyone's ready, hungering for it like a pack of rabid wolves. But everyone does have the potential to.

What have my elders been teaching me? Dunno, because I've really only been to church in the last couple months. But Matthew 18:15 says "If your brother or sister sins, go and point out their fault, just between the two of you. If they listen to you, you have won them over." This guy changed. He's not done anything in what? 12 years? I think all the danger's gone.

Sorry Jazz but you have to remember a large part of society does not buy into "being born into sin "

What does everyone have a potential to do exactly ?

During the time of transgression is what I am talking about really. I am most curious as to the state of mind of the victim/s right now ?

The people who knew I have huge issue with honestly. Through their actions who knows how many lives he altered ?

This guy established a pattern in his youth. It was exposed and nothing was done. What am I getting wrong here so far ? As for 12 years of not offending ? Only he knows the truth.

He could very well be a ticking time bomb. why-am-I-ticking_iron-man_6852.jpg

Priceless :D Me telling people to turn off TV's and engage with their families is standing on a soapbox WTF are you on ? Keep livin your back country ways and the rest of us will have our safe children.

Just amazing that people will defend a known sex offender. I would love to see your reaction if this guy lived in your neighborhood and had access to your children.

:picard:

Yes, because that's what I'm doing. :rolleyes:

I was making the point to those who are running with the pedophile angle, that I don't believe that's what this particular person is/was. IMHO, he was a horny teenager, who lived in an extremely sexually repressed environment and was unable to control his urges.

I agree that the adults around him handled the situation poorly, but I disagree that everyone should start fearing for their children's safety, just because Josh Duggar isn't rotting in a prison cell somewhere.

I posted the soapbox because you went off on such a rant about how people "should turn their TV sets off" and it looked like you needed one. Because people watching too much TV has so much to do with a teenager groping his sisters.

FTR: I've raised three daughters to adulthood, but by all means, carry on with the righteous indignation.

I've watched it a few times. It's an odd way to raise a family. The parents being so involved in the 'courtship' of their kids. There are probably underlying issues in the family.

At the same time, if you have 19 kids, your odds have to be higher of having a 'strange' one don't they?

Archived