The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

May 28-29 2015 Earthquake predicted for west coast

Squamfan

It figures... biblical end times... planetary alignment.. aliens.. conspiracy theories... all aspects of the same delusion

what delusion? That we are all alone on a tiny blue for with no real purpose to life except for the one that we give it until we die and then there's nothing after that so really all of life is pointless? That delusion? :D

It figures... biblical end times... planetary alignment.. aliens.. conspiracy theories... all aspects of the same delusion

Hang on.... conspiracies are real..... that's why there are RICO laws.

But, generally, yes.

It's the need to believe that there is a 'reason' for a thing like earthquake activity rather than simply the continuation of the 4 billion year settling of the mantle and crust of the Earth.

Also how did this go from 'planetary alignment' to biblical end times?

cdc's unveiled default move to get another discussion about god going, which usually kills some time during... every... stinking... off-season?

Maybe if the local vocal atheists just prayed more, we'd have a cup by now. lol

Why ask a question you already have convinced yourself you have the answer too ?

Honestly do you not get tired of running around in circles Jazz ?

circular_reasoning_fore-back.gif

Lol nice gif.

I just wanted to know what the other side thinks is the reason life exists in the first place.

Why ask a question you already have convinced yourself you have the answer too ?

Honestly do you not get tired of running around in circles Jazz ?

circular_reasoning_fore-back.gif

Clearly because he feels he is doing god's work by proselytizing his beliefs ad nauseum, by asking baiting questions and using recycled elementary rhetoric, rather than by genuinely seeking more insight from his fellow man into the state of man.

That's why everyone here can see exactly what he believes whilst he learns nothing of those he is speaking to. He doesn't ask real questions.

Lol nice gif.

I just wanted to know what the other side thinks is the reason life exists in the first place.

The other side ? We are all standing on the same rock spinning through space governed by the same set of natural and physical laws.

Ones own perception of reality does not change these laws, and they never will.

Clearly because he feels he is doing god's work by proselytizing his beliefs ad nauseum, by asking baiting questions and using recycled elementary rhetoric, rather than by genuinely seeking more insight from his fellow man into the state of man.

That's why everyone here can see exactly what he believes whilst he learns nothing of those he is speaking to. He doesn't ask real questions.

So, are questions only "real" if you deem them to be? Or is there a definition I can follow? Something?

IMHO the attempt at legitimation through power and influence by the church through the millennia has placed a strangle hold on society in terms of our progress as race on every level.

what delusion? That we are all alone on a tiny blue for with no real purpose to life except for the one that we give it until we die and then there's nothing after that so really all of life is pointless? That delusion? :D

I think you need a timeout. Your response has nothing to do with what I said.

But to answer your question, I mean the delusion of thinking you know a lot more than you do about things that you have no supporting evidence for.

IMHO the attempt at legitimation through power and influence by the church through the millennia has placed a strangle hold on society in terms of our progress as race on every level.

This is true. Although, we wouldn't be where we are today. We could be much better off, or much worse.

I blame Constantine for starting the mediocrity and regression of the church and the state. Power corrupts even some of the best intentions.

I think you need a timeout. Your response has nothing to do with what I said.

But to answer your question, I mean the delusion of thinking you know a lot more than you do about things that you have no supporting evidence for.

Your wish is my command. I've used up all my posts until 50 mins from now.

I was making a joke, btw.

And I do have supporting evidence. I've linked to it a couple times in other areas of OT. But you guys all call it a hoax or as theminister said, "hocus-pocus", making assumptions about things you shouldn't make assumptions about.

It would be like me saying I don't believe North Korea exists. I know it exists, but I've never been there, I've seen pictures and paintings that could have been faked, and I haven't heard of very many people who have seen it and come out of it, but I have heard stories of people who have. You can show me proof of North Korea, but until I see the place with my own eyes I have every reason to be skeptical it exists. (Of course, I believe that North Korea does in fact exist).

Anyway, peace for now, I'll talk to you all later.

Archived