The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

May 28-29 2015 Earthquake predicted for west coast

Squamfan

And I do have supporting evidence. I've linked to it a couple times in other areas of OT. But you guys all call it a hoax or as theminister said, "hocus-pocus", making assumptions about things you shouldn't make assumptions about.

It would be like me saying I don't believe North Korea exists. I know it exists, but I've never been there, I've seen pictures and paintings that could have been faked, and I haven't heard of very many people who have seen it and come out of it, but I have heard stories of people who have. You can show me proof of North Korea, but until I see the place with my own eyes I have every reason to be skeptical it exists. (Of course, I believe that North Korea does in fact exist).

Anyway, peace for now, I'll talk to you all later.

re: supporting evidence, I mean actual supporting evidence.

And no, its not at all comparable to saying North Korea doesn't exist.

This is true. Although, we wouldn't be where we are today. We could be much better off, or much worse.

I blame Constantine for starting the mediocrity and regression of the church and the state. Power corrupts even some of the best intentions.

IF early society was not tainted with the coercive belief system of the Abrahamic religions we could possibly be planet hopping right now with lifespans far longer than what we are used to.

All aspects of society would be discussed and acted upon without fear of persecution.

Smart, kid.

Spend a few more decades on the planet before you think you have all the answers until you can realize that you never will.

Your lack of humility of your own understanding of the complexities of theology lead you to no new insight by not constantly questioning.... which is a shame.

I think we can all agree on two points.

1. No one knows for sure when the end will happen.

2. We are closer to the end than we have ever been in history.

IF early society was not tainted with the coercive belief system of the Abrahamic religions we could possibly be planet hopping right now with lifespans far longer than what we are used to.

All aspects of society would be discussed and acted upon without fear of persecution.

IgpMS.gif

Dude. Taking any hint of Abrahamic belief out of the equation... slaves would still be commonplace. We likely wouldn't have had democracy. Babylon would likely still be a major power. We would not have the gregorian calendar we still have today, meaning weeks and months and our years would be all off, and it would likely be under a lunar cycle instead. You and I would likely not exist. Everyone would be speaking the same language. Rule of thumb would still be "Eye for an eye". A few of the sayings we have today would not exist. Polygamy would be rampant and accepted. MLKJ and Lincoln never would have existed. Men such as Leo the mathematician, Sir Isaac Newton, Roger Bacon, Nicholas of Cusa, William Turner, Tycho Brahe, Francis Bacon, Kepler, Galilei, Descartes, Pascal, Linnaeus, Babbage, Pasteur, Kelvin, Thomson, Hess, Boyle, Copernicus, Seth Rogen, William Shatner, Albert Einstein, and so many more... also, suits likely would not exist. Such a shame.

Put God back into the equation, and he would have likely just asked someone else if Abraham didn't do what he did, and we would have had about the same course of events with just a name change or two.

Every couple years, for the last hundred thousand years or so, someone, somewhere, predicts the end of the world and humanity goes crazy for a few months. Then it doesn't ends and everything goes back to normal. I know, I was there.

So, question: Why does life exist?

Just curious... whats wrong with the idea that we were a cosmic accident? I really don't see anything scary or demeaning or purposeless in that... accidents happen all the time, why, just the other day I thought I had to fart and pooped myself a little bit

Just curious... whats wrong with the idea that we were a cosmic accident? I really don't see anything scary or demeaning or purposeless in that... accidents happen all the time, why, just the other day I thought I had to fart and pooped myself a little bit

... I don't know if I should. It could get pretty dark..

I think we can all agree on two points.

1. No one knows for sure when the end will happen.

2. We are closer to the end than we have ever been in history.

I disagree that is true because it assumes two points:

1) That's there IS an End of the World.

2) That time is linear.

I disagree that is true because it assumes two points:

1) That's there IS an End of the World.

2) That time is linear.

There is. Whether it's tomorrow or a thousand years from now or a few billion years from now, there will be an end to the earth.

I'm not knowledgeable enough to debate the second point.

Honestly, God's shown me where to go with theology. I constantly question everything, I just do it in my head instead of on these forums.

And I don't know all the answers. But I know Jesus, and he does. (Google helps too. :lol: )

Jesus uses google? Or is on Google? Does he do more than simple gardening and landscaping?

Your wish is my command. I've used up all my posts until 50 mins from now.

I was making a joke, btw.

And I do have supporting evidence. I've linked to it a couple times in other areas of OT. But you guys all call it a hoax or as theminister said, "hocus-pocus", making assumptions about things you shouldn't make assumptions about.

It would be like me saying I don't believe North Korea exists. I know it exists, but I've never been there, I've seen pictures and paintings that could have been faked, and I haven't heard of very many people who have seen it and come out of it, but I have heard stories of people who have. You can show me proof of North Korea, but until I see the place with my own eyes I have every reason to be skeptical it exists. (Of course, I believe that North Korea does in fact exist).

Anyway, peace for now, I'll talk to you all later.

Just so I am clear.

You're actually stating you have proof of gods existence?

And please be sure it's more than Jesus' face on the back of a dogs arse or in some grilled cheese.

There is. Whether it's tomorrow or a thousand years from now or a few billion years from now, there will be an end to the earth.

I'm not knowledgeable enough to debate the second point.

That's not what you and your ilk mean when you say the End though, is it? You mean Judgement Day. Armageddon. Not a natural lifespan of a planet...or even a pspecies or civilization. If so, there have already been multiple of the latter.

That's ok because I was responding to the other poster.

Jesus uses google? Or is on Google? Does he do more than simple gardening and landscaping?

Just so I am clear.

You're actually stating you have proof of gods existence?

And please be sure it's more than Jesus' face on the back of a dogs arse or in some grilled cheese.

jesus - Google Search Yes, Jesus is on Google.

There's proof, but most of it the scientific community won't accept.

And no, even though those two are a little cool (the dog one is weird). If God did that, cool, if not, okay, praise him that he can.

Most of the proof I have is in the people I know who's lives are changed. That's why I said the scientific community probably won't accept it, and you guys probably won't either. There's a couple things that happened in Almolonga, Guatemala (transformation of a town) and Caleme, Brazil (people raised from the dead - well, that happens everywhere) as well as all over the world - I've said this before, I've seen people's legs grow out.

In the end though, you guys are likely never going to be convinced until a) Jesus comes back, or B) he meets up with you. Christianity is (or should be) about the love of Jesus, not about proof.

That's not what you and your ilk mean when you say the End though, is it? You mean Judgement Day. Armageddon. Not a natural lifespan of a planet...or even a pspecies or civilization. If so, there have already been multiple of the latter.

That's ok because I was responding to the other poster.

Well, I put the 1000 years in there... Armageddon should be fun. But I put the few billion years in there for you "and your ilk", I thought you'd appreciate that.

Can I have a link to the proof if you're not going to post?

http://www.wnd.com/2005/06/30930/

This one has a news article in it http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread654810/pg1

Look, you have every right to be skeptical. A lot of these stories don't make the news because they would sound crazy. As far as the rest of the world is concerned, this just doesn't happen. Extreme humanism in the western world doesn't help. This stuff happens. I've seen people healed right in front of my eyes, heck, I've even prayed for some. But I understand if these don't sway you one way or the other.

If you need something logical to get there, you could ask yourself: in a world where everything's logical, why do we have things like love, grace, and forgiveness?

Yeah, not on the same page here.

Can't prove or disprove the existence of a higher being as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah. I get that. It's like, if you know God, it's cool, you know what he did. If not, it's just like, cool. The earth changed. Or something did.

Archived