The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Benning needs to deal miller, lack or markstrom before July 1st

billabong

Id try and trade markstrom, even though he wont warrant much value due to his expiring contract. Lack to me is a guy you want around your team, and I believe he will/can take over as starter until Demko is ready. Miller is unmovable unless San Jose wants him.

Id try and trade markstrom, even though he wont warrant much value due to his expiring contract. Lack to me is a guy you want around your team, and I believe he will/can take over as starter until Demko is ready. Miller is unmovable unless San Jose wants him.

Markstrom does see to be the likely candidate to me. I can't see going with with Lack/Markstrom as Lack isn't quite ready to be #1 and Markstrom is still unknown; Miller/Markstrom is tricky again as Markstrom is unknown; so that leaves Miller/Lack through elimination (at least to my mind anyway).

Trade Miller. Eddie proved this year that he can be the number 1 guy, and Markstrom's coming off good season down in Utica and would work in a backup roll. By trading Miller, you also free up cap space that can be used to re-sign some of our RFA's this summer. Eddie is also much younger and would give us a stable presence in net much longer than Miller would.

Trade Miller. Eddie proved this year that he can be the number 1 guy, and Markstrom's coming off good season down in Utica and would work in a backup roll. By trading Miller, you also free up cap space that can be used to re-sign some of our RFA's this summer. Eddie is also much younger and would give us a stable presence in net much longer than Miller would.

Not so sure on that myself. Close though.

i say trade lack

you get your most value for him... keep miller only 2 more yrs left...we need a vet goalie in the pipes...

Yeah and then we have a 34 year old that just had a major knee injury for 2 years, and after that a whole lotta uncertainty. Very risky.

Trade Miller for a 1st round pick, trade Markstrom for a 2nd, then run Lack and Ericsson/Demko. If Benning fails to do this there should be a firing...

Miller isnt worth a first. Trading Markstrom now would be terrible asset management, and he isnt worth a 2nd. Neither Erik or Demko are ready to be backup. Benning shouldnt be fired cause he can't trade assets for much more than they are worth, and can't magically make prospects ready to do something they arent ready for.

Archived