Sign: Franson 6x6

Sign: Ribeiro 6x2

Sign: St.Louis 7x1

Draft:

Barzal at 9

Werenski at 12

Konecny at 16

Roy at 18

Van De Sompel at 48 (I think he will be a first but draft site has him very low)

Bracco at 57

Filip Ahl at 69

Sedin Sedin Kassian

St.Louis Ribeiro Burrows

Baertschi Horvat Hansen

Kenins Cassels Dorsett

Hamhuis Franson

Sbisa Tanev

Clendening Bieksa

Lack

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Baertschi Horvat Virtanen

Bracco Barzal Konecny

Shinkaruk McCann Cassels

Werenski Van De Sompel

Tryamkin Roy

Demko

---------------------------------------------------------------

Few Years:

SJ does NOT want Miller. They want to get younger and Miller absolutely does not do that for them.

Some ppl take the "want get younger" plan a little far. Your confusing it with the "Buffalo tank plan". Which is unload all vets for picks and younger players. SJ is like us. We want to get younger, but also competitive. Why else would we bring in Vrbata and Miller? But taking on these 2 vets to stay competitive we also add young players like:

Vey

Baertschi

Clendenning

Also good picks. So far anyway, time will tell:

Virtanen

Demko

Tryamkin

So i dont see why SJ wouldn't want Miller. They can get younger by trading Thorton and Marleau. With Miller in nets the could ship Niemi for a pick/prospect.

I could see a trade like:

TO SJS:

Miller

Gaunce

Vey

TO VAN:

1st (this year or next)

They get a goalie to help them remain competitive and an NHL ready prospect(?)+a promising 2 way C prospect in gaunce. For a hit or miss pick. All depends if they are willing to gamble. If they chose not to and their pick was a bust. They would regret it.

Miller straight up would get us a 2nd. If not i would wait until TD and we should easily get that.

So i dont see why SJ wouldn't want Miller. They can get younger by trading Thorton and Marleau. With Miller in nets the could ship Niemi for a pick/prospect.

You don't have to see it, San Jose has stated that as their goal. Get a younger goalie that can develop with the other young players on the Sharks going forward. Otherwise they'd just keep Niemi who's a pending UFA and they won't be able to trade for anything.

You don't have to see it, San Jose has stated that as their goal. Get a younger goalie that can develop with the other young players on the Sharks going forward. Otherwise they'd just keep Niemi who's a pending UFA and they won't be able to trade for anything.

Yes because playing a goalie (especially a goalie) in the NHL before their ready will really work. Thats like saying trade both Lack and miller and throw Markstrom in to "develope". He would fail miserably. A young goalie in the NHL from backing up a vet like:

Schnieder with luongo

Lack with luongo

Lack with miller

markstrom with lack/miller?

No matter what, you have to have atleast an average goalie in nets. Goaltenders confidence is a big thing. And throwing them in too early will only hurt their development. After the 2 years on millers contract is up. The young goalie they should have should be ready. Our problem is Lack is ready. So the question remains. Are the Sharks in the get younger mode? Or the tank mode?

to many moving pieces, In a earier post I had suggested that Miller / Edler and Van 1st pick 2015 go to San Jose in return Van gets Brent burns, a prospect and San Jose 1st pick 2015. I believe this is a good hockey trade and Van saves some money.

In a second move Burr to Montreal but this can be modified to include NYR, CLB, and or NYI. for a second round pick, now Van can sign an UFA for significant money if they have to. Plus opens up some room for rookies.

Easy trades, not elaberant or fancy in any way.

don't need Ribiero, not a good sign. If Van wants to get real elaborate, then send juice out for picks and sign Seabrooke. But now is the time for rookies to shine , Beartchi, Shink, Cassels, McCann , Virt , Corrado, Clendening, Van has good options with their youth.

Yes because playing a goalie (especially a goalie) in the NHL before their ready will really work. Thats like saying trade both Lack and miller and throw Markstrom in to "develope". He would fail miserably. A young goalie in the NHL from backing up a vet like:

Schnieder with luongo

Lack with luongo

Lack with miller

markstrom with lack/miller?

No matter what, you have to have atleast an average goalie in nets. Goaltenders confidence is a big thing. And throwing them in too early will only hurt their development. After the 2 years on millers contract is up. The young goalie they should have should be ready. Our problem is Lack is ready. So the question remains. Are the Sharks in the get younger mode? Or the tank mode?

Who said anything about playing a goalie before they're ready? It's not like they're hoping to get Fucale in trade and start him next year.

The Sharks want a young goalie that is ready (similar to how Toronto picked up Bernier a couple years ago) and they're prepared to roll with the bumps in the road that'll come with not having a veteran starter. Theyve got Stalock as well and could sign a cheap veteran goalie as well if needed but they're ready to rebuild with youth on the rest of the roster.

Like I said, you don't have to see it or even believe it, but that's what they want to do. They don't want a veteran goalie with a big price tag like Miller. If they did, they'd just keep Niemi. How hard is it to understand that?

Archived