The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where would Cole Cassels go if he was in this years draft

cuporbust

Cole Cassels  

160 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Is a canucks message board. What I always find hilarious is no matter what the thread , someone wastes a post whining about it, but takes the time to post the same useless comment in usually multiple threads. Look at most threads around here and you will almost always find an idiotic post like yours no matter what the subject. Then it's the ever popular grammar police posts.

Here is a hint , all these threads are relatively pointless. It's a place to waste time and talk about whatever. U don't like the subject , feel free to post elsewhere

It's a stupid question is all. Where would Cody Hodgson go in the 2015 draft? Wayne Gretzky? Who cares?

People have to remember than he's relatively older than most of the guys he's playing against. I think he'd be good for a late first round pick or early 2nd rounder if people knew he would turn out this good at 18, but if he were to be in the draft right now I don't think he'd go that high. He's 20 years old.

He wasn't playing like this when he was first eligible for the draft, so he'd be drafted where he was (plus or minus a little bit based on the talent he'd be competing against for draft position in this draft versus the one he was actually taken in). It's a moot point trying to compare his play now as an older prospect, and something that could have easily been asked in the Cole Cassels Talk prospects thread.

Are you assuming his age to still be 20? If so, he'd be drafted around the same; maybe in the late 2nd round.

If he was playing as he is at 18, he'd probably be 15-20.

He wasn't playing like this when he was first eligible for the draft, so he'd be drafted where he was (plus or minus a little bit based on the talent he'd be competing against for draft position in this draft versus the one he was actually taken in). It's a moot point trying to compare his play now as an older prospect, and something that could have easily been asked in the Cole Cassels Talk prospects thread.

ie. Who cares?

Just before that guy he outpointed while being matched against in the OHL finals. ;)

More serious answer-I agree with Vintage Canuck. Probably in the range of 25-35 or thereabouts. That of course doesn't fit the poll.

The poll is, in my opinion, asking the wrong question. If the question means where an 18-year-old go if he just the season Cassels had the answer is top 10. But that question does not make much sense as Cassels is in his draft year +2. In the Cole Cassels thread there has been discussion of how Cassels ranks now relative to his draft class. The answer is the low 20s. In other words, if we do a redraft now of all the players who were drafted in 2013 Cassels would come in the low 20s. Horvat would probably move up for #9 to #6 or #7. Shinkaruk would probably move down to the high second round.

Another question is what would Cassels be worth in a straight up trade for a draft choice in the 2015 draft. The 2015 is a deep draft, but Cassels is closer to being ready for the NHL than a guy drafted this year. I think he would be worth somewhere between #15 and #20 in a straight-up trade.

The poll is, in my opinion, asking the wrong question. If the question means where an 18-year-old go if he just the season Cassels had the answer is top 10. But that question does not make much sense as Cassels is in his draft year +2. In the Cole Cassels thread there has been discussion of how Cassels ranks now relative to his draft class. The answer is the low 20s. In other words, if we do a redraft now of all the players who were drafted in 2013 Cassels would come in the low 20s. Horvat would probably move up for #9 to #6 or #7. Shinkaruk would probably move down to the high second round.

Another question is what would Cassels be worth in a straight up trade for a draft choice in the 2015 draft. The 2015 is a deep draft, but Cassels is closer to being ready for the NHL than a guy drafted this year. I think he would be worth somewhere between #15 and #20 in a straight-up trade.

That 2013 draft looks more and more like a parting gift from the Gillis era...Even a few years back Gillis had his eye on rebuilding......Lets hope JB finishes the job.

Would be chosen with the 30th overall pick or very early second round. I remember when Tanner Pearson was selected by the Kings with the 30th overall, and analysts were saying part of the reason he was chosen late was due to his age at the time (19 years old). So Cassels at 20 would be in the second round, especially in a draft this deep.

Gillis made a few mistakes but he gets way too much flak on these forums...

How so?

Other than Bo, how many of his picks are in the lineup?

Gillis traded and wasted so many picks during his tenure that it's left the Canucks with a gaping hole in their prospect pool that JB is slowly trying to fix.

There's a good reason why JB's trades so far have been for early to mid-twenty year old players. Gillis' parting gift was a few young draft picks and an old core, with not much in between. JB is now trying to fix that mess.

Archived