The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[speculation] Ehrhoff moving on from Pittsburgh

Will welcome him back at 4 million dollars tops.

meanly because he has proven he can actually handle the top pairing role better then anyone on our team when he was here.

It speaks for itself when we had the best power play and penalty kill, with Ehrhoff being part of the number 1 unit on the power play and the number 1 unit when it comes to penalty killing. He did everything for Vancouver and that year, our defence was hammered with injuries. Not to mention Edler played his best hockey a long side the mentor ship of Ehrhoff.

will love him back, but to be honest, it's kinda too late now. that window has closed.

Ehrhoff provided what Duncan Keith is doing for Chicago. an offensive end to end dman. Sure he is no "Keith" but he was very good for us.

Will welcome him back at 4 million dollars tops.

meanly because he has proven he can actually handle the top pairing role better then anyone on our team when he was here.

It speaks for itself when we had the best power play and penalty kill, with Ehrhoff being part of the number 1 unit on the power play and the number 1 unit when it comes to penalty killing.

Loved Ehrhoff when he was here, but he rarely played on the top PK unit when the d core was fully healthy, which of course it wasn't that year. I remember AV used to play Rome on the pk over him. Once Salo was back, he barely played on the pk at all.

I'd rather try for Franson at 4-4.5M than Ehrhoff at 3.5-4M.

If your prices are accurate, and both were looking for short terms, then yes.

But the thing is, Franson is going to be looking for at least 5 - both in years and in millions. Whereas Ehrhoff will probably be more in the 2-3 years range, and as you indicated, could probably be had for less than 4.

Yesterday's sweetheart is standing(teary-eyed) at your front steps. She'd run off with a nouveau riche, sugar daddy, after your first sports car had difficulties.

You're still bitter; yet she says she misses the ol'days..Good Lord, is that a tattoo?!

Should you let her in?

If we could land Erhoff, i would consider our D lines like this.

Edler Erhoff

Sbisa Tanev

Hamhuis Bieksa

I think Tanev could really help out Sbisa. Help him develop into the D man he was supposed to be or the D man that JB sees him as.

Then Hamhuis can help Bieksa find his game for one more year.

Just keep the lines solid all around, rather than a third pairing of Sbisa Bieksa

If we could land Erhoff, i would consider our D lines like this.

Edler Erhoff

Sbisa Tanev

Hamhuis Bieksa

I think Tanev could really help out Sbisa. Help him develop into the D man he was supposed to be or the D man that JB sees him as.

Then Hamhuis can help Bieksa find his game for one more year.

Just keep the lines solid all around, rather than a third pairing of Sbisa Bieksa

I don't know if Sbisa will be ready for 2nd pairing next year but I'm hopeful that Sbisa/Tanev will be our 2nd pair at least the year after.

Frankly I hope we move Bieksa (as much as I love the guy) and sign McQuaid.

Edler, Ehrhoff

Hamhuis, Tanev

Sbisa, McQuaid

Stanton, Clendening

Think of it like this.

We've a glut of redundant D men/prospects.

But no real NHL ready PMDs. Let alone one with experience with out top PP unit or players.

When we factor in possible cost to acquire, contract. Who is available and where does Ehrhoff fit into it?

He might be the most affordable stop gap option for us

Yesterday's sweetheart is standing(teary-eyed) at your front steps. She'd run off with a nouveau riche, sugar daddy, after your first sports car had difficulties.

You're still bitter; yet she says she misses the ol'days..Good Lord, is that a tattoo?!

Should you let her in?

If she's not going to cause too much drama, then yeah, for a night or two. Then you move on to someone better.

Benning just stated that the Canucks currently have 9 NHL caliber defenseman, including Corrado and Clendening. So unless he makes a trade, which is likely, Ehrhoff is redundant.

I got the impression Benning will move at least one of them. Depth is good to have too though.

Archived