The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Season ticket holder relocation

DonaldBrashear

I was told earlier today by a Canucks rep that UB4 is all sold out and UB2 and 3 were still available. He also said that they do save seats for half and ice pack holders for their seat selection.

Still hoping for UB3 when seat selection is held mid July.

I'm active on a few other boards but never really found the need to post here despite taking the time to register. I'm a huge hockey fan but since I'm now a STH I suppose I'm a bit more invested in the Canucks and wanted to share my experience with seat relocation for those who are interested.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like there is still a lot of seats available lower bowl behind the nets.

Just got an email that they are now calling them lower bowl III and $99 per game.

Think they used to be $125.

I counted like 320 seats or so. That's quite a few. I kind of feel like this is screwing over anyone who paid for seats at full price isn't it? Or do they give the LB3 price to everyone who already paid too?

My Canucks ticket rep just called me to discuss my seats for next season...offering me the LBIII, he also advised that there is basically nothing left in UB3/4...I have heard conflicting reports from STHs who went to seat selection last month saying there were quite a few available.

My Canucks ticket rep just called me to discuss my seats for next season...offering me the LBIII, he also advised that there is basically nothing left in UB3/4...I have heard conflicting reports from STHs who went to seat selection last month saying there were quite a few available.

I'm going to take a wild guess that the reps have been given their marching orders to "upsell" as much as they can. Basically, there's two types of customers in any business: Existing and New. For the Canucks, existing customers would be anyone who has put a deposit down and cannot walk away easily, giving the Canucks the leverage. New customers would be someone who has not put any money down, and therefore, the customer has the leverage in this case. It's like marketing 101 for business, simple stuff.

Case and point, last year when I added a pair of tickets to my account, I was told the same thing, no UB3/UB4. I was about to hang up, but then the rep offered me UB3 seats. So there were some available, but they were just trying to sell me on the UB2+ first. So you could try and put pressure on your rep, but like I said, they have the leverage not you, because you've put a deposit down presumably of 10%, and won't want to walk away from it.

If you really want UB3, then you might need to go to full-season tickets. Personally, I'd recommend this. As a half season holder, you will never get to keep the same seats, so next year you will go through the same thing again (begging for UB3). Also, you don't gain "seniority" in the waiting list. In other words, a brand new full season ticket holder will get to pick seats before a 20 year half season holder does. This also gives you leverage. Maybe tell your rep you'll upgrade to full season but only under the condition that he gets you UB3?

Just some thoughts/ideas.

I'm going to take a wild guess that the reps have been given their marching orders to "upsell" as much as they can. Basically, there's two types of customers in any business: Existing and New. For the Canucks, existing customers would be anyone who has put a deposit down and cannot walk away easily, giving the Canucks the leverage. New customers would be someone who has not put any money down, and therefore, the customer has the leverage in this case. It's like marketing 101 for business, simple stuff.

Case and point, last year when I added a pair of tickets to my account, I was told the same thing, no UB3/UB4. I was about to hang up, but then the rep offered me UB3 seats. So there were some available, but they were just trying to sell me on the UB2+ first. So you could try and put pressure on your rep, but like I said, they have the leverage not you, because you've put a deposit down presumably of 10%, and won't want to walk away from it.

If you really want UB3, then you might need to go to full-season tickets. Personally, I'd recommend this. As a half season holder, you will never get to keep the same seats, so next year you will go through the same thing again (begging for UB3). Also, you don't gain "seniority" in the waiting list. In other words, a brand new full season ticket holder will get to pick seats before a 20 year half season holder does. This also gives you leverage. Maybe tell your rep you'll upgrade to full season but only under the condition that he gets you UB3?

Just some thoughts/ideas.

Thanks for the reply!

I wasn't aware that you don't get to keep the seats and have to go through the process again.

Only reason not to get full season is is I'm already stretching the budget so will just have to wait and see what happens at seat selection.

Frustrating when you first talk to a rep about putting down a deposit and they tell you that there won't be any issue getting UB3/4 come seat selection time.

Thanks for the reply!

I wasn't aware that you don't get to keep the seats and have to go through the process again.

Only reason not to get full season is is I'm already stretching the budget so will just have to wait and see what happens at seat selection.

Frustrating when you first talk to a rep about putting down a deposit and they tell you that there won't be any issue getting UB3/4 come seat selection time.

If the Canucks rep did say that, then I'd look into complaining and maybe email the supervisor/manager. They can't use sales tactics like that, it's bait and switch.

As for full seasons, maybe find someone to share with? Just an idea. Good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

My first time tonight. I haven't even received the email telling me where to enter, if I should bring a pass or something to get in.

That sucks. They should send you the info. But anyways, here is the info:

if you are going by car, then go to the underground parking lot (enter off Griffiths Way). It's free from 5:00pm onwards. Otherwise you can enter by foot at Gate 10. Once in, you will go to level 100 concourse area and register. Have your member # ready for quicker service. They give you a form, and then you can go eat some cookies and have some drinks and wait for your "group" to start. They will give you a speech before you go in explaining the rules. Basically every seat has a blue OR green marker on it, indication Pack A and Pack B. If a seat has both Green/blue on them, it means you could upgrade to season tickets if you wanted, or just pick one of the packs. They will explain it all though. Once you find your seats, sit down in them, wait for time to be called, then stand up and someone will come assist you. Then you go back to the line up, wait in line, and they will confirm your seats. Then you're done.

That sucks. They should send you the info. But anyways, here is the info:

if you are going by car, then go to the underground parking lot (enter off Griffiths Way). It's free from 5:00pm onwards. Otherwise you can enter by foot at Gate 10. Once in, you will go to level 100 concourse area and register. Have your member # ready for quicker service. They give you a form, and then you can go eat some cookies and have some drinks and wait for your "group" to start. They will give you a speech before you go in explaining the rules. Basically every seat has a blue OR green marker on it, indication Pack A and Pack B. If a seat has both Green/blue on them, it means you could upgrade to season tickets if you wanted, or just pick one of the packs. They will explain it all though. Once you find your seats, sit down in them, wait for time to be called, then stand up and someone will come assist you. Then you go back to the line up, wait in line, and they will confirm your seats. Then you're done.

Great! If you don't go, is it possible to do it online as well?

Archived