The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van -Was

To Washington

Chris Higgins

Frankie Corrado

Washington has a lot of UFAS this offseason and Higgins would be a great replacement in their bottom 6. Corrado is ready to be at least a 7/8th defenceman in the league but there isn't a lot of room in Vancouver for him.

To Vancouver

2015 3rd Round Pick

2016 2nd Round Pick

Vancouver regains draft picks and a bit of cap space. Higgins is replaced by Baertschi/Kenins. Corrado is kind of redundant now in our system.

I don't really see Benning doing this trade. It doesn't really make sense to trade Corrado, a prospect who is nearly ready for the NHL, for a draft pick. He usually does the opposite, trading picks for developed prospects.

Unless he thinks Corrado is tradeable because of Clendening and Weber, which he suggested he will resign. Would much rather have Corrado and Clendening, though.

Not sure why everyone wants to keep Corrado so bad. His upside is pretty limited and he really doesnt excel at anything. We have plenty of D prospects that project to be something like a 3-4 defensemen.

I'd rather keep Higgins till at least the deadline when he'd be worth more. Despite what people think Higgins does a lot for this team and it'd be noticeable without him in the lineup.

He's just redundant. Tanev Hamhuis Stanton are all very similar in style. Like it's been stated a million times we need legit puck movers.

Only Tanev plays on the right side, and Hamhuis won't be here forever. Stanton isn't quite a Corrado level player either.

But the value is reasonably close, although not sure why either team is really enticed to do it.

Tell me again how this gets us a legit puck mover?

JB is super high on Corrado, so in order for Corrado to be moved has to be a player/package that blows him away.

And trading Corrado would be counter intuitive of what JB is doing trying to accelerate the youth movement with additions of Pedan, Baertschi, Clendenning...Corrado is also part of the succession plan. Trading him for a pick doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I could see him possibly packaged off for a more established Dman that could help immediately.

With Stanton, Weber, Clendening, and Corrado all becoming Rfa's this offseason were going to have to deal at least one of them since they all have to clear waivers.

That assumes we don't deal someone else. Certainly Benning wants depth on D, with probably 8 D on the roster and 2-3 more NHL level call ups down in the AHL, so if he does move a top 4 D then he'll still want enough quality with the depth players to cover for that.

We already have the core of Edler, Tanev, Hamhuis, Sbisa and Bieksa. He's not going to move Edler or Tanev and he just re-signed Sbisa. Hamhuis probably is staying, and I'm not sure Bieksa would waive but one of them could move to allow for the younger D to step in.

Archived