The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CFSC- Restricted Firearms Exam tips?

Orka

Hello everyone,

Next week I'm taking my Non-Restricted firearms exam. I would do the course but in my schedule I just can't make it happen, but I am quite familiar and I know my way around a weapon.

I'm just wondering for all of you who have done the exam what I should expect and what tips you all may have.

:canucks:

The instruction is pretty thorough. I'd say it's almost impossible to fail the written part. For the mock walk through where you're handling a firearm, whatever you do, don't point it at the instructor. It seems like common sense, but I saw 2 people fail because of it. Always point the barrel in a "safe" direction. We were in a basement and the instructor said don't point it up because we were to assume people were upstairs. I'd never handled a rifle before and I got 94% on the course. Good luck.

The examiner will try a few "trick" questions. Be it simulation crossing a fence. Identifying brass stamps. Or leaving a deactivating a firearm and as noted above to make sure you don't point it at the examiner. Keep your wits about you. From what I remember the written test was easy. You might want to make sure you know ACTS, PROVE, and know the storage rules.

If you know your way around a pistol and revolver for the practical, and you've went through the book, its almost impossible to fail. Like the people above were saying, mostly common sense with the odd caliber question

I'm not sure if it's his non-restricted or restricted licence. If you can handle the Non-Restricted, you can pass the Restricted.

I'm not sure if it's his non-restricted or restricted licence. If you can handle the Non-Restricted, you can pass the Restricted.

For some reason I thought I saw CRFSC and read restricted.....anyways regardless they're both easy as long as the person reads it.

Archived