The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Sabres to hire Dan Bylsma

I don't know much about Bylsma to be honest. I've never been much of a Pittsburgh Penguins viewer. He has a history with Eichel so that's good.

I was ambivalent about Richardson. I know more about him as a player than I do as a coach. I was just 80% sure that he was going to get hired because of his close connection to Murray.

It's hard to gauge Bylsma honestly. He won the cup in 09, but failed years after with even stronger teams. He made the conference finals in 2013, but Pittsburgh got spanked by Boston in 4, scoring 2 goals in that series... The Pens underachieved greatly a lot in the playoffs with him as coach. However, like pointed out, he did get them the cup in 09. So it could go either way.

The Sabers will be a force to reckon with. Blysma is a good coach and Kane will have a terrific season.

This will also be the turning point for Hodgson. He will either get better or end up in the minors. This will be interesting.

All I can say is that compensation rule is stupid. A team should not give up any draft picks to hire a person who has been relieved of their duties to a team. That compensation rule should only apply in cases like JB or current assistant coach hiring as head coach of another team.

Archived