The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Benning on the TSN 1040 (May 29)

Gstank29

no doubt Corrado gets claimed, if AV would play him as a 19 y/o in a playoff game, I have to think he'd give him a real look.

I think it's Stanton who walks, or gets his rights traded. We can't run with 9 NHL D, and can't risk Corrado or Clendening on waivers. Weber was all but top 4 by the end of the season, he stays.

Except we have no nhl ready left D depth past Stanton. Maybe Pedan but there's no guarantee he's even ready for 7th spot at the beginning of the year. We could sign a ufa but then why not just hang on to Stanton?

Plus Hamhuis is likely gone the following fall (or sooner). We need nhl ready depth on that side.

Fact: Gillis rejected a deal sending Kesler to Pittsburgh for Maataa, Bennett, Pouliot and a 2014 1st. Fact.

Cute. Is this where someone is supposed to ask "Source?" with the inevitable response saying it was from someone's mouth and reported extensively?

what's your interpretation of "it was a tough couple of weeks ... going back and forth", "there are things a team can do that make you think you dont have a no-trade clause at all" and "i'm glad it's over with"?

"it was a tough couple weeks... going back and forth" could mean he was vetoing other teams or just general negotiations. "there are things and team can do that make you think you dont have a no-trade clause at all" could mean just their general attitude and certainty towards him getting traded. "I'm glad it's over with" is something that most players who get traded say. Stressful situation for anyone in that situation and a serious ego blow.

You're interpretation is nearly the most extreme and negative possible.

i know what he's asking, but thinking there's any chance that someone would fabricate that quote is ridiculous.

Are you kidding? People make up stuff all the time. There are massive amounts of crap sources. I quickly google searched the quote you gave and it barely came up, and it didnt come up anywhere reliable, so I'm still not sold on it either.

did that guy provide a direct quote from jim benning?

Where did you provide a direct quote from Benning on that?

no doubt Corrado gets claimed, if AV would play him as a 19 y/o in a playoff game, I have to think he'd give him a real look.

I think it's Stanton who walks, or gets his rights traded. We can't run with 9 NHL D, and can't risk Corrado or Clendening on waivers. Weber was all but top 4 by the end of the season, he stays.

This is the exact case of mismanaging a player. Corrado should have been getting nhl minutes and theorem should have lived with the growing pains like they did with horvat

33 year old Ehrhoff >>>>>> current Clendining and Corrado.

will love to have him back. 33 year old Ehrhoff also >>>>>>> Franson. That guy is terrible.

depends on money and term for Erhoff, i'd be down with 3m/2years with L. NTC and maybe 4m if no NTC.

Weber was all but top 4 by the end of the season, he stays.

and people were shocked we got rocked by the flames. Weber should never get top 4 minutes. He is the weakest link in his own end, constantly out muscled, out of position and making lame attempts at stick checking. He should be sheltered with pp time and offensive zone starts to the tune of 12 minutes a night or better yet, replaced with a 2 way player.

"it was a tough couple weeks... going back and forth" could mean he was vetoing other teams or just general negotiations. "there are things and team can do that make you think you dont have a no-trade clause at all" could mean just their general attitude and certainty towards him getting traded. "I'm glad it's over with" is something that most players who get traded say. Stressful situation for anyone in that situation and a serious ego blow.

You're interpretation is nearly the most extreme and negative possible.

Are you kidding? People make up stuff all the time. There are massive amounts of crap sources. I quickly google searched the quote you gave and it barely came up, and it didnt come up anywhere reliable, so I'm still not sold on it either.

Where did you provide a direct quote from Benning on that?

vetoing other teams and going back and forth for two weeks when he already said he wanted to stay in vancouver is being pushed, like i originally said. the other two tidbits make it crystal clear that benning pushed him out the door if the first one didn't already. he wasn't speaking in generalities, he was speaking about his own situation without mentioning specifics.

you really think some wannabe hockey journalist fabricated an entire interview with garrison? get real. i would find the thread about it here when the article was originally posted, likely containing a "better source" but i'm getting a database error when i search.

and i didn't provide a direct quote from benning.

Come on Benning show some recognition to Bo Sang, the guy was a plus 24 and is having a decent playoffs. I'm amazed at how he never mentions Bo-Sang.

The AHL is littered with dudes that have flourish and put up great numbers. BUT, they seem to fall short in the NFL. ...Bo-Sang seems to be one of them.

For goalie situation, I truly hope it's Miller and his $6 mil contract that is sent packing. $6 mil is a lot and provides more options.

Getting younger and asking older vets to wave ALSO saves $$

Bieksa $4.5

Hamhuis $4.5

Burrows $4.5

Higgins $2.5

Along with Miller's $6

$22 mil along with Draft picks, prospects and other assets acquired in the trades

Archived