Gaunce Cassels Rantanen

Conacher Friesen DeFazio

Archibald Acton Bancks

Pedan Sangiunetti

Enhardt Hutton

Huskins Subban

Eriksson

Cannata

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Doesn't having Horvat make trying to land O'Reilly somewhat redundant?

Not really O'Reilly is a 50-60 point two-way center, Horvat is a two-way center with a 25 point rookie season. Just because Hovart is projected to be the same kind of player as O'Reilly it doesn't mean he will.

Also even if Hovart does pan out as projected is there a rule that says you can't have two similar players on the same team?

That being said I wouldn't want to give up Tanev for O'Reilly as he only has a 1 year left on his contract and will likely look for the biggest pay check as a UFA next summer.

I think all of these deals slightly have the advantage going to Vancouver, but overall it's a very good proposal by the OP. Much better than most on these forums!

As for the ROR/Horvat debate, personally I'd be happy to have both. As centers, they would clearly be on different lines. Having strong two way guys is not a bad thing at all. Not like we should turn down a two way center, just to get a one dimensional guy. I like at both these guys as similar to Kesler. Would we have taken two Keslers for our cup run? Absolutely. Especially if Horvat and ROR would be our second and third line centers rather than a #1, that makes a killer roster. Tanev and Bonino is a big cost but worth it. With that said, ROR may not have the attitude we want, and could walk at free agency so those are major risks.

Archived