The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Robin Williams’ suicide abetted by moon?

Slegr

Roll up smoke of that stuff you smoked before conceiving this thread and send it my way please. Lunar kush? It's wierd full moons soothe my soul, i love walking down to the beach during one. We had one last night.

Yep.

But I don't count on it as a reference, more that I like to compare notes to see how accurate it is and if anything aligns. Amusement.

Post was for OP BTW but I never thought of doing that. Lol

When my Mom was in palliative care the nurses reported that they have more deaths during full moons than any other time....that they anticipate and prepare for it.

You have to consider that the moon affects tides and gravitational pull...our bodies being comprised of mostly water are also subject to that, so it isn't too farfetched to make the connection. Yes, I am one of those crazies who looks beyond the simple "no" to consider possibilities.

Also, with depression sleepless nights are all too frequent...during a rough bout, the fact that the room is lit up could surely amplify the loneliness and emptiness of it all.

Don't be so close minded...all sorts of things can factor in to "why", although I'm reluctant to speculate on an individual basis as it is FAR too personal. Bottom line is that depression is much too complex for that and you can't really pinpoint why (someone has ended their life) beyond that. There is no real answer other than desperation and helplessness. Which is why it's so important to take someone's admission of depression seriously.

Yes, yes it is too far-fetched. For one, the full moon is a product of its position relative to the Sun and Earth, not anything to do with gravity. For another, the gravitational force on our bodies isn't that hard to calculate and it's minuscule.

When my Mom was in palliative care the nurses reported that they have more deaths during full moons than any other time....that they anticipate and prepare for it.

You have to consider that the moon affects tides and gravitational pull...our bodies being comprised of mostly water are also subject to that, so it isn't too farfetched to make the connection. Yes, I am one of those crazies who looks beyond the simple "no" to consider possibilities.

Also, with depression sleepless nights are all too frequent...during a rough bout, the fact that the room is lit up could surely amplify the loneliness and emptiness of it all.

Don't be so close minded...all sorts of things can factor in to "why", although I'm reluctant to speculate on an individual basis as it is FAR too personal. Bottom line is that depression is much too complex for that and you can't really pinpoint why (someone has ended their life) beyond that. There is no real answer other than desperation and helplessness. Which is why it's so important to take someone's admission of depression seriously.

I don't think we were making fun of suicide or depression (at least I wasn't), but rather the claim that the full moon was the cause...

I don't doubt there is a psychological corolation (like someone said, pop culture tells us to go crazy) but I'm so extremely skeptical of an actual physical effect I'd put money against it and give rediculous odds.

If the moon could actually affect us physically, it would be pretty easy thing to test and measure... with real statistics as opposed to anedotal evidence...

Yes, yes it is too far-fetched. For one, the full moon is a product of its position relative to the Sun and Earth, not anything to do with gravity. For another, the gravitational force on our bodies isn't that hard to calculate and it's minuscule.

and some would say that if the laws that our universe is governed by had any very slight deviations in the most minuscule amount that we could be living in a completely different place that is if we would exist at all or if the universe would even exist.

So very small things can have enormous consequences.

Did the moon influence anything mentally who knows. But maybe the foil hat conspiracy nuts had it all wrong it wasn't aliens or the government trying to read their minds or use mind control it was the moon all along.

and some would say that if the laws that our universe is governed by had any very slight deviations in the most minuscule amount that we could be living in a completely different place that is if we would exist at all or if the universe would even exist.

So very small things can have enormous consequences.

Did the moon influence anything mentally who knows. But maybe the foil hat conspiracy nuts had it all wrong it wasn't aliens or the government trying to read their minds or use mind control it was the moon all along.

Day drinking is bad for you.

Archived