The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Romantic spots around Vancouver?

CanuckGAME

Hey everyone, so i dont live in Vancouver but i grew up there. Ive been with my girlfriend 7 years, and plan to propose this weekend.

She wants to go hiking on grouse mountain, ive never been there before, so im not sure this is the location of choice for me.

What im looking for is a nice view. The Ocean is a must in the view as i love the Ocean, and seclusion is also a must, i dont want to be surrounded by people hahah.

I was hoping someone could give me some ideas on some nice places with beautiful views and such. As of right now im planning on taking her to Stanley Park to do this. But maybe there are better options. Thanks alot!

My buddy proposed at the top of grouse after a dinner overlooking the lower mainland.

Great spot bud...

I did it in Tofino on the beach, thought my heart was going to explode..

(The sense of relief when you ask and she says yes is orgasmic) ( It's like Andre the Giant literally jumped off your back)

Pacific Centre Mall looking over the escalators. With H&M to your right, the security booth to your back, a hippie coffee shop to your left, and old men sitting on the bench in front of you ogling the young female shoppers passing by, nothing says 'I Do' more than PCM. Its got it all!

My buddy proposed at the top of grouse after a dinner overlooking the lower mainland.

Great spot bud...

I did it in Tofino on the beach, thought my heart was going to explode..

(The sense of relief when you ask and she says yes is orgasmic) ( It's like Andre the Giant literally jumped off your back)

Why was Andre the Giant on your back in the first place? Maybe your wife should know about that ;)

Grouse Mountain gondola? Maybe if they have an attendant there you can ask for your own gondola with no other travellers.

grouse-mountain-gondola-during-the-ski-s

They run every 15 minutes or so, so you should have a chance at getting an empty one for yourself.

Awkward ride back in this big glass box if she says no... which of course she won't! :P

I like the idea for Teahouse and Grouse too if she's a hiker. Both have nice views. Anyways

cc5ae984e8b7e1b0bc2f90cb6656c2a4968c1ae6

(Btw thanks for starting this thread OP, time to store this for future reference ;))

I think Ghostof1915 got it right. Do it at Grouse because that's where she's asked to go that weekend. I know if I were to be proposed to, I'd rather it be at a location that was special to me rather than just some random scenic spot.

I think Ghostof1915 got it right. Do it at Grouse because that's where she's asked to go that weekend. I know if I were to be proposed to, I'd rather it be at a location that was special to me rather than just some random scenic spot.

Don't worry, someday a nice guy will come along and do something special for you :)

Archived