The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Canucks shopping Eddie Lack for second round pick

If we DO deal Lack, best to send him(once again) out east.

Should the Comets go all the way,(& Markstrom plays like today's game), I don't believe other GM's wouldn't put in offers.

We've got three solid assets, at different career stages. Similar to Ottawa's scenario. It might turn out alright...

I was not against signing Miller...

But was not a proponent either.

I can also see the logic in keeping Miller. You have Miller to give you the best chance to win. And not one but two stud prospects if u include Demko in the mix.

I just believe lack and an improved D, using Millers $6 mill cap space, is > Miller!

And I like Lack...

Honestly though. The real best case scenario is a combination of deals, or packaged deal.

- Vrbata, our 1st for; Ryan Pullock or Derek Pouliot? (How good would vrby look with Sid or Johnny T? Sick, they would want him!)

- Lack for Matt Tennyson which is a straight up good deal for both teams!

- Add something to first deal and bring Griffin Reinhert home!

- Combined wi first deal, Lack and Bieksa ( I reckon he would waive, 1/2 hour drive from Grimsby, get to play with / mentor Eichel, Ristolainen, Zadorov, Sam Reinhart etc...) for odd man out, 1 more Benning reclamation ( no not CoHo) Mikhail Grigorenko.

Then don't forget, between Bieksa and Vrbata, less incoming salaries, we have $6 to $9 mill in cap space.

Boom!

So in the end it's the sum of all moves...

Ha i'm thinking

best case scenario

Lack + Higgins to buffalo for their 21st

Bieska to TO for their (conditional) 2016 3rd round pick, becomes a 2nd if he resigns.

Free up cap space, and add two more first round picks.

I do like the idea of Vbrata + to NYI Reinhart though, although we would be really weak on RW

I say Miller and Burrows to Buffalo for Lindback, Moulson, Carrier, 2015 1st and a conditional 2016 3rd.

See what I did there? (sarcasm)

In case nobody gets the sarcasm:

Burrows = Ott

Lindback = Halak

Moulson = Stewart

Now you see what I did there?

I say Miller and Burrows to Buffalo for Lindback, Moulson, Carrier, 2015 1st and a conditional 2016 3rd.

See what I did there? (sarcasm)

In case nobody gets the sarcasm:

Burrows = Ott

Lindback = Halak

Moulson = Stewart

Now you see what I did there?

Please tell me you're being sarcastic... :picard:

I don't get it...

What don't you get? You said "I hope you're being sarcastic" and I stated that I was clearly being sarcastic (because I stated that I was being sarcastic right in my post). Or is it the sarcastic trade deal you don't get? Go read up on the deal that took Miller from Buffalo to St.Louis then you'll get the joke...even though it's not that humorous anymore now that I have to explain it great detail. But hopefully some others got the joke...anyways, thanks for playing along.

Ha i'm thinking

best case scenario

Lack + Higgins to buffalo for their 21st

Bieska to TO for their (conditional) 2016 3rd round pick, becomes a 2nd if he resigns.

Free up cap space, and add two more first round picks.

I do like the idea of Vbrata + to NYI Reinhart though, although we would be really weak on RW

Well... RW?

We have still got a couple of years with Alex Burrows. Kassian needs to arrive sooner or later... We have Dorsett, Hansen as very viable depth guys. We have Grenier as an option? AND Jake Virtanen!!! And even options to have Shinkaruk or Baertschi sniping shots from their off wing which does work for hired goal scorers in some cases. jensen? I think we can make do even though I like Vrby.

Plus for whatever reason Vrbata found himself on the outs with Willie, or the Twins, or something. I think it's good asset use to move him & he would waive to play with Sid or Tavares...

I would do the Higgins / Lack to Buff deal but speculate if CH would waive there? Buffalo is about as long a drive from NYC as a plane flight from Vancouver. also colder, and 8 times the snow as Toronto. I proposed Bieksa because he grew up 45 minutes away. And it's a blue collar city in the US which sulks! I would rather live in Winnipeg!

Archived