The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Value Of]

I am not proposing, i am trying to get an idea.

Like, what do you think is a reasonable price for Ekblad ? Is it something like R1+Horvat + Tanev ?

This is the problem with this forum.

Their value is at this point incalculable.

Ekblad is untouchable as such he is either priceless or worthless depending on your point of view because Tallon won't trade him. period

Jones. I've done this a few times. Lets use edmonton as a point of reference.

Eberle, Pittsburgh 1st (16th this year) and either a 20161st or a 2nd and 3rd this year as well.

But honestly, you'll have a MUCH better chance getting Weber out of Poilles hands than Jones.

Hahahaha.................

More like Edler+Virtanen+2015 first round+2016 first round = Dale Tallon showing a little bit of interest and then asking for Horvat to be included in the package. And then GM JB will refuse.

Honestly, this offer still may not be enough. Ekblad is a generational talent, you gotta pay a ton to get him.

Hahahaha.................

More like Edler+Virtanen+2015 first round+2016 first round = Dale Tallon showing a little bit of interest and then asking for Horvat to be included in the package. And then GM JB will refuse.

Honestly, this offer still may not be enough. Ekblad is a generational talent, you gotta pay a ton to get him.

Ekblad is a good d man. he has a future

But generational?

Wow

The first overall pick was a toss up between Ekblad, Reinhart, Bennet, Draisaitl and even Nylander for some. If Ekblad is a generational talent then all of these players are as well.

But Ekblad was the only Dman among the group. It will be unlikely that any Dmen within or close to Ekblad's age group will surpass him. He has the best chance of becoming the superstar defenseman among the players close to his age.

But Ekblad was the only Dman among the group. It will be unlikely that any Dmen within or close to Ekblad's age group will surpass him. He has the best chance of becoming the superstar defenseman among the players close to his age.

We haven't seen any of the other d men. you're also refusing to factor in just how sheltered Ekblad really was.

The last truly generational D man was Lidstrom/Pronger/Neidermeyer,

Currently Keith is as close as that gets. Maybe Chara for 2 years, Weber might not trend downwards and Doughty is kind of a puff.

Think Ekblad is REALLY going to hold a candle to them?

Like, what do you think is a reasonable price for Ekblad ? Is it something like R1+Horvat + Tanev ?

This is much closer, honestly.

This is much closer, honestly.

Ekblad is an elite young talent. If Tallon was willing to move him, there would be a bidding war.

The question would be who was willing to overpay the most. I think a #1, Tanev and Horvat might have a chance, but there's the chance someone would offer something Tallon rated higher.

There's also the chance that Tallon simply refuses to consider any offers for him at all.

Honestly Ekblad is priceless prob, because no one really ever trades elite D prospects of his calibre. Would take something ridiculous like an already proven star or a Rick Nash trade+ type return that instantly makes Florida a lot better.

We haven't seen any of the other d men. you're also refusing to factor in just how sheltered Ekblad really was.

The last truly generational D man was Lidstrom/Pronger/Neidermeyer,

Currently Keith is as close as that gets. Maybe Chara for 2 years, Weber might not trend downwards and Doughty is kind of a puff.

Think Ekblad is REALLY going to hold a candle to them?

Realistically best case scenario he reaches their level. But that kind of defensemen wins you championships.

Honestly Ekblad is priceless prob, because no one really ever trades elite D prospects of his calibre. Would take something ridiculous like an already proven star or a Rick Nash trade+ type return that instantly makes Florida a lot better.

Realistically best case scenario he reaches their level. But that kind of defensemen wins you championships.

Exactly. Ekblad could very well be that kind of defenseman. Which is why I stand by it and say he's priceless to Florida and Tallon.

The cost as such is going to be so ridiculous it isn't worth discussing

19 year old potential Norris candidate? Yeah I'd say that's generational.

Norris candidates don't have minutes more sheltered than the crown prince of Brunai

Good numbers, but far to sheltered to even be held in the same ballot as Weber, Keith, Doughty, Giordano.

Maybe in a few seasons IF he continues down that road, but starts and minutes that sheltered are not Norris worthy

19 year old potential Norris candidate? Yeah I'd say that's generational.

What would you guys define as "generational"?

Defence: Lidstrom (high generational), Seabrook (low generational)

Forward: Crosby (high), Stamkos (low)

Goalie: Price (high), Luongo (low)

Leaving Ekblad aside, Jones shouldn't be 'incalculable' to pry out, would he ? He is a young elite defense talent, yes. But this Nashville. They got defense coming out of their nostrils, they have Weber, Josi and a couple of very good young guys and are in the 'win now' window with Rinne & Weber peaking.

Would Nashville be really more pliable to trade Weber than Jones ?

To me generational = best of generation. I'd assume a generation for hockey terms is about 12-15 years, as truly generational talents tend to usually have long careers.

Imo people on CDC have seized on the words "generational talent" when they were being applied to McDavid and are misusing the term referring to lesser players, excellent but not the top of their generation.

Ekblad's generation is relatively new and he's one of the better u21 players in the league. I think he has the potential to be at least a Seabrook.

Archived