The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rogers Arena Ranked 26th in Arena Experience Rankings

Ghostsof1915

Sorry I can't get it transferred on here.

http://www.stadiumjourney.com/news/05-18-2015/1085/2015-nhl-arena-experience-rankings

The NHL, and hockey in general, continues to be one of the best games to see live. We've updated our rankings for the 2015 season, and present our list from 1-30. Our ratings take into account the concessions in the arena, the overall atmosphere, the neighborhood where the arena is located, the fans, access to the arena (including traffic, parking, and ability to move around inside), the overall return on investment, and one category for any extras or unusual amenities. We encourage you to share your experiences by rating any arenas you've seen in the NHL. For our full review of each facility, just click on the arena name. Let the debate begin...

1. Winnipeg

15. Toronto

18. Montreal

23. Calgary

26. Vancouver

27. Edmonton

29. Ottawa

I was surprised NYI weren't 30th on the list (28th) with the old arena. I'm not too surprised though that most Canadian teams are in the bottom 15 on that list, fans will go regardless. Look at the Leafs, the team has been awful for most of the last 10 years and fans still sell the place out.

I was surprised NYI weren't 30th on the list (28th) with the old arena. I'm not too surprised though that most Canadian teams are in the bottom 15 on that list, fans will go regardless. Look at the Leafs, the team has been awful for most of the last 10 years and fans still sell the place out.

I've been to two games at Air Canada Centre, and it's not the best design. On one side they have a bar that actually juts out and if you're in the nosebleeds on the one end and it cuts the sightlines to the opposite face-off dot and corner. I think that's totally stupid considering how recent the design is.

It's the hermetically sealed, don't cheer too loud atmosphere that had earned Rogers this distinction.

That and the severely overpriced food.

false false false and even more false

you can keep saying this all you want how the mean ushers are trying to keep everyone quiet but that is hardly the case

anytime i have seen an usher do that it's for a damn good reason like the loud obnoxious drunk swearing and flipping the board and spilling beer over others

My wifes only 2 hockey games were at Rogers in the last calendar year. She said the only noise she heard was the guy heckling. Otherwise it was tomb quiet.

It's the truth. Really, Rogers is a horrible place to catch a game. even during the playoffs there was a full 5 minutes of quiet on TV during the game and that cannot be attributed to only sound editing. For bang for your buck it's almost a waste of money as you can catch the games at the Lennox or something for a fraction of the price and have an awesome time in a loud fun atmosphere

Shame that Edmonton is there but only because of how old and where their building is and Ottawa because the Corral center is garbage in a terrible area of Kanata

26th...only because we're lucky.

Am I the statistical outlier who has never not had a good time at Rogers Arena?

No. I've only been to two games though and they were both in 2011 and they were decisive victories for us, but I had a riot. Got really drunk on the 8 dollar beers too and nobody gave me any static about being loud or anything. I guess times have changed though.

It's honestly hard to tell how much of their ranking is based on the arena itself and not just the fan atmosphere.

Interesting how Arizona is ranked fifth. Mind you, Gila River Arena is the only other place I've seen an NHL game at besides Rogers Arena and it was a pretty decent experience (although it helps when half the building is full of Hawks fans). The concourse had plenty of space to for people to move around, the sightlines were good even though I was in the upper bowl, and the food was dirt cheap like the tickets.

Been to fourteen games at Rogers, crowds were on and off depending on how the team was playing, but noise rarely ever originates from the section I usually sit in (107 is like a library). My only real complaint about the arena itself besides the pricing of everything is how small the concourse is.

Watched Gretzky play his last game in Toronto at the old Maple Leafs Gardens.

The building was old, all the piping was visible, washrooms sucked, don't remember the food but really enjoyed the beer.

Had a great time. I don't care for all that other crap, I want a good product on the ice and a lively crowd. If the crowd sits on there hands its a waste.

Watched Gretzky play his last game in Toronto at the old Maple Leafs Gardens.

The building was old, all the piping was visible, washrooms sucked, don't remember the food but really enjoyed the beer.

Had a great time. I don't care for all that other crap, I want a good product on the ice and a lively crowd. If the crowd sits on there hands its a waste.

BAM

And there it is. We have a crowd in Vancouver that is more concerned with their cell phones most of the times than they are the product on the ice, good or bad.

Calgary is an awesome place to catch a game, they're loud and obnoxious and it's AWESOME

The Excel Energy Center in St. Paul is a great venue. It's relatively new, excellent site lines, restaurants, bars, easy access to and within the building. The fans know their hockey, love their team and make noise a lot of about it.

But do you wanna hear the sad truth? The more drunk and obnoxious the people are, the funner it is. Spill a beer on someone then maybe they will actually get out of their seat and make some noise! This is hockey, not nap time.

We also have a team that matches that atmosphere... We don't bang and crash, we're a very non-confrontational team(Dorsett not included) there is either usually people to busy on their cell phones or the ones that watch have no idea what's going on...I find that in Vancouver alot of people like the hometown team, but know the basics and maybe a tiny bit more. It's not like other places that eat, breathe and sleep hockey as soon as the first snowfall hits in oct til until it's all gone in April.

Archived