Canucks Community

Every Point From Daniel's Art Ross Season

thejazz97

Raymond

Tambellini

Samuelsson

Burrows

Hansen

They did it with everyone and anyone on their line, makes it all the more tragic to see age catching up with them...

I know probably very few will agree with me but this may have been Daniels most dominant season.

They are part of a unique brand of European athletes that are completely at their peak regardless of being older. They aren't alcoholics like a lot of other stars such as Ovy, Perry, Benn, etc and have stayed in formidable shape.

I expect them to continue peaking until the end of their contracts.

Daniel was tied for first in the western conference this year in points (between teams who made the playoffs)

He's still elite.

The thing that strikes me about this is not how the Sedins look so amazing but how their opponents just look far worse. These days, I very rarely see the events that were the cornerstones of that video: odd man rushes, blown defensive coverage, goalies with bad lateral movement and an inability to seal against the post.

I also see the Sedins doing things that people scream at them for doing now like overpassing. Its pretty clear the Sedins haven't gotten any worse. The league has just gotten wise to their play style and refuse to over-commit and put themselves out of position.

Too bad they had to peak right after the Hawks grew wings. We were good enough to have at least 2 cups.

The one year we make it to the finals we have to play the dirtiest/biggest team in the league. Hawks got flyers before us and Kings got New Jersey after us, much better match-ups for our team.

The thing that strikes me about this is not how the Sedins look so amazing but how their opponents just look far worse. These days, I very rarely see the events that were the cornerstones of that video: odd man rushes, blown defensive coverage, goalies with bad lateral movement and an inability to seal against the post.

I also see the Sedins doing things that people scream at them for doing now like overpassing. Its pretty clear the Sedins haven't gotten any worse. The league has just gotten wise to their play style and refuse to over-commit and put themselves out of position.

It's a bit like watching the old Gretzky highlights (but not as extreme): a lot of goals that would be routine saves now.

I know probably very few will agree with me but this may have been Daniels most dominant season.

They are part of a unique brand of European athletes that are completely at their peak regardless of being older. They aren't alcoholics like a lot of other stars such as Ovy, Perry, Benn, etc and have stayed in formidable shape.

I expect them to continue peaking until the end of their contracts.

Daniel was tied for first in the western conference this year in points (between teams who made the playoffs)

He's still elite.

I agree!

Get the PP going again, and I bet we see 90-100 points out of them.

They just need the help that they used to have (Ehrhoff on the back end, Kesler in front of the net).

Archived