The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] VAN - EDM

Two really good friends in Benning and Chirelli make a good hockey deal at the draft.

To EDM:

Eddie Lack

Dan Hamhuis (near Smithers and PG / it's for the good of the team / good future in EDM (McDavid))

Zack Kassian

2016 5th round pick

To VAN:

EDM's 16th pick

EDM's 57th pick

David Musil

Jujhar Khaira

I think that Vancouver and Edmonton are perfect dance partners.

i'd want the 33rd pick since we're trading to rivals, so:

33rd = Lack

16th = Hamhuis

Wouldn't give up Kass for those two prospects tbh

Musil is going to be a gamer. He's also an NHL ready D prospect, which we need more of.

Edit: or instead of Musil and Kharia I'd do Klefbom, but I see no reason why the Oilers would want move him. Marincin is another intriguing option.

Let's not fix the Oil now... this team needs someone that they CAN beat regularly :P

Hammer would provide big minutes for their left-side defense and (alongside Ference) allow Marincin and Klefbom to develop with some sheltering. Who knows, that defense (along with those scoring forwards) could actually do quite some damage, and Lack can at least steal some games with competent defenders.

Look at that forward group: Hall, Nuge, Ebbs, McD's, Yak, Leon, along with Pouliot/ Purcell/ Kass/ Lander/ Hendricks/ Gordon. That is some blend of skill, size and physicality.

They even have potential to look decent on D with Hammer, Fayne, Klefbom, Schultz, Marincin, Ference and maybe Nurse. I'd honestly be hesitant to face them if the young guns on D all develop and gel with that forward group.

Archived