The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fallout 4

Armada

They'll be no level cap or end of game once the story is over in Fallout 4!

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fallout-4-lets-you-keep-playing-after-its-story-en/1100-6429548/

Not surprising at all, considering they stated that their biggest regret with Fallout 3 was the ending, and the intense backlash they received for it, saying it was a poorly conceived decision. As well, the first thing they did for the first DLC they released was to immediately undo said ending/death.

I would've been shocked if they said anything else, especially with all the sandbox things they keep trumping up. Though I suppose it's something you need to make sure people know, in case they were worried about the same thing happening again.

Not surprising at all, considering they stated that their biggest regret with Fallout 3 was the ending, and the intense backlash they received for it, saying it was a poorly conceived decision. As well, the first thing they did for the first DLC they released was to immediately undo said ending/death.

I would've been shocked if they said anything else, especially with all the sandbox things they keep trumping up. Though I suppose it's something you need to make sure people know, in case they were worried about the same thing happening again.

But then they did it again with New Vegas...

On a side note, here's a video from Gamescom

But then they did it again with New Vegas...

Well Bethesda didn't do it. It was more Obsidian following the template that was laid out before them. Also, New Vegas would have had a really messy end game, considering all they explain and go through with their epilogue. Fallout 3's is a lot more straight forward to re-establish afterwards. Plus you don't actually die in New Vegas, even if there isn't an endgame, lol. I would have loved to continue the games DLC in a post game mode rather than having to revert to a pre-ending save, but it is what it is.

As said, you don't have to actually wallow in the idea that your character's death is inevitable, and that changes the experience quite a bit for me.

And I have to correct myself with Broken Steel actually being their third DLC, rather than their first, but my point was they made amends as immediately as possible.

They'll be no level cap or end of game once the story is over in Fallout 4!

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/fallout-4-lets-you-keep-playing-after-its-story-en/1100-6429548/

Big fan of Fallout 3, and it's good to hear that there's no level cap for Fallout 4. However, I hope that most of the enemies will level up along with the character. In Fallout 3, after I got to around level 24, there was hardly any challenge. (With the exception of deathclaws and the super mutant overlords)

I hate how I leave and come back, then all my resources are gone. I've tried with 3 different vaults now. Building fast and slow but I still struggle.

I haven't had that problem. The game only drains resources for a little bit after you close it, otherwise it's mostly the same.

Just have to stay on top of your resource rooms, upgrading them and expanding them.

I've heard from friends how hard this game is and how they don't like it because of the difficulty, but I just don't see it. I've been fine. I've never had anyone die from any kind of attack yet either. Only when I have someone exploring have they died, and I just revived them.

I haven't had that problem. The game only drains resources for a little bit after you close it, otherwise it's mostly the same.

Just have to stay on top of your resource rooms, upgrading them and expanding them.

I've heard from friends how hard this game is and how they don't like it because of the difficulty, but I just don't see it. I've been fine. I've never had anyone die from any kind of attack yet either. Only when I have someone exploring have they died, and I just revived them.

One time near the beginning, I impregnated all the females in my vault (About 15 or so). The huge amounts of new mouths to feed sent my vault into a devastating depression, resulting in everyone becoming extremely hungry and radiated. A big chunk of them died to a radroach invasion as well, so my happiness level was back at a 4%.

Oh well, I've come back from that at this point. Managing 86% happiness with 50 dwellers.

Yeah unless I can get on to collect resources about every couple hours I come back on to find my food and water completely drained, and my dwellers with no health and highly radiated. It's a fun game, but every time I fall asleep I wake up to find my vault in critcal condition.

Yeah unless I can get on to collect resources about every couple hours I come back on to find my food and water completely drained, and my dwellers with no health and highly radiated. It's a fun game, but every time I fall asleep I wake up to find my vault in critcal condition.

Really? It shouldn't keep going down like that if you have it at a good level. It's never once gone down to depleted for me and I usually go on every 5-6 hours. I never go on it every hour or so.

One time near the beginning, I impregnated all the females in my vault (About 15 or so). The huge amounts of new mouths to feed sent my vault into a devastating depression, resulting in everyone becoming extremely hungry and radiated. A big chunk of them died to a radroach invasion as well, so my happiness level was back at a 4%.

Oh well, I've come back from that at this point. Managing 86% happiness with 50 dwellers.

Ha, I've never had that many pregnant at the same time. I have most of my dwellers in the work stations and only a couple in the living quarters at a time.

Really? It shouldn't keep going down like that if you have it at a good level. It's never once gone down to depleted for me and I usually go on every 5-6 hours. I never go on it every hour or so.

Ha, I've never had that many pregnant at the same time. I have most of my dwellers in the work stations and only a couple in the living quarters at a time.

Yea, try not to impregnate every female dweller in your vault, it's usually the sign of a soon to be depression.

Anyhow, I wonder how the DLC will work. Will there be a season pass? Or are they going to be nice and offer it all for free

I'm playing the Lonesome Road DLC for New Vegas for the first time right now (I don't know why I haven't before), but it's pretty awful. I could find something to take away from the other 3, but this one is so painfully written. The pretentious plotline and the fake ass monologues grate my nerves (that is not how people speak). Following a linear path, both in the story and in a physical sense, and just needlessly mowing through poorly thought out enemies for the game's stupid reasons/logic is not how I want to pass my time. It's like the whole DLC was approved by the people who made Mass Effect 3.

Despite otherwise loving New Vegas, I actively hate this DLC.

Archived