The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(DISCUSSION) Potential prospect controversy?

Scorvat

With the Comets making it to the Calder final, and the CHL Memerorial Cup done, we may have a little controvery upcoming. McCann has been waiting for quite a while to slot into the Utica lineup. He has seen Virtanen slot in, so i bet he is very eager to show what he can do. Now we have Cassels coming off a terrific Memorial cup run. If someone is injured which one do we slot in?

Benning mentioned Cassels may slot in. What will that do to McCann? To have a former GMs (Gillis) 3rd round choice chosen to play over him who was known as a steal taking in the 1st round by current GMJB. TBH id be pretty ticked off.

But lets say hes perfectly fine with it. The media will be all over it. And we all know what the media can stir up. Luongo who? Schneider who? Which led to Kesler who?.. you get it. So i think its best to keep the lineup the same. If someone gets injured, McCann is who id go with. Plus Cassels is apparently injured so its best to let him heel.

What do you think?

I think you need to spell check your posts

I further think that there is no controversy. Like at all. Cassels is/was pretty banged up after winning it all. McCann might slot in.

But the players that were on the ice tonight are the players that deserve to be there.

Of course now that this thread was made Gallagher or Botchford are immediately going to write a column saying just this which will degenerate into endless worthless threads on CDC.

Hopefully it makes McCann realize he's got some work to do this summer. Kids ceiling is super high, and he will get his chance next year to show what he's got in camp and in the AHL later in the year, not to mention team Canada.

If he put himself in Travis's shoes, who would he choose? The number 1 shutdown centre from the Mem Cup Champs, or a Smaller quicker offensively minded Centre?

Defense wins championships.

Competition for roster spots =/= controversy.

Be careful what you wish for fellow Canucks fans. We finally have a decent selection of young players/prospects developing on our farm team. Let's not bungle it all up by claiming the sky is falling when it's actually rising up a little bit for the first time in many years.

This will be a beautiful team in 3-5 years time. There will be trades, players won't pan out as they should. But the talent that is coming up through the farm is very exciting and we will actually look a bit like the Red Wings if we can develop a solid amount of prospects well and set them up to succeed in the NHL.

With the Comets making it to the Calder final, and the CHL Memerorial Cup done, we may have a little controvery upcoming. McCann has been waiting for quite a while to slot into the Utica lineup. He has seen Virtanen slot in, so i bet he is very eager to show what he can do. Now we have Cassels coming off a terrific Memorial cup run. If someone is injured which one do we slot in?

Benning mentioned Cassels may slot in. What will that do to McCann? To have a former GMs (Gillis) 3rd round choice chosen to play over him who was known as a steal taking in the 1st round by current GMJB. TBH id be pretty ticked off.

But lets say hes perfectly fine with it. The media will be all over it. And we all know what the media can stir up. Luongo who? Schneider who? Which led to Kesler who?.. you get it. So i think its best to keep the lineup the same. If someone gets injured, McCann is who id go with. Plus Cassels is apparently injured so its best to let him heel.

What do you think?

Who gives a tuppeany &^@# what the parasitic media in this city thinks? Give me a &^@#ing break!

Competition for roster spots =/= controversy.

Be careful what you wish for fellow Canucks fans. We finally have a decent selection of young players/prospects developing on our farm team. Let's not bungle it all up by claiming the sky is falling when it's actually rising up a little bit for the first time in many years.

Let's not have misgivings that what the unwashed masses on this online asylum say has any actual bearing on what is decided on an executive level regarding this team.

There will be a few NHLers coming up, but the bulk of calder cup guys are career AHLers.

The last calder cup finals team our affiliate had featured Grabner, Desbiens, Bolduc, Bliznak, Fistric, McIver, and the immortal Cody Hodgson. I think this one is better...

Virtanen, Shinkaruk, Grenier, Gaunce, Jensen, Corrado, Bearcheese, Clendening and Markstrom.

cassels might be injured mccann will be on team canada next yr and possibly win memmorial cup next yr as well. He has all summer to train and bulk up. Cassels will either make canucks next yr or be on utica all yr virtanen makes canucks, mccann needs to develop more in chl watch him dominate ohl next season. Im hoping we draft zacha our center depth will be set for after sedins.

zacha horvat mccann cassels gaunce is crazy good center depth make it happen benning

Let's not have misgivings that what the unwashed masses on this online asylum say has any actual bearing on what is decided on an executive level regarding this team.

I know it doesn't. Yet we all know from watching Sportsnet that the media/panels allude to comments made within these forum walls. The media will jump at anything in an attempt to raise viewership/readership vis a vis cable or newsprint.

Why give them any more negative material than they already pull out of their own butts?

There will be a few NHLers coming up, but the bulk of calder cup guys are career AHLers.

The last calder cup finals team our affiliate had featured Grabner, Desbiens, Bolduc, Bliznak, Fistric, McIver, and the immortal Cody Hodgson. I think this one is better...

Virtanen, Shinkaruk, Grenier, Gaunce, Jensen, Corrado, Bearcheese, Clendening and Markstrom.

With the seasons they have had, it will be really interesting to see what chance Grenier and Gaunce get to make the jump. I think it's safe to say they'll be the first call ups next year at the very least.

What do you think?

Put the best man in for the role. If Cassels has earned it then let him play. One of these two are maybe expendable so we can get more help on D so lets see who wins the spot. May the best man win...........Go Cassels

Hopefully it makes McCann realize he's got some work to do this summer. Kids ceiling is super high, and he will get his chance next year to show what he's got in camp and in the AHL later in the year, not to mention team Canada.

If he put himself in Travis's shoes, who would he choose? The number 1 shutdown centre from the Mem Cup Champs, or a Smaller quicker offensively minded Centre?

Defense wins championships.

Depends what role needs to be filled.

Props to JB...wasn't that long ago that we were bottom feeders when it came to prospect rankings...now we're competing for the Calder Cup...AND the big club made the playoffs with 101pts (in a supposed "retooling" year). Sometimes I feel a little spoiled being a Nucks fan...but I sure do appreciate every minute of it. Hopefully we see a Stanley in the next 3 or 4 years as well...

Archived