The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dream Car thread

MaxieMan98

When I was younger, this was my ultimate (read: unattainable without a lotto win): Vector W8 (wouldn't get white though)

280px-VectorW8.jpg

I took a Dodge Stealth for a test drive back in the 90's... that was fun, but when I caught myself doing over 60k in a school zone, in 2nd gear, I knew I wasn't ready. The car was just so smoooth, it hardly felt like you were going fast at all.

Now, the dream is a Porsche Carrera.

As soon as I graduate College and get a full time job as an electrician I'm going straight to the dealership and buying myself an F250:

superduty_slider.jpg

Probably better off buying a house first and truck second... but in this spirit of this thread, go for it.

Anyway I'd like to see Cassels and Gaunce in the lineup next year although it would probably not make a lot of sense if both did, so I look forward to the best player available at the time to get his 9 games...

When I was younger, this was my ultimate (read: unattainable without a lotto win): Vector W8 (wouldn't get white though)

280px-VectorW8.jpg

I took a Dodge Stealth for a test drive back in the 90's... that was fun, but when I caught myself doing over 60k in a school zone, in 2nd gear, I knew I wasn't ready. The car was just so smoooth, it hardly felt like you were going fast at all.

Now, the dream is a Porsche Carrera.

A long time a go I had a valet gig.

I've driven (in short stints) many sports cars... We used to take the odd car for a spin round the block....I gotta say the stealth was sick....I had the wheels spinning through the first three gears and had to let off as I ran out of room....only flaw I found was visibility over the dash.

A long time a go I had a valet gig.

I've driven (in short stints) many sports cars... We used to take the odd car for a spin round the block....I gotta say the stealth was sick....I had the wheels spinning through the first three gears and had to let off as I ran out of room....only flaw I found was visibility over the dash.

Always preferred the Mitsubishi version, the 3000 GT. This was back when Dodge and Mitsu co-developed cars but the Mitsubishi put in active aero, AWD, better suspension and a WAY nicer interior.

Anyways, I'd like a Jensen Interceptor S (basically where they rework an Interceptor to make it handle drive better than most new cars).

Jensen-Interceptor-S-by-V-Eight-2008-08E

Always loved this car, owned by a friend. 911 GT3 Cup car. Not road legal but awesome to drive.

porsche-911-gt3-cup-06.jpg

And finally, because just showing up in this got me into the Fairmont Pacific Rim too many times to count. Good thing ladies don't notice the dealer plates ;)

reworked-jaguar-etype-on-display4.jpg

As soon as I graduate College and get a full time job as an electrician I'm going straight to the dealership and buying myself an F250:

superduty_slider.jpg

Why? So you can burn through $20 in gas going to the grocery store?

Sorry, I guess I just dont get it. Big for bigs sake, overpowered, hard to park and maneuver, terrible on gas, 4x4 when most people never take it anywhere a regular car cant go. Unless your towing a 5th wheel regularly a F150 would still be overkill. Oh, and they cost a fortune.

2017 Ford GT. Aprox 250 will be sold at around $400k each.

2017-ford-gt-official-photos-and-info-ne

I don't get it just so you can burn twenty dollars in gas going to the grocery store then you cant drive in the winter or even drive it to its full potential.

superduty_slider.jpg

I would buy the F-350 if I was a ford guy...because you save on the luxury tax so you get waaaaay more truck for the same price as the 250. But if you're in the lower mainland I don't even know why you'd go beyond a half-ton. There ain't much for off roads down there and nobody needs them for work(firewood,gravol, pulling animals, hay, etc.)

or 1966-67 GTO

15914d1351142520-lets-see-them-67-gto-co

^that one's in the top 3 or 4 for me, along with a '62-'64 Continental, minus the whitewalls

lincoln-continental-06.jpg

645549_19782282_1962_Lincoln_Continental

and a '69 Camaro

674380_20344436_1969_Chevrolet_Camaro.jp

I used to have a beater one of these (Chevelle Malibu) when I was younger but it needed a ton of work so I got rid of it in favour of something practical :sadno:

647692_19825334_1966_Chevrolet_Chevelle%

Honorable mention to early 70's Challengers, Chargers, early '60s Caddies but not my old Dart.

Anyway I'd like to see Cassels and Gaunce in the lineup next year although it would probably not make a lot of sense if both did, so I look forward to the best player available at the time to get his 9 games...

Both will be pros. 9 games not applicable.

Archived