The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

are u able to let the hate for the Blackhawks go and enjoy?

Every canucks fan knows and has felt the hate for the Blackhawks for the past five or six seasons. my question is this before the finals. Can you, as a Canucks fans forget the hatred and simply enjoy what is a great team with some future hall of famers, as they make a run for their third cup in six years? my personal answer is"yes". It has a lot to do with our team going through a bit of a reset and simply not being competitive with the powerhouses of the league. Yes, chicago was for a few years our main rivals. yes we did beat them in 2011 in one of the greatest game sevens in recent history. But overall they proved to be a greater team on the ice. I can admit that. for a little while we were better but in the long run they have two stanley cups and we have none. it was fun and great while it lasted but thats over now. Given that,is that hard for you out there to be able to enjoy the likes of toews and kane/keith? I think as a hockey fan that this is great for the NHL and the league needs so called dynasty teams. Its what makes hockey more exciting knowing that your team may beat the "great" blackhawks or whoever. its what makes the game exciting and sets bars for other teams to strive for. if the canucks were serious contenders still i would not be making this post, but its clear we arent and are focusing more on youth and not our core of the past. The rivalry is simmering and i for one am actually routing for the likes of great players like Toews, kane and keith. players like that come around once every decade or so. Unless the hawks are playing the nucks, im down for them to win until we are competitive again.

I haven't hated the Blackhawks in 4 years and am cheering for them against Tampa Bay.

If Tampa won, though, I would be fine with that too.

more my question though......did u hate them before? Id like stamkos to get a cup so i wouldnt hate it if the hawks lost. but i kinda like the idea od dynasty's returning to the game

As much as I can appreciate the skill of the Hawks, and actually enjoy watching their games, I always love seeing them lose.

i can respect that and have for sure felt that over the years. the one thing ive been thinking about lately is back when i was a teen in the nineties with the likes of roenick, shanahan, yzerman and on and on , i always idolized those group of guys...until they faced the canucks. thats when i hated them. But when all is said and done....you respect those guys. pretty much what im saying with my post.

I can appreciate their hockey but I don't want them to win. Anyone who knows anything about hockey knows that Duncan keith is one of the best defencemen in the game, but I sure as hell don't like him.

But of course the rivalry has faded a bit, they are on a totally different level than we are so we canät realistically compete with them. A part from that many of the players who were hated by the Canucks fan base has left, like Byfuglien.

i never hated chicago. i don't know, maybe i'm not a bitter fan and can appreciate good, hard working hockey

yes. you r right.....but u cant really blame diehards from hating another team when they go head to head? especially when its in the stanley cup playoffs. its actually part of the game. its not being bitter when their your rivals.

To me our rivalry with the Blackhawks were just for a period of time. During the years of 2009-2011, they were our biggest rival and without a doubt I hated them. As much as I hated them, I know they have a great team and I know they have set the example of what a winning team hockey team is like. Since we haven't played against them in the playoffs for a while, the hate start to go away and began to shift. Right now I feel like we hate the LA Kings or the Boston Bruins the most. The Blackhawks had played some great hockey and won games with skills. Unlike the LA Kings and Boston Bruins which they reply on physicality by bullying their opponents with goon tactics, the Blackhawks as one of the lightest team in the league are able to defeat these so call "bigger" teams with skill. I would not mind seeing them win another cup because they may set a model for teams in the future, and the league can have more skill teams over physical teams. Personally in this Stanley Cup Final I would prefer Tampa Bay winning it over Chicago because of former Canucks like Garrison and Bowness.

To me our rivalry with the Blackhawks were just for a period of time. During the years of 2009-2011, they were our biggest rival and without a doubt I hated them. As much as I hated them, I know they have a great team and I know they have set the example of what a winning team hockey team is like. Since we haven't played against them in the playoffs for a while, the hate start to go away and began to shift. Right now I feel like we hate the LA Kings or the Boston Bruins the most. The Blackhawks had played some great hockey and won games with skills. Unlike the LA Kings and Boston Bruins which they reply on physicality by bullying their opponents with goon tactics, the Blackhawks as one of the lightest team in the league are able to defeat these so call "bigger" teams with skill. I would not mind seeing them win another cup because they may set a model for teams in the future, and the league can have more skill teams over physical teams. Personally in this Stanley Cup Final I would prefer Tampa Bay winning it over Chicago because of former Canucks like Garrison and Bowness.

agree with you 99%......i just dont care (personally) about the garrison/bowness tie

yes. you r right.....but u cant really blame diehards from hating another team when they go head to head? especially when its in the stanley cup playoffs. its actually part of the game. its not being bitter when their your rivals.

chicago hasn't been our rivals in a while. as of right now, the canucks are an irrelevant team. whether you want to believe it or not, this team just doesn't matter for storylines or fueds for that matter. as of right now, the flames are rivals, again, for eliminating us. the hawks are way too above the canucks to be considered rivals

chicago hasn't been our rivals in a while. as of right now, the canucks are an irrelevant team. whether you want to believe it or not, this team just doesn't matter for storylines or fueds for that matter. as of right now, the flames are rivals, again, for eliminating us. the hawks are way too above the canucks to be considered rivals

The Canucks are always relevant to the eastern media..they trash them every chance they get. I like a lot of players on the Hawks, Toews, Kane, Seabrook, Saad, but can't stand Keith but respect his hockey skills as he is the best d-man in the league right now. Quennville is without a doubt one of the best playoff coaches in the last decade.

Personally I'm just getting over my distaste for the Rangers after how things unfolded in '94 :P

I'd like to consider myself a reasonable fan and try to portray that on this forum (and others) and while I certainly respect the Hawks and their level of skill......I won't be able to 'like' or 'enjoy' them for quite some time I think. The Keith elbow and how our playoff series with them have went down over the years still leaves a bad taste in my mouth, it will be some time before that washes out.

So in other words...go Tampa!

I let go of my hate for walls of text and read the OP.

But I loathe the Blackhawks, and nothing is going to change that. And if you are a Canucks fan, and feel differently, please watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ75H7gS0hc

For extra impact, turn the sound off, and play Chelsea Dagger in the background.

The Blackhawks themselves? Not particularly. I don't care for them, but I don't hate them.

What I don't like is the fanbase and Duncan Keith. Not even just for what he did to Danny either. The guy is an absolute tool but no one cares because he's a Norris calibre Dmen.

Every canucks fan knows and has felt the hate for the Blackhawks for the past five or six seasons. my question is this before the finals. Can you, as a Canucks fans forget the hatred and simply enjoy what is a great team with some future hall of famers, as they make a run for their third cup in six years? my personal answer is"yes". It has a lot to do with our team going through a bit of a reset and simply not being competitive with the powerhouses of the league. Yes, chicago was for a few years our main rivals. yes we did beat them in 2011 in one of the greatest game sevens in recent history. But overall they proved to be a greater team on the ice. I can admit that. for a little while we were better but in the long run they have two stanley cups and we have none. it was fun and great while it lasted but thats over now. Given that,is that hard for you out there to be able to enjoy the likes of toews and kane/keith? I think as a hockey fan that this is great for the NHL and the league needs so called dynasty teams. Its what makes hockey more exciting knowing that your team may beat the "great" blackhawks or whoever. its what makes the game exciting and sets bars for other teams to strive for. if the canucks were serious contenders still i would not be making this post, but its clear we arent and are focusing more on youth and not our core of the past. The rivalry is simmering and i for one am actually routing for the likes of great players like Toews, kane and keith. players like that come around once every decade or so. Unless the hawks are playing the nucks, im down for them to win until we are competitive again.

Toews is amazing

Agree with what you say, but a few paragraphs or line spaces sure makes it easier for us old farts to read

Go Canucks Go

Archived