The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Consensus Feeling around CDC

Gstank29

135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think might be fairer to say that for trades, there may be as many as three or four. It is hard to argue that your list are the only ones given the needs and offers of the other teams (I can just as easily see Kassian being traded).

I can't see Kassian being traded unless we're going after Lucic. PWF's take a long time to develop and he's had some bad luck with injuries. I see him having a good off season, a good camp and hopefully him picking up where he left off last season before his injury.

I can't see Kassian being traded unless we're going after Lucic. PWF's take a long time to develop and he's had some bad luck with injuries. I see him having a good off season, a good camp and hopefully him picking up where he left off last season before his injury.

He is has value as a trade asset, in part for the same reasons you would argue to keep him (no one is going to trade for someone with no upside of course). Aside from that, and not wanting to get into the whole Kassian thing is that I find it hard to use his age as an excuse anymore. Yes, there are power forwards that have peaked later but they are exceptions and Kassian is pretty much of an age where I think what you see is what you get. Heck, I'm not even convinced he IS a power forward. But, if he does what you see, then awesome. I like him and if he can contribute to a winning Canucks, he'll be a great player to have for a lot of reasons.

players who could? anyone but the Sedins, Horvat or prospects.

Players who should? Kevin Bieksa, Hamuis, Vrbata and Higgins.

what will probably happen? They will all stay and the Canucks' will end up trading Zack Kassain (huge mistake) and Eddie Lack.

lol - in some ways my biggest fear is around who they don't trade more than who they do. They need to shake things up a lot more than they have in the last couple of years.

Miller, Bieksa, Sbisa, Vey, Matthias, Dorsett, McMillan.

Players posted above either are a waste of space or are overpaid.

Players that will actually get moved because Trader Jim likes to get his ass kicked in trades.

Hamhuis, Lack, Vrbata, one of Higgins or Hansen.

He will also sign the useless Shawn Matthias, and draft Bittner.

This coming from Tom Sestito???

This coming from Tom Sestito???

I just bandwagoned Sestito for the &^@# of it. Everyone knows this. He's nothing more than an enforcer who plays spot minutes on a cheap contract. Thing is, he was always effective at it.

In a serious sense, I guarantee he would have provided more than Vey, Matthias, Dorsett, and McMillan did up front that whole series.

Matthias is worse than Raymond. Vey is not cut out for professional hockey. He does not have the energy level, and mental toughness for it. Dorsett is fine as a player, but he's overpaid and was $&!# in the playoffs - a time in which a player like him should step up. McMillan is just some weird filler that Willie probably convinced management to sign as depth.

The best coach within this organization, Travis Green, was an avid supporter of Tom Sestito.

The Sedins were their best from 2009-2011, it's not even debatable lol

I'd argue you could include 2012 as well (at least up to the point of Duncan Keith's infamous elbow).

Coincidentally, the team around them was pretty good too during those years ;)

Also didn't hurt that (until the 2011 final) there was a lot less tolerance for clutching and grabbing. It freed the twins up a LOT to play their game.

Miller, Bieksa, Sbisa, Vey, Matthias, Dorsett, McMillan.

Players posted above either are a waste of space or are overpaid.

Players that will actually get moved because Trader Jim likes to get his ass kicked in trades.

Hamhuis, Lack, Vrbata, one of Higgins or Hansen.

He will also sign the useless Shawn Matthias, and draft Bittner.

A little bitter there Tom?

Dorsett is fine as a player, but he's overpaid and was crap in the playoffs - a time in which a player like him should step up. McMillan is just some weird filler that Willie probably convinced management to sign as depth.

Dorsett was injured in our final regular season game vs Edm. Not surprising he was less effective in the playoffs vs Calgary.

McMillan was entirely a depth move and is/was of little consequence and not particularly worth any hand wringing.

We will likely be in a pretend phase for a few more years, watching more and more teams get better than us, and cross our fingers that whatever Trevor and Jim have in store pans out long-term.

Hopefully they don't adopt failed strategies to build the new core incorrectly, or lose patience with the kids and dump them all. I think there has been a lot of positive things done already, it would be a shame to waste it.

As for now, something has to be done to address the long-term needs of our defense. It would be nice to secure a franchise defenseman as Benning attempted last summer, but trading for one is very expensive. For example, Ekblad would have cost us Horvat and Virtanen. I am a firm believer that there are no shortcuts to acquiring franchise talent. You have to go through what the recent winning teams have all gone through. It's how we got the Sedins in the first place. But it is a reality that a lot here refuse to accept. Maybe they just don't recall. Whatever.

Maybe we can assemble a winner without franchise talent. Doubtful. Maybe we can get franchise talent by fluke. Odds are slim. Maybe through UFA. Like Messier and Sundin? Or via trade. Like Kessel? I think what's more realistic is that we're just going to go through the rebuilding process regardless of what we think and at the end of the day we'll have our new team. Hopefully it's a winner. I think we've already done enough of what doesn't work.

Maybe through UFA. Like Messier and Sundin? Or via trade. Like Kessel? I think what's more realistic is that we're just going to go through the rebuilding process regardless of what we think and at the end of the day we'll have our new team. Hopefully it's a winner. I think we've already done enough of what doesn't work.

If we're looking for that franchise D, rather than signing a "Messier or Sundin", I'd prefer we follow Boston's lead and sign a a "Chara".

Good drafting/development, good trades and spending big money on worthwhile UFA's is how ya do it.

If we're looking for that franchise D, rather than signing a "Messier or Sundin", I'd prefer we follow Boston's lead and sign a a "Chara".

Good drafting/development, good trades and spending big money on worthwhile UFA's is how ya do it.

I for one cannot wait until that happens. It will be kinda like how we landed Hamhuis, when the Sedins were in their prime and we could realistically win.

Next years lineup

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Baertschi-Horvat-Vrbata

Burrows-SantorelliBonino-Virtanen

Dorsett-RichardsonSantorelli-Hansen

Edler-Tanev

Hamhuis-Corrado

Sbisa-Bieksa

Lack Miller

2016-2017

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata

Baertschi-Horvat-Virtanen