The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Consensus Feeling around CDC

Gstank29

135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well you had Santorelli and Richardson as our 3rd and 4th line centers and Bonino nowhere to be found........So where is he? Must be traded right? I can read fine especially when you Type like your having a bird or something. My idea behind my response was we have 2 or 3 centers in line as well as Bonino who has a great contract so signing anyone like Santorelli or Richardson seems ummmm let me get this right.......stupid dumb ass.

What are you talking about? I haven't said that anywhere in this thread and when i did I said something like "If benning wants to make the playoffs......"

Nice name calling over the internet, A+++, would read again,

Bonino is not going anywhere for his salary so he's our 3rd line center for sure. We have centers in Utica and Gaunce is ready for 4th line duty for sure.

Meh I don't care what a players salary is, if he is too slow he is too slow... he puts up some points but is in-effective in a lot of areas of the game both defensively and offensively. But that's just my take on Bonino, maybe Anaheims too...

I just bandwagoned Sestito for the frack of it. Everyone knows this. He's nothing more than an enforcer who plays spot minutes on a cheap contract. Thing is, he was always effective at it.

In a serious sense, I guarantee he would have provided more than Vey, Matthias, Dorsett, and McMillan did up front that whole series.

Matthias is worse than Raymond. Vey is not cut out for professional hockey. He does not have the energy level, and mental toughness for it. Dorsett is fine as a player, but he's overpaid and was crap in the playoffs - a time in which a player like him should step up. McMillan is just some weird filler that Willie probably convinced management to sign as depth.

The best coach within this organization, Travis Green, was an avid supporter of Tom Sestito.

You do realize that nobody was willing to take on Sestito's "cheap contract" as he cleared waivers to go to Utica. Once there his big supporter had him as a healthy scratch and ultimately had the Canucks send him home. What does that say about his ability? Had he been on our roster he would have spent more time in the penalty box than on the ice after losing yet another fight. Complete waste of a roster spot.

Everybody you mentioned plays their role better than Sestito. I wish him luck but I believe he is done in the nhl.

You do realize that nobody was willing to take on Sestito's "cheap contract" as he cleared waivers to go to Utica. Once there his big supporter had him as a healthy scratch and ultimately had the Canucks send him home. What does that say about his ability? Had he been on our roster he would have spent more time in the penalty box than on the ice after losing yet another fight. Complete waste of a roster spot.

Everybody you mentioned plays their role better than Sestito. I wish him luck but I believe he is done in the nhl.

I honestly didn't mind sestito. He gets a lot of the can only play 5 mins and fight flack but I actually thought he could play the game better than most gave him credit for. He's not as good as a guy like Dorsett by any means but I think he's one of the better players out of who is supposed to be a pure enforcer.

When torts put the confidence in him he really wasn't that bad haha. At least gave us some entertainment in that brutal season lol. Going after Nolan on that face off was priceless.

I honestly didn't mind sestito. He gets a lot of the can only play 5 mins and fight flack but I actually thought he could play the game better than most gave him credit for. He's not as good as a guy like Dorsett by any means but I think he's one of the better players out of who is supposed to be a pure enforcer.

When torts put the confidence in him he really wasn't that bad haha. At least gave us some entertainment in that brutal season lol. Going after Nolan on that face off was priceless.

What a ringing endorsement :lol:

We will likely be in a pretend phase for a few more years, watching more and more teams get better than us, and cross our fingers that whatever Trevor and Jim have in store pans out long-term.

Hopefully they don't adopt failed strategies to build the new core incorrectly, or lose patience with the kids and dump them all. I think there has been a lot of positive things done already, it would be a shame to waste it.

As for now, something has to be done to address the long-term needs of our defense. It would be nice to secure a franchise defenseman as Benning attempted last summer, but trading for one is very expensive. For example, Ekblad would have cost us Horvat and Virtanen. I am a firm believer that there are no shortcuts to acquiring franchise talent. You have to go through what the recent winning teams have all gone through. It's how we got the Sedins in the first place. But it is a reality that a lot here refuse to accept. Maybe they just don't recall. Whatever.

Maybe we can assemble a winner without franchise talent. Doubtful. Maybe we can get franchise talent by fluke. Odds are slim. Maybe through UFA. Like Messier and Sundin? Or via trade. Like Kessel? I think what's more realistic is that we're just going to go through the rebuilding process regardless of what we think and at the end of the day we'll have our new team. Hopefully it's a winner. I think we've already done enough of what doesn't work.

There were a lot of Dmen available last summer that could have helped the Canucks...but JB decided to sign Miller for $6M and let Garrison walk without replacing him...

Believe it or not, the Canucks were and are still contenders, but those decisions (signing Miller over good defencemen) did not help the cause and if things don't change (i.e., getting two good Dmen), then the Canucks will not contend.

What really matters is what moves JB will or will not make going forward with the defence and goaltending

There were a lot of Dmen available last summer that could have helped the Canucks...but JB decided to sign Miller for $6M and let Garrison walk without replacing him...

Believe it or not, the Canucks were and are still contenders, but those decisions (signing Miller over good defencemen) did not help the cause and if things don't change (i.e., getting two good Dmen), then the Canucks will not contend.

What really matters is what moves JB will or will not make going forward with the defence and goaltending

Garrison was traded...

Still don't follow this line of thinking. Miller wasn't spectacular but you liked a tandem of Lack/Markstrom better? Markstrom clearly wasn't ready for the pressure of the NHL this year and it showed. Maybe next year. Sooooo Hiller/Lack? Arguable for cap space, sure, but not a better tandem IMO. The guy got 29 wins this year and while his numbers weren't fantastic by any stretch of the imagination neither were Lack's... Or Hiller's. So what was your plan if you had a hot tub time machine and, you know, the GM chair?

Archived