The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Sign Y. Weber

Re-sign Yannick Weber.

IMO the team is short right shooting point men. Maybe even 2 short.

Weber had 5 PPG this season. Tied for 2nd on the team. Tied with Henrik. Tied with Edler. Also tied with RHDs Franson, Byfuglien and Shea Weber.

Vrbata is the only consistent right shot on the PP. He had 12 goals. What happens if he gets injured?

Weber was also good defensively when his role was increased mid-season due to injury. And manged to log an season average of 17:00 TOI/G.

There are guys in the system Corrado, Clendening, Sanguinetti, Biega. But none have gotten a long look in the NHL on the PP.

He's a RFA. So there's no rush. But get him locked up.

Weber is alright... he's good PP guy, but in all other aspects he's too small, either he plays with 100% heart and effort or else he's losing most battles.

As for the right side...

Tanev, Bieksa, Corrado, Clendenning

Sbisa can play on the right but not his strong side.

Think Weber loses out to all 4 of them.

I'd rather spend the money on a offensive defenseman that's actually good at more than one aspect of the game in that regard.

Shed some cap and spend the money to get Mike Green. Weber should be a last resort.

Agreed. Weber was good this year, but I'd rather spend the money on a proven guy/let one of the kids get a shot.

Re-sign Yannick Weber.

IMO the team is short right shooting point men. Maybe even 2 short.

Weber had 5 PPG this season. Tied for 2nd on the team. Tied with Henrik. Tied with Edler. Also tied with RHDs Franson, Byfuglien and Shea Weber.

Vrbata is the only consistent right shot on the PP. He had 12 goals. What happens if he gets injured?

Weber was also good defensively when his role was increased mid-season due to injury. And manged to log an season average of 17:00 TOI/G.

There are guys in the system Corrado, Clendening, Sanguinetti, Biega. But none have gotten a long look in the NHL on the PP.

He's a RFA. So there's no rush. But get him locked up.

So now he is as good as Shea Weber or Henrik Sedin???? Like wtf!! Only on CDC... :picard:

I like Weber. He gets too much flak here on CDC, but hes been a very serviceable defenceman for what he is getting paid. That, and the Canucks always have injured blueliners, so having him here as depth is good insurance.

Totally agree that he gets no respect. Yeah he doesn't have the most complete game but he is a solid third pairing defenceman and he proved it this year. He is only 26 too so there still may be room for improvement.

Weber is alright... he's good PP guy, but in all other aspects he's too small, either he plays with 100% heart and effort or else he's losing most battles.

As for the right side...

Tanev, Bieksa, Corrado, Clendenning

Sbisa can play on the right but not his strong side.

Think Weber loses out to all 4 of them.

I hope you're kidding, at least last season begs to differ.

Aside from Tanev on that list I'd say Yannick ranks among the top options for our right side D-group and offensively he's outperformed the other guys last season (hoping Clendening and Juice can step up this season), while on D he's shown that he's at least not a liability (*cough*Juice*cough*Sbisa*cough) though he lacks some size.

Definitely bring him back. Hope Adam can take the 2nd pairing right-side spot and become a producer from the back end, and then have Yannick on the 3rd pairing/ on the PP to provide depth offense.

I hope you're kidding, at least last season begs to differ.

Aside from Tanev on that list I'd say Yannick ranks among the top options for our right side D-group and offensively he's outperformed the other guys last season (hoping Clendening and Juice can step up this season), while on D he's shown that he's at least not a liability (*cough*Juice*cough*Sbisa*cough) though he lacks some size.

Definitely bring him back. Hope Adam can take the 2nd pairing right-side spot and become a producer from the back end, and then have Yannick on the 3rd pairing/ on the PP to provide depth offense.

When I said all 4 of them I didn't include Sbisa in that comment (although I think he'll get better). Bieksa had a terrible year but a decent to good Bieksa is better than a Weber who is playing well.

He had a good stretch of games specifically in the latter half but his contributions in the playoffs wasn't very good. Would rather trade him out to recoup some picks.

With Corrado and Clendening requiring waivers, I'd rather see Clendening on the 3rd pairing with 2nd PP time, than Weber. Allow Corrado to spot fill for injuries. On tougher matchups, put Corrado in.

Let Weber walk, unload Bieksa (the big trouble) to any team that will take him for a mid round pick and with the extra 4-6M, sign either Franson or try hard to get Green. Either of them can play with Hamhuis under Edler-Tanev and suddenly we have a worthy top-4 again, with a bottom pairing of Sbisa-Clendening.

Archived