The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Buffalo-Vancouver, Winnipeg-Vancouver (Proposal)

Let's try a different teams to get what I want

Same Canucks

Trade #1 Hamhuis and Lack

for

Buffalo's 2015-21st OA, 2015-30th OA, and 2015-51st OA

Trade #2 Hansen and 2015-5th rounder

for

Winnipegs 2015-47th OA

Gives us 2015-21st, 2015-23rd, 2015-30th, 2015-47th, and 2015-51st

A Goal Tender will have to move this year, one way or another, and we could sign McQuaid to fill in for Hamhuis. Leaving us with enough cap space to breath. Promote from within for the remaining holes.

This will allow us to look at a bushel of defensive prospect and a few offensive forward prospect as well. As well as taking a high risk/high reward type player.

Defensive prospects: Chabot, Kylington, Juulsen, Meloche, Dunn, Zboril, Pilon and Andersson

Offensive Prospects: Sprong,

Kylington and Sprong being somewhat high risk/high reward type of picks

Personally, I would be fine with running the board with defensemen and taking the following if available.........Chobot, Zboril, Juulsen, Dunn and Anderson all that would be reachable with those picks....but maybe you have to take Kylington.......wouldn't take him high though

Hansen to WPG could make sense, good depth PK type of guy. I wouldn't mind it.

Buffalo trade is a schwack load of picks from them... they probably want to use most of them and I bet we get more from Hammer at the trade deadline (if we aren't in the playoff mix) else we keep him and resign him for hopefully a little bit cheaper.

Same Canucks

for

Seriously on the Buffalo trade? I've said here in this section a whole bunch of times why Lack wouldn't work out with the up and coming core, now you want to throw in a guy who will be almost 33 years old when the upcoming season starts?! People need to know what's going on with the teams that they want to trade players to.

Trade Hamhuis at the deadline for a good draft pick and a blue chip prospect. That's the price a good 33 year old (at that time) can potentially fetch from a playoff team who's trying to "win it now".

Sabre Fan 1

Buffalo being your team, I respect

But here are my thoughts, Buffalo has collected an amazing group of prospects, and my thoughts were that Buffalo would not want to make the same mistakes Edmonton has, where they didn't surround their young guys with proper experienced vets. Development is paramount in this game and I thought that Hamhuis and Lack gave them both.

My values is as follows

Hamhuis is easy worth 2015-21 OA + 2015-51st and although the Lack Trade is tight in value, it isn't far fetched but might need a small tweek, maybe a 2015-5th rounder from Vancouver.

If you feel Buffalo isn't ready to add vets yet, I get it, and respect your opinion

But the values are not far off

Adjusted: Hamhuis = 2015-21st OA + 2015-51st OA , Lack = 2015-30 OA + 2015-173 OA But I am willing to dicker

My thinking is Hamhuis > Vrbata and he would get a mid to late 1st, so Hamhuis is worth the extra second

Maybe your Sabres are not the team to make that trade with, but it is good value, and helps both teams

Cheers

Sabre Fan 1

Buffalo being your team, I respect

But here are my thoughts, Buffalo has collected an amazing group of prospects, and my thoughts were that Buffalo would not want to make the same mistakes Edmonton has, where they didn't surround their young guys with proper experienced vets. Development is paramount in this game and I thought that Hamhuis and Lack gave them both.

My values is as follows

Hamhuis is easy worth 2015-21 OA + 2015-51st and although the Lack Trade is tight in value, it isn't far fetched but might need a small tweek, maybe a 2015-5th rounder from Vancouver.

If you feel Buffalo isn't ready to add vets yet, I get it, and respect your opinion

But the values are not far off

Adjusted: Hamhuis = 2015-21st OA + 2015-51st OA , Lack = 2015-30 OA + 2015-173 OA But I am willing to dicker

My thinking is Hamhuis > Vrbata and he would get a mid to late 1st, so Hamhuis is worth the extra second

Maybe your Sabres are not the team to make that trade with, but it is good value, and helps both teams

Cheers

You won't get value for Hamhuis at the draft vs the trade deadline when contenders are looking hard at shutdown d-men, thats when they overpay.

Hamhuis doesn't make sense for Buffalo plus he wouldn't waive to go there so it's a moot point. Lack isn't what Buffalo needs either. This is a great proposal for Vancouver but a complete miss from Buffalo's point of view

Same Canucks

for

Trade #2 Hansen and 2015-5th rounder

for

Winnipegs 2015-47th OA

A Goal Tender will have to move this year, one way or another, and we could sign McQuaid to fill in for Hamhuis. Leaving us with enough cap space to breath. Promote from within for the remaining holes.

This will allow us to look at a bushel of defensive prospect and a few offensive forward prospect as well. As well as taking a high risk/high reward type player.

Defensive prospects: Chabot, Kylington, Juulsen, Meloche, Dunn, Zboril, Pilon and Andersson

Offensive Prospects: Sprong,

Kylington and Sprong being somewhat high risk/high reward type of picks

Personally, I would be fine with running the board with defensemen and taking the following if available.........Chobot, Zboril, Juulsen, Dunn and Anderson all that would be reachable with those picks....but maybe you have to take Kylington.......wouldn't take him high though

WPG

Hamhuis

Hansen

Burrows

VAN

2015-21st

Myers

BUF

Lack

Sbisa

Vey

VAN