Crouse/Horvat/Kassian

Lowry/Santorelli/Dorsett

Edler/Tanev

Hamhuis/Franson

Sbisa/Weber

Brewer

Miller

Markstrom

Yeah, I don't think those would work. Only a late 1st for Bieksa and Lack? A late 3rd rounder and a depth guy for Hansen? A late 2nd and a 3rd for Higgins and Corrado? The 5th overall would be great, but NJ drafts 6th and why draft Crouse with it? Then why include our 23rd overall instead of the 24th overall we got from Toronto? And why does NJ want another older player in Vrbata since they aren't close to winning when they could get a better, younger piece for the 6th overall in a draft with good top end?

I did wonder who Helgeson was though, so I went and looked him up. I think he helps NJ more than us considering we already have Pedan and Tryamkin coming up on the left side. Sbisa's a fairly big guy too, so another lefty with size isn't what we need.

Winnipeg will reject that offer, as Lowry is younger and has been progressing very well. They also keep a 3rd instead of going for Vey, who is older than Lowry and did not perform as well as Lowry despite getting some top-6 and PP time.

I don't think Toronto is a destination for Lack because they already have two goalies that are similar or better than him already. I don't know if they'd want Bieksa's salary either, but a first for Bieksa is fair value.

I don't think Buffalo needs Corrado with all of their d prospects, and they'd probably prefer to draft with a 2nd rounder. Higgins is nice for a veteran presence, but he'd have to waive his NTC and Buffalo could get a similar player through free agency.

I don't think NJ will be trading youth for more older players, especially since they have one of the worst (I think it is the worst) prospect pools in the NHL due to trades and penalties.

Yeah, I don't think those would work. Only a late 1st for Bieksa and Lack? A late 3rd rounder and a depth guy for Hansen? A late 2nd and a 3rd for Higgins and Corrado? The 5th overall would be great, but NJ drafts 6th and why draft Crouse with it? Then why include our 23rd overall instead of the 24th overall we got from Toronto? And why does NJ want another older player in Vrbata since they aren't close to winning when they could get a better, younger piece for the 6th overall in a draft with good top end?

I did wonder who Helgeson was though, so I went and looked him up. I think he helps NJ more than us considering we already have Pedan and Tryamkin coming up on the left side. Sbisa's a fairly big guy too, so another lefty with size isn't what we need.

Have you not seen Lowry play? I would not consider him a depth player. 6'4, 23 points in his first nhl season..

Have you not seen Lowry play? I would not consider him a depth player. 6'4, 23 points in his first nhl season..

I have. Some NHL but also at the Young Stars tournament.

He does a number of things well and has great energy, but he's not going to be a top 6 guy so he'll be depth in your bottom 6.

I have. Some NHL but also at the Young Stars tournament.

He does a number of things well and has great energy, but he's not going to be a top 6 guy so he'll be depth in your bottom 6.

oh see, I considered a depth player someone you would slot in when someone else was injured, not a regular.

SO Hansen is a depth player? So we'd be trading a depth player for a depth player? but we'd get younger with Lowry.

Archived