$ 4,500,000 Y. Weber

$ 850,000 L. Sbisa

$ 3,600,000 K. Bieksa

$ 4,600,000 R. Miller

$ 6,000,000 R. Kenins

$ 680,000 A. Clendening

$ 742,500 R. Stanton

$ 550,000 E. Lack

$ 1,115,000 Estimated 2015 Cap: $ 71,000,000.00 23 Player Cap Used: $ 69,410,834.00 Buried / Retained Cap: + $ 800,000.00 IR / Bonus Cushion: - $ 0.00 Cap Space Available: $ 789,166.00

Hmm.. ok... it looks formatted until you actually "post" it. My bad. I'll have to look at that.

I'm not too experiences at posting "stuff" in forums. Anyone know what format to use to keep the data "formatted" ?

The above was in table format.

Looks pretty good so far OP.

The front end could use some UX smoothing out, but otherwise, things look pretty solid.

As for feature set, I was considering taking on a project specifically for Canucks players/prospects to collate their stats and organize it in such a way that it could provide all sorts of different snapshot views.

I think that if implemented properly, it could be a good asset to your site, and I'd be happy to collaborate with you further if that's something you are interested in.

Drop me a PM if you want to talk it over.

Hmm.. ok... it looks formatted until you actually "post" it. My bad. I'll have to look at that.

I'm not too experiences at posting "stuff" in forums. Anyone know what format to use to keep the data "formatted" ?

The above was in table format.

Forums typically use something called BBCode. It's a pretty universal standard so it shouldn't be too difficult to implement.

Off the top of my head, how I would implement it, would be to create a button labeled "Forum" or something under a formatting section, load the content into an array using an AJAX call and iterate over it using str_replace() wrapping the content in their relevant [bbcode][/bbcode] tags, then just pop open a modal window or something similar with the raw text encapsulated by bbcode tags for copy and paste, or provide a copy button.

ShadowGoon - thanks for the tip on BBCode - I'll look into that.

Not sure whether I want to get into a lot of statistics and whatnot - but If you have concrete ideas on what you want to do there, PM me with details. I might not get into that sort of thing at all, or may look at it after I have all of the planned GM functionality done.

Updates Coming:

I'm adding a "trade" button to each row in the trade proposal area, so that players swap sides and the player pieces change colour. I'm just having a bit of a problem with part of the JavaScript, so once I have that fixed, I'll add it to the page.

I may also add a "check" to the system when trying to sign an RFA - making sure your team has the required picks if you are offer sheeting him... and moving the picks out of your Draft Pick area if you do sign him.

ShadowGoon - thanks for the tip on BBCode - I'll look into that.

Not sure whether I want to get into a lot of statistics and whatnot - but If you have concrete ideas on what you want to do there, PM me with details. I might not get into that sort of thing at all, or may look at it after I have all of the planned GM functionality done.

Updates Coming:

I'm adding a "trade" button to each row in the trade proposal area, so that players swap sides and the player pieces change colour. I'm just having a bit of a problem with part of the JavaScript, so once I have that fixed, I'll add it to the page.

I may also add a "check" to the system when trying to sign an RFA - making sure your team has the required picks if you are offer sheeting him... and moving the picks out of your Draft Pick area if you do sign him.

I was just thinking of using the EliteProspects.com API (you can receive a free key by emailing them). Then it would just be as simple as generating the views for the content you want to display.

I'd probably cache content in the database to reduce API calls (limited to a certain number)

https://github.com/menmo/eliteprospects-api-documentation

It's the stats API used by CapGeek when it was still around.

For anyone wanting to try out the new "trade" functionality, see this test link:

I still have a Javascript issue when the page loads... and the new trade function currently doesn't work in Internet Explorer, so I'll try and get that fixed before making it the default page.

Fixed the javascript issue... Trading function now added to the main site. NHLGuru.net

Players / Draft Picks in the trade area can now be traded - swap sides and change colour - at the click of a button.

Move players into your roster or bench, and draft picks into your draft pick list.

If you don't like something you've done, trade them back to the other team again.

Testing format for copy/paste of roster.

NHLGuru.net user generated Line-Up

FORWARDS

D. Sedin ($ 7,000,000) --- H. Sedin ($ 7,000,000) --- Z. Kassian ($ 1,750,000)

S. Baertschi ($ 1,250,000) --- N. Bonino ($ 1,900,000) --- R. Vrbata ($ 5,000,000)

J. Virtanen ($ 894,166) --- B. Horvat ($ 894,167) --- J. Hansen ($ 2,500,000)

D. Dorsett ($ 2,650,000) --- C. Cassels ($ 589,166) --- A. Burrows ($ 4,500,000)

DEFENCE

A. Edler ($ 5,000,000) --- C. Tanev ($ 4,450,000)

D. Hamhuis ($ 4,500,000) --- A. Clendening ($ 950,000)

L. Sbisa ($ 3,600,000) --- F. Corrado ($ 850,000)

GOAL

R. Miller ($ 6,000,000)

Extras

L. Vey ($ 950,000) --- R. Kenins ($ 950,000) --- Y. Weber ($ 1,250,000) --- J. Markstrom ($ 1,650,000)

---------------------------------------------------

Estimated 2015 Cap: $ 71,000,000.00

23 Player Cap Used: $ 66,077,499.00

Buried / Retained Cap: + $ 800,000.00

IR / Bonus Cushion: - $ 0.00

Cap Space Available: $ 4,122,501.00

Updated "Save Roster" formatting (see my post above this one).

Disabled buttons and player pieces while the "Trade Animation" is completing.

Before, if you clicked like a mad man, the animation went all wonky ;-)

Was going to add a Buyout option, but those are calculated on both salary and cap hit, and my database doesn't have the actual player salaries.... so that is on hold, for now anyways.

Doing a preliminary attempt at Offer Sheets ... will try to add a "check" into the process whereby it would check to see if you have the required draft picks to offer sheet the player. . Currently you just sign any RFA you want - and its easy enough to remove your own team's draft picks if you want to follow the offer sheet rules.

Will also get around to adding the Player's Age in the free agent section at some point.

SillyGoose - Currently by manually updating my database whenever a new contract is announced.

In the future I hope to leave that part of it to one of the Cap/Contract sites like GeneralFanager.com or WarOnIce.com (both have contacted me already).

Hey guys. I've updated the NHLguru.net site today. Bit of a re-design on how Free Agents are shown & signed.

Signing Free Agents now also supports Offer Sheets!

Sign an RFA from another team and you can only sign him if you have the draft picks required as compensation.

Automatically removes the required Draft Picks if you have them.

You can't sign him if you don't have the picks (in which case, just trade for him 1st, then you can sign him).

Next, I'll probably try to add a "Retain Cap" option for trades....

• 4 weeks later...

Hey guys. I've updated the NHLguru.net site today. Bit of a re-design on how Free Agents are shown & signed.

Signing Free Agents now also supports Offer Sheets!

Sign an RFA from another team and you can only sign him if you have the draft picks required as compensation.

Automatically removes the required Draft Picks if you have them.

You can't sign him if you don't have the picks (in which case, just trade for him 1st, then you can sign him).

Next, I'll probably try to add a "Retain Cap" option for trades....

Kick ass job!

Did you consider just having NTC or NMC written in instead of those boxes?

Archived