The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Miller to SJ

I personally feel that Markstrom will be traded and Benning is talking him up to get the best value possible.

We are looking at a Miller/Lack combo again next year.

Markstrom may fetch a 2nd or 3rd this year. A 2nd if he is the star of the Calder cup final.

I’ll take that wager. Zero doubt in my mind that it’s either Lack or Miller. The opportunity to trade Miller will be even smaller next year as SJ likely fills up their goalie situation this summer. Leaving no California team to be dealt with, meaning Miller doesn’t waive his NTC. That means there would be a good chance Lack walks out as a UFA next summer to get a deserved number one role. Something he won’t get as long as Miller is on this team. Don’t Benning taking the chance of losing both young goalies.

Niemi will likely want more than that $4.2M salary / $5.1m cap hit and/or for longer term than they're comfortable with and it gives them a couple years to develop Bergvik/find someone else while remaining competitive with Thornton/Marleau.

Maybe what he wants is unpalatable as a longer term option and would make it hard to trade him, but I haven't heard anything to suggest that. He's had some issues the past couple years so he's not going to command top dollars but it just seems like they aren't even interested in going that route since they want that younger goalie.

Doug Wilson is looking to go younger in net, and maybe even go after Anderson

... because Garrioch would never make things up to stir the pot. The article even discusses his stellar reliability. Lehner for a 3rd is probably more intriguing. Unless ownership is putting heat on Wilson to get competitive immediately, I don't think he's gonna panic trade for a goalie.

If the Canucks want to trade-wise get the best value, Lack is the one who should be on the block. Miller's age and contract make it hard to get value for him.

If the Canucks want to trade-wise get the best value, Lack is the one who should be on the block. Miller's age and contract make it hard to get value for him.

I personally could care less about getting "value" for Miller. The "value" would be his $6m cap space and keeping the two younger, cheaper and soon to be better goalies. Anything over that would be gravy.

Given the current market, the only place I'm concerned about losing value is selling low on our two young goalies if at all avoidable.

You could make my above proposal a 3rd rounder and I'd still gladly do it any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I personally could care less about getting "value" for Miller. The "value" would be his $6m cap space and keeping the two younger, cheaper and soon to be better goalies. Anything over that would be gravy.

Given the current market, the only place I'm concerned about losing value is selling low on our two young goalies if at all avoidable.

You could make my above proposal a 3rd rounder and I'd still gladly do it any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Then that would be a lot more plausible.

Archived