The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Malkin Open To Trade

PITTSBURGH (93-7 The FAN) – In what has already been a wild offseason for the Penguins involving Mike Babcock rumors and a potential sale of the team, news has now come out that one of the team’s superstars may want out.

According to Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman, “people around the league” have heard that Evgeni Malkin is unhappy and would be open to a trade.

Friedman points out that even if these rumors are true, a trade is unlikely while the team is exploring a potential sale given that trading a superstar like Malkin could hurt the team’s value.

Malkin is coming off a 70-point season in which he played in 69 games while being held without a single point in the team’s first-round loss at the hands of the New York Rangers.

For his career, Malkin has a total of 813 points combined in the regular season and playoffs over nine seasons with a 2009 Conn Smythe Trophy and 2012 Hart Memorial Trophy under his belt.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2015/06/05/report-malkin-open-to-trade/

Incoming Malkin to canucks for Jensen higgins miller Bieksa proposals

No Asset we have could probably make this happen.

Maybe something like..

To TBL: Evgeni Malkin

To PIT: Valterri Filpulla, Jonathan Drouin, TBL 1st 2015 and Anthony Deangelo

I don't think he wants to be traded. He seems to absolutely love Pittsburgh. With that being said IF he was traded I feel like the Penguins would actually be a better team because of it. The players that they would get back would add some much needed depth to the team.

We don't have the assets to make the trade, but imagine if Edmonton landed him.

Nuge + Eberle for Malkin, use the 16th overall + 31st to acquire legit players to win now. Core of Malkin, McDavid, Hall, Yakupov and Draistal...

So much for Bergevin saying in his year end presser that elite, franchise centers don't become available very often. Habs have the assets to get Malkin, but they would be mortgaging the future and giving awful alot up for a player turning 29 and on the downside of his career. Make no mistake he's still a world class player.

Hope we stay clear of this guy/contract.

Why would you want to stay clear of one of the best centre icemen in the league? You do know that he was playing injured this playoffs? This reminds me a bit of that year that Patrick Kane was supposedly on the trading block and CDC was like we don't want him blah blah and i was um trade whatever you need to get him and he now is the best player in the league.

Archived