The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Malkin to Van City

I'm sure everyone knows now that Malkin wants out of the Pit FAST and with Vancouver as one of his probable choices, I think JB needs to jump on this opportunity to land one of the league's best.

To Vancouver

Malkin

To Pittsburgh

Vrbata, Higgins, Bieksa, McCann, 2016 2nd, 2017 3rd

I'm not sure if that will allow us much wiggle room to get under the cap but with a chance like this we definitely need to get on it. I don't want to give up McCann and I'm sure some will criticize trading him away but you gotta give to get! Thoughts, suggestions!?

Sometimes in the real world but never in hockey is this saying true.

"One mans trash is another mans treasure"

To even possibly consider this I think this would be the starting point.

Nick Bonino + Bo Horvat + 1st 2015 + Frank Corrado

I'm sure everyone knows now that Malkin wants out of the Pit FAST and with Vancouver as one of his probable choices, I think JB needs to jump on this opportunity to land one of the league's best.

To Vancouver

Malkin

To Pittsburgh

I'm not sure if that will allow us much wiggle room to get under the cap but with a chance like this we definitely need to get on it. I don't want to give up McCann and I'm sure some will criticize trading him away but you gotta give to get! Thoughts, suggestions!?

lol Here's a bunch of old guys and picks. deal?

To Vancouver

Malkin

To Pittsburgh

I think what Pittsburgh would want is Horvat, Tanev, Vrbata and 1st + a prospect.

trade Bieksa, Hansen, Kenins, AV's jacket, Fin's mask, Willie D's shaven off moustache too lol

haha No chance in hell Malkin comes to Vancity.

Think to yourself what can other teams offer, well here is one example

Oilers- Yakipov, Eberle, 1st(not mcdavid)

Washington - Bowey, Johanson, Wilson, 1ST

LOL Malkin is a elite player and we don't even have the pieces because other teams will out bid us

Anahiem - Rakell, Etem, Theodore, 1st, Ritchie

It will take a huge over payment to get a Malkin and we don't have the pieces

I think what Pittsburgh would want is Horvat, Tanev, Vrbata and 1st + a prospect.

If it's only that much, I'll take it in a heartbeat. Malkin might have a cap hit of $9.5 million, but he's worth it if we're only giving up those 5 pieces. We shed $9.5 mill from Vrbata and Tanev, so it'll work for the coming year and we can deal with next and future years as it comes since we will have big contracts ending soon (next, and next couple of years). Losing Horvat hurts a little but Malkin is only 28 and signed until 36 he's your number 1 for the next 8 years (Plus maybe a switch in scenery and becoming the face of the franchise will pump him up, not to mention he's a monster, literally given his size). Losing 1st and prospect is nothing when you get a superstar back. Not to mention you still have the Sedins on another line. I would be pumped if that's all it took to steal Malkin from the Pens.

Malkin is a superstar and would warrant something like this:

2 x top-6 forwards / top-4 defencemen + 1 A-grade prospect + 1st round pick, ideally top-15.

The Canucks don't have much, and the Penguins want defence, but how about this?

TO VAN: Malkin

TO PIT: Vbrata + Hamhuis + Virtanen + 1st (throw in a defensive prospect like Corrado if they want too).

Wow. Some of you guys are completely out to lunch. For you to give up that much for Malkin is absolutely asinine. Seriously. You're giving up WAY too much for just one player. He can't even get the Penguin's into the Stanley Cup final's along side Crosby and company. Thank God most of you aren't running this team... into the ground.

Wow. Some of you guys are completely out to lunch. For you to give up that much for Malkin is absolutely asinine. Seriously. You're giving up WAY too much for just one player. He can't even get the Penguin's into the Stanley Cup final's along side Crosby and company. Thank God most of you aren't running this team... into the ground.

It's remarkable they have been to two finals with Fleury in net and the defences they have had.

Archived