The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Texas Cop Placed on Leave After Pulling Gun on Teens at a Pool Party

Baer.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/mckinney-texas-officer-leave-after-wild-pool-party-video-surfaces-n371281

A police officer in McKinney, Texas, has been placed on administrative leave after a video surfaced showing him wrestling a bikini-clad 14-year-old girl to the ground and aggressively confronting other teens at a pool party, police said.

A senior police official identified him as Eric Casebolt. He was being interviewed Monday by an internal police investigator.

Police officers were first called to the scene about 7:15 p.m. (8:15 p.m. ET) Friday to respond to a disturbance at the Craig Ranch Community North Pool in the Dallas area. Several more calls came in reporting that juveniles at the pool were "actively fighting," police said.

McKinney Police Chief Greg Conley said officers at the scene "encountered a large crowd that refused to comply with police commands." Eventually, 12 officers converged on the party, he said. No one was injured, he said.

A video recorded by one attendee at the party showed an officer wrestling the 14-year-old girl to the ground. In another part of the video, the officer pulls his gun on a group of teenagers.

Brandon Brooks, who shot the video on his phone, said he found out about the pool party on Twitter. He was leaving the pool with his friend when he heard of a fight outside. Brooks said that the fight was over when cops arrived but that they started chasing people and throwing them on the ground.

"When I started the video was right after all the kids who got put on the ground had gotten up and ran away. The cop was chasing after all those kids just putting every black person he saw on the ground," Brooks said in an email to NBC News.

The camera wasn't rolling during the events leading up to the encounter with police.

The NAACP said it would be meeting Monday with Conley, who promised a "complete and thorough investigation."

"The excessive force on an unarmed 14-year-old girl clad only in a bikini by an officer wearing a uniform and a gun was particularly troubling," said Cornell William Brooks, president of the NAACP. "These teens appeared to be simply attending a pool party and deserved respectful treatment under the law.

"We are calling for a full investigation of the McKinney Police Department officers and that they be held accountable to the full extent of the law," Cornell Brooks said.

Casebolt, who has been on the force about 10 years, was placed on paid administrative leave. He has five days to respond, and the police chief has three days after that to issue his own response.

"Virtually, we're talking to everyone we've come in contact with, everyone who was out there or involved in this incident," said Conley, the police chief.

The girl in the bikini who was tackled by the officer was detained and released.

"Ultimately, everyone was freed. Other than the person who was arrested, everyone was released to a parent or guardian or to a responsible adult," Conley said.

"Any time you confront a large group of people, it's a very dynamic situation and tensions can rise very quickly," he added.

McKinney Mayor Brian Loughmiller said in a statement Sunday night that he was "disturbed and concerned."

"Our expectation ... is that our police department and other departments will act professionally and with appropriate restraint relative to the situation they are faced with," Loughmiller said.

Military mentality. That's how police are trained. What won't a cop point a gun at these days?

Looks like a bunch of retards who can't follow police orders, causing police to go from calm to pissed off, then while face down in the grass, "muh freedoms / #blacklivesmatter". Even funnier was when they tried to rush at the officer -- well after he told them a handful of times to get the frack across the street. Fastest way to get a bullet from a US cop is to rush him like that. Overall, a bunch of idiots, and it's the police who will be protested, despite them doing everything right here and the morons not listening to them doing everything wrong. People are stupid, lol.

As someone who spent 15 years as a police officer, I can't see what the fuss is about here.

There were many white and black youths who were hanging back and being entirely ignored and left alone.

The girl was resisting being handcuffed, two other girls came right up on the officer while he was arresting her and got shoved back. Two young men rushed at the police officer while he was in a vulnerable position with who knows what intention... were they going to kick him in the head? Punch him? Try to wrestle the girl away from him? Stab him? How does he know what they are planning. Perfectly acceptable reason to pull your weapon to ensure your and everyone else's safety.

When they backed off he didn't shoot them and instructed a couple of other officers to go arrest them.

End of story.

Can you imagine yourself after being told to back away a dozen times running at a police officer who is arresting someone? I would advise against it unless you want to risk getting shot. They don't know if you are a homicidal maniac or some jackass who just wants to run their mouth off and have to react as if you are the former.

The dead Edmonton police officer last night can attest to why.

At first I wanted to give this officer the benefit of the doubt. Than I watched the video. While the other officers were calmly dispersing the crowd rambo came in like he was storming a compound after a bunch of teens. When teens moved in to intervene after watching the brutal way he was subduing a young girl he drew a gun on them.

I have no doubt in my mind that he would have fired had they stepped closer towards him either, as his body language was beyond aggressive and quite disturbing for a "servant and protector of the people"

But what is more disturbing and telling is how the people interviewed were more appalled that african american kids were invading their neighbourhood and using their pool. It wasn't about the fights or the party. It was about how underprivileged kids of colour were coming in and polluting their quaint little community in the interviews.

The underlying racism simmers in America to this day and it is ridiculously evident.

As someone who spent 15 years as a police officer, I can't see what the fuss is about here.

There were many white and black youths who were hanging back and being entirely ignored and left alone.

The girl was resisting being handcuffed, two other girls came right up on the officer while he was arresting her and got shoved back. Two young men rushed at the police officer while he was in a vulnerable position with who knows what intention... were they going to kick him in the head? Punch him? Try to wrestle the girl away from him? Stab him? How does he know what they are planning. Perfectly acceptable reason to pull your weapon to ensure your and everyone else's safety.

When they backed off he didn't shoot them and instructed a couple of other officers to go arrest them.

End of story.

Can you imagine yourself after being told to back away a dozen times running at a police officer who is arresting someone? I would advise against it unless you want to risk getting shot. They don't know if you are a homicidal maniac or some jackass who just wants to run their mouth off and have to react as if you are the former.

I agree with you, I think he was a little rough with the girl but at the same time he was probably getting frustrated. The better question is in your 15 years did you ever pull a ninja roll like that, I bet if there was a car parked on the street he would have done the hood slide too.

End of story.

While I respect your service.

Having lived in the US and Canada I can assure you that there is far less training and psych evals done in the US. Anyone who failed the college football first string cuts is basically handed a badge

Even you have to admit that after watching the other 2 officers in the video handling the situation rather calmly and seeing this idiot running in tripping, rolling into a rambo move and then chasing everyone down he possibly could; he exacerbated a fairly calm situation.

And then to take such crazy excess on a 110 pound girl to subdue her...come on. While I agree again that advancing towards ANY officer is foolish while in the act of subduing someone, with the simmering issues of black vs police in the US right now two 120 pound boys moving in to help a friend does not warrant the drawing of an armed weapon. I have NO doubts he would have shot with a smile had they moved 1 step closer either.

In Canada there is training for non lethal use of force. Does it look like this power happy officer had the same quality of training or even bothered to consider it before pulling out a lethal firearm?

Again, I agree with what you're saying. but this cop...this cop is the poster boy for why there are issues like this in the US

At first I wanted to give this officer the benefit of the doubt. Than I watched the video. While the other officers were calmly dispersing the crowd rambo came in like he was storming a compound after a bunch of teens. When teens moved in to intervene after watching the brutal way he was subduing a young girl he drew a gun on them.

I have no doubt in my mind that he would have fired had they stepped closer towards him either, as his body language was beyond aggressive and quite disturbing for a "servant and protector of the people"

But what is more disturbing and telling is how the people interviewed were more appalled that african american kids were invading their neighbourhood and using their pool. It wasn't about the fights or the party. It was about how underprivileged kids of colour were coming in and polluting their quaint little community in the interviews.

The underlying racism simmers in America to this day and it is ridiculously evident.

Come back when you kow what you are talking about, and stick that race card somewhere. It was a PRIVATE party and a PRIVATELY OWNED POOL (as far as I know). Blacks in the US and Aboriginals in Canada always whine about racism when they themselves are just as racist as the people they are accusing often more so.

Come back when you kow what you are talking about, and stick that race card somewhere. It was a PRIVATE party and a PRIVATELY OWNED POOL (as far as I know). Blacks in the US and Aboriginals in Canada always whine about racism when they themselves are just as racist as the people they are accusing often more so.

First off bud.

I lived in the US. Secondly I am a first nations member and finally I know exactly what i am talking about because of both

This is not a "race card" pal it is an obvious issue and if you don't see it examine yourself and your statement before you come out guns blazing.

You dare sit there and say nonsense like "the race card" and demand I learn what i am talking about, well contribute to the conversation or keep your yap shut.

I watched numerous interview,s numerous videos besides these ones and I feel qualified to levy my opinion. Until you do the same or have a more enlightened view of the world besides "blacks and indians are just whining", there's the door.

Because at no time did you touch on the issue or the video. You came out with nonsense that EVERYONE knows to be true. The ownership of the pool and the party is not the issue. The behaviour of the officer IS.

Again, note if you actually watch the video how the two on site officers are handling the situation very well, all is calm people are leaving. Then BAM Rambo shows and all hell breaks loose. Then watch the interviews and the statements made by the home owners spokesperson and the locals in a "predominantly white community" (note that the story makes that statement NOT me) and then come back.

So again, until you've watched the interviews, the videos and multiple news stations coverage of this issue. Don't make such tragic statements about race and whining.

Looks like a bunch of retards who can't follow police orders, causing police to go from calm to pissed off, then while face down in the grass, "muh freedoms / #blacklivesmatter". Even funnier was when they tried to rush at the officer -- well after he told them a handful of times to get the frack across the street. Fastest way to get a bullet from a US cop is to rush him like that. Overall, a bunch of idiots, and it's the police who will be protested, despite them doing everything right here and the morons not listening to them doing everything wrong. People are stupid, lol.

This thread is like fruit trees this year, delivering early.

Man it was a Community Owned Pool with many of the African American Kids at the pool at that time were part of that community who had cards to allow them to use their Community Pool.

This is a case of racism plain and simple. I did not see one white kid being handcuffed, shoved to the ground, being told to sit and not move.

Man it was a Community Owned Pool with many of the African American Kids at the pool at that time were part of that community who had cards to allow them to use their Community Pool.

This is a case of racism plain and simple. I did not see one white kid being handcuffed, shoved to the ground, being told to sit and not move.

That's because white teen girls aren't as threatening to the hero cop type. It's obviously just them uppity black kids that're the problem. They should be grateful to be alive. It's the fastest way to catch a bullet from a cop, don't ya know! /s

End of story.

He didn't shoot them, very good point. Most definitely could have been a lot worse for everyone.

That's because white teen girls aren't as threatening to the hero cop type. It's obviously just them uppity black kids that're the problem. They should be grateful to be alive. It's the fastest way to catch a bullet from a cop, don't ya know! /s

"They should be grateful to be alive" ?!?!?! Do you even think before you post?

Yah there might have been a couple of stupid 14/15 year olds, if every stupid teenager deserved to die, I don't think any of us would be on here.

Having a badge doesn't give someone the right over life and death.

"them uppity black kids that're the problem"

I think this quote right here sums you up the best.

"They should be grateful to be alive" ?!?!?! Do you even think before you post?

Yah there might have been a couple of stupid 14/15 year olds, if every stupid teenager deserved to die, I don't think any of us would be on here.

Having a badge doesn't give someone the right over life and death.

"them uppity black kids that're the problem"

I think this quote right here sums you up the best.

Dude... did you see the /s?

End of story.

/thread

Archived