The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Texas Cop Placed on Leave After Pulling Gun on Teens at a Pool Party

Baer.

So to be clear, the girl being arrested was the victim of assault. That racist pos cop had no cause to arrest her other than her skin colour. He should of been arresting the older white racist who attacked her. But she's a black girl in affluent white neighbourhood so he arrested her.

http://mediatakeout.com/275055/the-host-of-the-pool-party-in-mckinney-texas-speaks-out-there-were-a-lot-of-misconceptions-about-what-really-happened-and-she-clears-it-all-up.html?mobile=1

http://truthvoice.com/2015/06/texas-officer-who-pointed-guns-at-unarmed-teens-accused-of-racism-in-the-past/

Clearly a commendable job by the resigned officer. Nothing wrong there. At all.

Police receive calls about a group of teenagers trespassing, fighting, drinking, and doing drugs. Police attend and find a bunch of teenagers. = reasonable grounds for an investigative detention.

Your take on what justification or reasonable grounds is entirely misrepresents reality and the law. As I also said, it isn't even a matter of reasonable grounds. Every single person there who did not disperse when initially ordered to the first time could have been arrested and charged with trespassing, obstruction of a police officer, and disorderly conduct. It is clear in the videos that they had been ordered to disperse many many times and refused to do so.

Why were some ordered to disperse and not others?

Why were some ordered to be detained and not others?

Also, if you are ordered to be detained and dispersed at the same time, what should you do?

I agree that if you are ordered by police officers to do something, you definitely should. But why were the orders issued to some teens but not other teens who were in the same area and are equally suspicious of the same criminal activities?

According to BuzzFeed News's David Mack's report on the incident, Grace Stone, a white 14-year-old, said when she and her friends responded to white adults' comments that the black pool party guests should return to "Section 8 [public housing]," the older women became violent.

The police were called, and Brandon Brooks, a white 15-year-old, took out his cellphone to record what happened next — creating a record of the event that he later posted to YouTube, along with this commentary: "So the cops just started putting everyone on the ground and in handcuffs for no reason. This kind of force is uncalled for especially on children and innocent bystanders."

"I think a bunch of white parents were angry that a bunch of black kids who don't live in the neighborhood were in the pool," he told BuzzFeed. He made it clear that he felt he was spared because of his race, saying, "Everyone who was getting put on the ground was black, Mexican, Arabic. [The cop] didn't even look at me. It was kind of like I was invisible."

"You can see in part of the video where he tells us to sit down, and he kinda like skips over me and tells all my African-American friends to go sit down," he said in a Monday interview with CW33.

http://www.vox.com/2015/6/9/8747567/mckinney-pool-party-white-teens

Why were some ordered to disperse and not others?

Why were some ordered to be detained and not others?

Also, if you are ordered to be detained and dispersed at the same time, what should you do?

I agree that if you are ordered by police officers to do something, you definitely should. But why were the orders issued to some teens but not other teens who were in the same area and are equally suspicious of the same criminal activities?

hqdefault.jpg

I think the main problem is the tackling of the 14 year old girl.

The fact that only black kids were being held looks bad, but the context is suspect since we don't know what really led up to it. The video doesn't show it.

Pulling the gun also looks bad.. but he was getting rushed, even if it was by a bunch of kids. You never know what someone is capable of, and cops see the worst of people daily.

But picking that girl out of a crowd of yapping kids and deciding to throw her to the ground and kneel on her body for 5 minutes is not acceptable. He made a mistake and he's paying for it. The fact that she's black and it was filmed shouldn't make it worse, but given the current social climate in America right now, it compounds his mistake significantly. This guy is finished.

I think the main problem is the tackling of the 14 year old girl.

The fact that only black kids were being held looks bad, but the context is suspect since we don't know what really led up to it. The video doesn't show it.

Pulling the gun also looks bad.. but he was getting rushed, even if it was by a bunch of kids. You never know what someone is capable of, and cops see the worst of people daily.

But picking that girl out of a crowd of yapping kids and deciding to throw her to the ground and kneel on her body for 5 minutes is not acceptable. He made a mistake and he's paying for it. The fact that she's black and it was filmed shouldn't make it worse, but given the current social climate in America right now, it compounds his mistake significantly. This guy is finished.

Except, as I've posted, we have multiple testimonies from kids and the adult who arranged the party. Some racist cunt didn't like black kids at her neighbourhood pool picked a fight and called the cops on them.

It's using a pool in an affluent white neighbourhood while being black and he targetted the assault victim to arrest. I think we can all guess why.

So far what I've learned:

The party was planned. Tatiana was a resident and had a key card.

More people showed up than were supposed to. The hired DJ sent out tweets that he was selling tickets to a supposedly free event. People who purchased tickets didn't all know Tatiana, so there WERE kids there from out of the neighborhood. Those were the ones jumping the fences. In my opinion, this is where everything started to go wrong.

Both residents and teens were yelling racial slurs at each other. Yet there were only a couple troublemakers on each side doing this.

There was a confrontation between a teen girl and a resident. Both say the other side started the fight.

The officer did in fact unholster his weapon. The young man in blue did not reach for the gun, he was trying to pull the cop off the girl. When the cop realized the young man was trying to physically move him, he got a knee jerk reaction to reach for his weapon. The fault here was that he chased after the young male with his gun.

The young girl the cop had pulled to the ground was involved in an earlier confrontation.

The young man holding the camera was not once confronted by officers. You can clearly see the officers almost wrangling all the teens of other races.

To me this is a party gone horribly wrong. Ever since the movie Project X came out, and this is actually true because I've heard it from other people my age, people have no respect at all for parties or the people that live next door. It's like that report of the people who rented out their home and came back to find it TRASHED. People just want the ultimate party ever since that movie, and it's stupid. I see it all over Facebook. "John Smith has invited you to "Project X 2". Its always some 14 year old white kid that somehow gets 10,000 people to join a group, and then it never happens.

Good.

He pulls out his gun out on children and rag dolls the bikini girl for no reason. At the same time the other officers with him felt absolutely no need to do any of this. He's also been reported on excessive force before. The police chief himself calls out his behavior as unprofessional. As does apologist for police misbehavior Harry Houck. And then the guy resigns.

Of course cowards will defend him. The same people who are so conditioned to being bullied because they passively accepted it all throughout their life.

Good.

He pulls out his gun out on children and rag dolls the bikini girl for no reason. At the same time the other officers with him felt absolutely no need to do any of this. He's also been reported on excessive force before. The police chief himself calls out his behavior as unprofessional. As does apologist for police misbehavior Harry Houck. And then the guy resigns.

Of course cowards will defend him. The same people who are so conditioned to being bullied because they passively accepted it all throughout their life.

Not defending him at all, but you gotta wonder why he saw the need for excessive force when his partners didn't.

Not defending him at all, but you gotta wonder why he saw the need for excessive force when his partners didn't.

Cause this guy was probably bullied in school as Torts Rant said. He joins the academy to prove himself to, well, himself. He gets this crazy mentality that everybody is hostile because througout his school years, and then in the academy, he was pushed around, felt inferior, and now that he has any authority what so every he takes every thing over the limit because that's all hes ever known.

Looks like a bunch of retards who can't follow police orders, causing police to go from calm to pissed off, then while face down in the grass, "muh freedoms / #blacklivesmatter". Even funnier was when they tried to rush at the officer -- well after he told them a handful of times to get the frack across the street. Fastest way to get a bullet from a US cop is to rush him like that. Overall, a bunch of idiots, and it's the police who will be protested, despite them doing everything right here and the morons not listening to them doing everything wrong. People are stupid, lol.

Actually the other two police officers were doing a fine job until this cop overreacted

The interesting thing is that the other officers were talking calmly to the other kids and it was reported that one of the kids handed a flashlight to one of the two police officers. Things were fine and dandy until this cop did a ninja roll :(

Trying to figure out how to word this post without it seeming like I am justifying the officer's actions, because I am not...but, as I have stated previously in this thread, there was wrong doing on both sides. And now more information has come out that the officer had responded to two emotionally devastating suicide calls prior to responding to this call...so I think it is unfair to call the officer a nut job. I think it is fair to say that he acted inappropriately and mishandled this situation very badly. There was racial profiling happening whether it was conscious or subconscious and it was caught on camera. With the climate in the US right now, any and all minor incidents will go on the internet and will be turned into a sh*t storm. Unfortunately this officer caught himself up in it with his actions. Again, wrong on all sides, but there should be empathy on all sides as well.

Trying to figure out how to word this post without it seeming like I am justifying the officer's actions, because I am not...but, as I have stated previously in this thread, there was wrong doing on both sides. And now more information has come out that the officer had responded to two emotionally devastating suicide calls prior to responding to this call...so I think it is unfair to call the officer a nut job. I think it is fair to say that he acted inappropriately and mishandled this situation very badly. There was racial profiling happening whether it was conscious or subconscious and it was caught on camera. With the climate in the US right now, any and all minor incidents will go on the internet and will be turned into a sh*t storm. Unfortunately this officer caught himself up in it with his actions. Again, wrong on all sides, but there should be empathy on all sides as well.

The cameras just didn't show all the white people causing mayhem. It's clear the cameras are racist.

The cops are just racists too taking away their freedom to do what they want. It's like Jim Crow all over again.

Archived