The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Congratulations! You The Law Biding Citizen Might Now Be A Second Class Citizen

Hugor Hill

Love it or leave it, eh?

The 1950's are calling.

948eb257022eaded6342ff8528153125.jpg

I guess you admit to being the "they" I was talking about?

Be grateful for what you have instead of whining and complaining - there are far greater problems and inequalities in the world....

Be grateful for what you have instead of whining and complaining - there are far greater problems and inequalities in the world....

The poor terrorists. I sympathize with them greatly. It's those evil cops doing their job we need to worry about. #sjwproblems

Interesting deflection.

I'm a jerk for articulating exactly how incorrect you were and why? You have that hard of a time admitting your judgement on a subject was ill formed?

By claiming I'm 'whining' and ungrateful about what we have in Canada, all the while I am defending equality under the law (ie. Protecting our freedoms and socio-cultural norms) you are simply encouraging an 'Us vs They' dichotomy. I am doing the opposite.

I don't like waking up in a country where some animals are more equal than others.

Interesting deflection.

I'm a jerk for articulating exactly how incorrect you were and why? You have that hard of a time admitting your judgement on a subject was ill formed?

By claiming I'm 'whining' and ungrateful about what we have in Canada, all the while I am defending equality under the law (ie. Protecting our freedoms and socio-cultural norms) you are simply encouraging an 'Us vs They' dichotomy. I am doing the opposite.

No. you're a Jerk for telling me "the 50's called".

You're doing an "us vs them" in this thread - that's the irony.

Other than that, I like the conversation we're having.

I didn't resort to name calling.

Telling people who just had their citizenship downgraded to try moving Afghanistan if they don't like it is divisive. People can be concerned about more than one important issue at a time.

Can you see where you were wrong?

".. and then there's Ambien."

y u so ad hominem Heretic? :lol: :lol:

Gotta stop with that them vs us stuff. Only I'm allowed to do that. Can't you just see where you're wrong?

".. and then there's Ambien."

y u so ad hominem Heretic? :lol: :lol:

Gotta stop with that them vs us stuff. Only I'm allowed to do that. Can't you just see where you're wrong?

theminister vs Ambien is a position I have all the time in the world for.

It reaffirms my views every time.

I didn't resort to name calling.

Telling people who just had their citizenship downgraded to try moving Afghanistan if they don't like it is divisive. People can be concerned about more than one important issue at a time.

Can you see where you were wrong?

Oh - so telling me the 50's are calling was a compliment?

I guess I was wrong.

I didn't tell people who just had their citizenship downgraded to try moving to Afghanistan - I replied to Standing_Tall and his comment about what can people do if they don't like the rules in this country.

The other thing you could do, is run for office - that might accomplish something....

It's truly amazing what you can achieve when you use terrorism as justification. It even works in a country with no natural enemies, though this government's been working hard to fix that.

Let a lion loose in the streets , let it kill a few people, give orders , take away freedoms. Make a public show of hunting it , let it kill some more people , give more orders , take away more freedoms.

Corner lion and kill it in very public fashion while continuing to give orders and take away freedoms.

Sound familiar ?

That I feed the hungry , forgive an insult , and love my enemy , these are great virtues. But what if I should discover that the poorest of beggars and the most impudent of all offenders....are all within me and that I stand in need of the alms of my own kindness , that I myself am the enemy that must be loved ? What then ?

C G JUNG

Oh - so telling me the 50's are calling was a compliment?

I guess I was wrong.

I didn't tell people who just had their citizenship downgraded to try moving to Afghanistan - I replied to Standing_Tall and his comment about what can people do if they don't like the rules in this country.

The other thing you could do, is run for office - that might accomplish something....

I'd say 1 other: vote independant. That's the only way a true democracy can work to correct Bills like this. In all honesty though I couldn't care less, it don't affect me.

I'd say 1 other: vote independant. That's the only way a true democracy can work to correct Bills like this. In all honesty though I couldn't care less, it don't affect me.

“In Germany they came first for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Catholics, and didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.

Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up.”

Martin Niemoller

You have taken this argument backwards, so far back and so dumbed down that you have allowed Heretic back into the conversation. Well done.

We are talking about citizens here, not landed-immigrants. There is one set of rules: our rules (not their rules), which should apply to everyone.

I could agree with that under one condition but as of right now and the way things are, I don't think you're right. I think someone who does not originate on Canadian soil has no right to stay here once they have been convicted of a major criminal offence. Like I said before, if you're innocent you have nothing to worry about.

“In Germany they came first for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Catholics, and didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.

Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up.”

Martin Niemoller

Define They.

What was the previous punishment for these crimes? What is the purpose of that clause of the bill? To save money? How many people are currently imprisoned in life sentences, or for 5+ year sentences for terrorism, spying, or treason who hold another citizenship?

I see the concern, but It does state that these people have to be convicted of some ridiculously serious crimes for this to be applicable. Stating that these parameters could be lowered in the future is a slippery slope argument...

I don't like the fact it takes people guilty of crimes in other countries but on the other hand I have no personal issue with someone guilty of high treason having their citizenship stripped. Exile seems a bit light, really.

Further, it seems to imply that people with only Canadian citizenship aren't stripped in these circumstances is Canada's participation in a 1961 UN resolution to reduce statelessness. I skimmed it, but if you have "no country" you may claim where you were born and Canada agreed to it, thus they cannot strip a Canadian born citizen without breaking the resolution.

What was the previous punishment for these crimes? What is the purpose of that clause of the bill? To save money? How many people are currently imprisoned in life sentences, or for 5+ year sentences for terrorism, spying, or treason who hold another citizenship?

I see the concern, but It does state that these people have to be convicted of some ridiculously serious crimes for this to be applicable. Stating that these parameters could be lowered in the future is a slippery slope argument...

I don't like the fact it takes people guilty of crimes in other countries but on the other hand I have no personal issue with someone guilty of high treason having their citizenship stripped. Exile seems a bit light, really.

Further, it seems to imply that people with only Canadian citizenship aren't stripped in these circumstances is Canada's participation in a 1961 UN resolution to reduce statelessness. I skimmed it, but if you have "no country" you may claim where you were born and Canada agreed to it, thus they cannot strip a Canadian born citizen without breaking the resolution.

Nicely said. You're second paragraph has me really wondering why some of the people in this thread are so scared? What are they hiding?

Dou you really fail to comprehend what I am saying ?

If you do not speak out against injustice do not be surprised or complain when it is visited upon you.

As I haven't.

But that quote makes it sound like there was 10 nazi's. Not a whole country full... That quote fails to say why so many were on board right from the beginning.

"History is written by the winner" - Napolean Bonaparte

Archived