The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrard St. Bridge Closure on Father's/Aboriginal Day

Raoul Duke

It's closed for yoga.

Funded by us taxpayers and hosted by 2 VERY large companies. One is an LNG company the other is an oil company lobbying for pipelines through BC. Both HUGE contributors to her campaign and her party. Without mentioning her buddy Chip Wilson who is soaking up a ton of free publicity

Yup. Gotta say it takes a special kind of stupid to pull this one off

The supreme irony is most people coming won't be able to get there easily as they can't cross the bridge to find parking

*edited for content

It's bad enough that LNG has plateaued in price for the past DECADE. But if we're going to sell LNG, shouldn't we at least start our own company, that way BC gets the benefit of the jobs?

No, Clark just sells us out for nickles to overseas, and outside companies. I would say pennies but those don't exist.

Funded and hosted by 2 VERY large companies.

Thats what they want you to believe. Corporations are paying $10K while overall costs are expected to be over $150K. So you and me, the taxpayers, are picking up the tab for this little stunt. IF they had done this in a reasonable place, like one of the many beautiful parks throughout the city, it wouldnt have cost practically anything. But nobody would have cared and Christy wouldnt get her picture taken doing Yoga and Lululemon, one of her campaign contributors, couldnt use it as a marketing gimmick.

It's bad enough that LNG has plateaued in price for the past DECADE. But if we're going to sell LNG, shouldn't we at least start our own company, that way BC gets the benefit of the jobs?

No, Clark just sells us out for nickles to overseas, and outside companies. I would say pennies but those don't exist.

This is why I hope that Petronas deal falls through.

Thats what they want you to believe. Corporations are paying $10K while overall costs are expected to be over $150K. So you and me, the taxpayers, are picking up the tab for this little stunt. IF they had done this in a reasonable place, like one of the many beautiful parks throughout the city, it wouldnt have cost practically anything. But nobody would have cared and Christy wouldnt get her picture taken doing Yoga and Lululemon, one of her campaign contributors, couldnt use it as a marketing gimmick.

Yes, thanks for posting this! I read about it yesterday. What a shame.

That was a mistype

I meant to make light of them being the larger corps funding her partyy/campaign.

We taxpayers are footing the bill for this...kinda pissed.

Hoping the Squamish first nations group who owns the land the bridge is on decides to host a day long party on the bridge to celebrate Aboriginal day starting nice and early. Maybe invite some of the surrounding nations as well.

This whole idea is infuriating, and her joke of a tweet is even worse.

I seriously wonder who is actually going to go at this point ...

Someone should organize a huge party right nearby and bump incredibly loud music. Very hard to concentrate on yoga in those kind of conditions. Just don't break the law and you'll be all good :D

I seriously wonder who is actually going to go at this point ...

Someone should organize a huge party right nearby and bump incredibly loud music. Very hard to concentrate on yoga in those kind of conditions. Just don't break the law and you'll be all good :D

Something will happen. No way this goes off without a disturbance or two. I get so angry even seeing that c-word's face. Ughhhh

Burrard Bridge yoga event cancelled as premier, Lululemon and YYoga all bail out:

Premier Christy Clark’s Om the Bridge yoga day event, which had been scheduled for June 21, has fallen apart.

In a tweet sent out this morning, Clark said she would not be participating in the event because it was supposed to be about peace and harmony, not politics.

“Yoga Day is a great opportunity to celebrate peace and harmony — it’s not about politics. I don’t intend to participate,” Clark tweeted out Friday morning.

Her tweet was quickly followed by several tweets from the LuluLemon Athletic’s twitter account saying the company, who was one of the event’s sponsors, had also “decided not to participate.”

“We’ve heard the feedback and have decided not to participate. We’ll honour the tradition of hog in a new way, stay tuned,” read a tweet from Lululemon account.

Soon after, YYoga, another of the event’s sponsors sent out a statement suggesting it too was pulling out of the event that was to shut down the Burrard Street Bridge for four hours.

“International Day of Yoga is about celebrating something very positive, and it has become anything but that,” the statement read. “We are working with our partners from the community to deliver something that serves them in a more meaningful way. Please stay tuned for something that will reflect the tradition of yoga, and the wishes of our community .. in a park.”

The local event, in honour of the International Day of Yoga, has been a lightning-rod for criticism, due in part to its $150,000 price tag, to be paid by B.C. taxpayers, and the fact the event fell on National Aboriginal Day.

Social media has been awash with criticism and several peaceful demonstrations were expected.

More to come…

http://www.theprovince.com/news/vancouver/Premier+Lululemon+YYoga+bail+Burrard+Bridge+yoga+event/11131790/story.html

She is so effn clueless. She can't even admit she made the slightlest mistake, this has nothing to do with yoga ffs lol. Stop wasting our money on political photo ops, we all know you probably care even less about yoga then i do.

Archived