The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrard St. Bridge Closure on Father's/Aboriginal Day

Raoul Duke

In a tweet sent out this morning, Clark said she would not be participating in the event because it was supposed to be about peace and harmony, not politics.

If that was true she wouldnt have decided to do it on a F'in bridge. She is so shameless in her actions. She will straight up lie about anything. I cant wait until she is gone.

How not to be a leader:

1. Create hugely unpopular event.
2. Criticize those opposing unpopular event (aka your constituents)
3. Back out of hugely unpopular event, citing "politics" as the reason.
4. Blame your constituents for ruining the spirit of community and reflection.
Optional Step 5: Throw temper tantrum, attempt to troll your entire province on twitter.

Christy with another retraction or apology in the last month. Can she get anything right?? Yep, Christy, politics are the reason, because you announced the thing. Plus, this was on the taxpayers dime as well. Note to Christy, why not have it in one of our beautiful parks in the City?

"Hey Yoga Haters- bet you can't wait for international Tai Chi day." wtf? Get off of twitter, nitwit!

My mother in law, who's big into women's advocacy, said that Christy Clark has set back women years during her reign as premier. Just downright embarrassing. The main theory is that she is indeed crazy.

Clark lost in her riding and snuck in on technicalities. Craziest premiership win ever.

She didn't have to "sneak in". The idiots on the other side of the house handed her the win by nominating about the only person they could find who was worse than Christy.

How sad is that?

She didn't have to "sneak in". The idiots on the other side of the house handed her the win by nominating about the only person they could find who was worse than Christy.

How sad is that?

Whats funny and sad at the same time, depending on how you look at it. All the NDP had to do to win was keep Dix from opening his mouth for a couple weeks.

As for the bridge closure, I was kinda hoping that it would go through. Pretty sure crap would have hit the fan.

^ As sad as the idea of closing down burrard st bridge for yoga :P

It's much worse than that.

Honestly, the whole bridge fiasco is little more than people looking for another reason (as if they needed one) to complain about a premier they don't like.

Was it a bad idea? Yes. Did she handle the backlash well? No. But is this specifically something that we should care about more than just a little bit? Absolutely not.

It's much worse than that.

Honestly, the whole bridge fiasco is little more than people looking for another reason (as if they needed one) to complain about a premier they don't like.

Was it a bad idea? Yes. Did she handle the backlash well? No. But is this specifically something that we should care about more than just a little bit? Absolutely not.

Or is it a symptom of the Premier spending taxpayers money for cheap publicity?

Or is it a symptom of the Premier spending taxpayers money for cheap publicity?

Yeah, and Glen Clark wasted a lot more on ferries that he was told wouldn't work.

If people want to hate Christy, fill your boots. I'm not particularly a fan either, but lets not pretend this is anywhere close to the same league as some of the things that have gone before.

people are acting like it's some egregious scandal, when it's really just a bunch of people who hated her to begin with seizing on an opportunity to complain.

I wouldn't read too deeply into my comment, the joke was just there and easy for the taking.

The bridge thing isn't a scandal but a huge waste of taxpayer money and an exposure of just how little she cares about the people who she supposedly serves

I wouldn't read too deeply into my comment, the joke was just there and easy for the taking.

The bridge thing isn't a scandal but a huge waste of taxpayer money and an exposure of just how little she cares about the people who she supposedly serves

A huge waste? How much did it cost the taxpayers?

A huge waste? How much did it cost the taxpayers?

It WOULD have cost $150,000 AKA huge waste

In the end it got cancelled so it wasn't a scandal or a waste or anything, I'm speaking in terms of if it had gone forward as planned.

And this is the leader of our province.

Just let it hit you for a minute that people already knew she was like this and still voted for the liberals over Adrian Dix.

All the NDP had to do last election was put in a decent candidate, and they bungled it.

Archived