The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

City of Glendale meeting to determine fate of NHL's Coyotes

Could be that they made money off the city? Take that away and?

In figures released to The Associated Press, the Coyotes say they have generated more than $6.6 million in direct revenue to Glendale over the past year: $2.8 million from ticket surcharges; $1.5 million from direct sales taxes; $905,000 from parking; $500,000 in rent; $420,000 from a new naming-rights agreement; $522,000 for reimbursed public safety.

I've been saying this for two years. I think it's a done deal.

They will give Arizona one more season then the relocation.

KC is a mid sized market, in a TV geographical void, that is ready for a tenant immediately.

Is there a buyer waiting in KC though? Or will the league own the team and run it in KC too?

How come? With the price of flights to Vegas, a weekend in Vegas + hockey game would be wicked.

Of course for a fan it would be a great thing, but my reasoning towards not liking the idea is towards the players in the league and the place is not a right fit where these players make Millions of dollars. It's a place to party, have fun, spend lots of money, now when you have these athletes making as much as they do you really think that's a good place for them to be living? Even when opposition teams come there to travel, what are they going to want to do? Party, spend money, is that really a good thing for the NHL? I personally just don't think it's a smart thing for the players to be around in.

So what happens now?

Lawsuit against Glendale by the ARZ ownership group, NHL will look for a suitable home in one of KC, Seattle, Hamilton, or QC (LV if the arena's ready for training camp).

No idea what happens if they lose the lawsuit and a new home.

Just move the team. It's not GG for Phoenix. They already have the Suns, Diamondbacks and cardinals. All 3 leagues much bigger then the NHL, and they don't even about the NHL anyways. the Coyotes to them is like the Vancouver Canadians to us. Just move it to Quebec City or crying out loud.

The major difference is the Vancouver Canadians is at 94% capacity and lead the NWL in attendance.

Archived