The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nick Jensen threatens to divorce in protest of gay marriage

It's all bad stuff. But would you rather have 100% of priests molesting kids? Or 2%? It's a terrible choice to make and shouldn't be happening in the church at all. But it's happening and we need to comfort the kids and get the priests help.

No one deserves sympathy imo.

It's all bad. Bad is bad. There's no worse bad or better bad. It doesn't matter if it's a priest, a teacher, or Uncle Freddy. Child molesting is a terrible thing, and I really don't think it matters who committed the horrid act - the fact is, it was already done. Now we need to forgive, move on, and comfort/get help for the people who need it.

Now, I'm sorry for answering something not directed at me, but it was kinda bugging me.

Jazz I try very hard to stay patient with you but this time your childish naivete is jerking my string.

I rather have 0 % of priests not molesting children , I would have them do what they claim and that is help people.

That figure 2% is something heretic pulled out of nowhere based on Pope Francis's 1 in 50 figure, who actually knows how many pedophilic priests there are.

From the abuse cases that have come to light here in Aus that figure would be a lot greater , also there would be so many more that went unreported.

Whether you have the cognitive ability to realise it or not it is worse when a priest molests a child compared to people in most other walks in life , just like when a cop breaks the law.

These people occupy a position of trust and authority in our communities , they are not only betraying the victim they are betraying the community they have chosen to serve, be it their congregation or the wider community.

If this was any group of people molesting young boys would you be talking about percentages and them being the same as every one else , I seriously doubt it.

Stop trying to defend the indefensible

Did I say you had sympathy for Pedo priests - no i did not i stated that your words seemed to mirror george pells sentiments , rather than Total condemnation you try to weasel out , stating it is only a small % , that was then it is different now , BLAH BLAH BS.

You should save your sympathy for someone/thing more worthy of it.

I dare say my ability to ratiocinate is better than yours heretic , does it occur to you that these maggots -pedo priests are far worse and more dangerous than pedo's from most other walks in life.

These P'sOS hold positions of trust , they preach against this behaviour , their victims are betrayed on so many more levels and so are the loved ones of the victims who trusted these maggots with their children......Do you get it now !

Stop playing the victim , you say stupid crap and I am gonna call you on it.

Really? You missed what I said completely.....c'mon man.

Oh the irony in your post is sad - you say "rather than total condemnation" to me but then say "pedo priests" are worse?

Sorry - all pedo's are in the same boat.

A boy scout leader holds a position of trust, same as a hockey coach, same as a teacher...etc...etc.

I don't say "stupid crap" - you need to let it go and stop taking it out on everyone else.

Jazz I try very hard to stay patient with you but this time your childish naivete is jerking my string.

I rather have 0 % of priests not molesting children , I would have them do what they claim and that is help people.

That figure 2% is something heretic pulled out of nowhere based on Pope Francis's 1 in 50 figure, who actually knows how many pedophilic priests there are.

From the abuse cases that have come to light here in Aus that figure would be a lot greater , also there would be so many more that went unreported.

Whether you have the cognitive ability to realise it or not it is worse when a priest molests a child compared to people in most other walks in life , just like when a cop breaks the law.

These people occupy a position of trust and authority in our communities , they are not only betraying the victim they are betraying the community they have chosen to serve, be it their congregation or the wider community.

If this was any group of people molesting young boys would you be talking about percentages and them being the same as every one else , I seriously doubt it.

No - but I wouldn't chastise the Boy Scout program nor hockey because I was on a witch hunt because of what happened to me personally or one of my loved ones. That's what you don't seem to be getting.

I'm sympathizing with the 98% of good people that you are labeling incorrectly.

Like I said, pedo's and rapists are the same to me - worthless garbage that don't deserve to live.

The law protects these bastards. I know. Just ask one of my daughters. I had to leave the court room at the hearing as I couldn't take looking at that POS's smug face when he was let free,

Edit: BTW, I pulled that 2% out of your @ss - you're the one that posted 1 in 50. So give me a break.

Really? You missed what I said completely.....c'mon man.

Oh the irony in your post is sad - you say "rather than total condemnation" to me but then say "pedo priests" are worse?

Sorry - all pedo's are in the same boat.

A boy scout leader holds a position of trust, same as a hockey coach, same as a teacher...etc...etc.

I don't say "stupid crap" - you need to let it go and stop taking it out on everyone else.

I missed nothing , your comparison of a priest to a scout leader is laughable at best . I have never heard of a scout leader molesting a child but I know it must have happened. I have heard of hundreds of priests and brothers in my country alone ,they are meant to be spiritual leaders , preaching that pedophilia is the most heinous of sins.

It's sad you are so deluded by your beliefs that you fail to comprehend that these maggots are worse , their betrayal is far greater.

You really need to look up the word irony , I totally condemn anyone who molests a child in any form , just because I know it is worse when a priest does it in no way makes my last post in any way Ironic.

And yes heretic sometimes you do say stupid crap and then you try and play the victim when people call you on what you said.

No - but I wouldn't chastise the Boy Scout program nor hockey because I was on a witch hunt because of what happened to me personally or one of my loved ones. That's what you don't seem to be getting.

I'm sympathizing with the 98% of good people that you are labeling incorrectly.

Like I said, pedo's and rapists are the same to me - worthless garbage that don't deserve to live.

The law protects these bastards. I know. Just ask one of my daughters. I had to leave the court room at the hearing as I couldn't take looking at that POS's smug face when he was let free,

Edit: BTW, I pulled that 2% out of your @ss - you're the one that posted 1 in 50. So give me a break.

There are not hundreds of boy scout leaders in many countries on this planet molesting boys. Again your comparison is ridiculous.

98 % get real dude the figure would be far greater .

Of course you do , you believe a bunch of crazy ideas and delusions constitute a belief system, this hinders your ability to think in a rational logical manner.

I take it that you are insinuating your daughter was molested , if this is the case and it's the first I have heard of it , I am really sorry to hear that heretic , no words of mine can take back what happened but I empathise with you both as a person and a parent.

Me too. If you read my post, I said it shouldn't be happening at all.

I doubt that they're all pedophiles. They probably just got tripped up in their beliefs. It happens to the best of us. Doesn't make it any better or worse, it still is terrible.

These people occupy a position of trust and authority in our communities , they are not only betraying the victim they are betraying the community they have chosen to serve, be it their [congregation/class/et cetera] or the wider community.

Everybody has to occupy a position of trust and some sort of authority in our communities for our communities to function: priests, cops, teachers, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. I'm not trying to lessen the gravity of priests molesting kids, but rather trying to show you that there has to be some sort of trust in place for this to happen in the first place in almost every situation (unless the kids are kidnapped/forced to).

If Heretic hadn't brought up that number, we wouldn't even be talking about it here.

I'm not trying to defend the indefensible, I'm trying to get you to acknowledge that wrong is wrong and it doesn't matter who it was that did it, the crime was still the same. It's a disgusting act that needs to stop happening everywhere.

Me too. If you read my post, I said it shouldn't be happening at all.

I doubt that they're all pedophiles. They probably just got tripped up in their beliefs. It happens to the best of us. Doesn't make it any better or worse, it still is terrible.

Everybody has to occupy a position of trust and some sort of authority in our communities for our communities to function: priests, cops, teachers, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. I'm not trying to lessen the gravity of priests molesting kids, but rather trying to show you that there has to be some sort of trust in place for this to happen in the first place in almost every situation (unless the kids are kidnapped/forced to).

If Heretic hadn't brought up that number, we wouldn't even be talking about it here.

I'm not trying to defend the indefensible, I'm trying to get you to acknowledge that wrong is wrong and it doesn't matter who it was that did it, the crime was still the same. It's a disgusting act that needs to stop happening everywhere.

I should have realised how futile it is using reason and logic with a religous person in a discussion pertaining to a facet of their beliefs/faith.

I should have realised how futile it is using reason and logic with a religous person in a discussion pertaining to a facet of their beliefs/faith.

I know what you're saying. But how can you say

I dare say my ability to ratiocinate is better than yours heretic , does it occur to you that these maggots-pedo priests are far worse and more dangerous than pedo's from most other walks in life.

???

Are you implying that there's a type of child molester that's far better than a priest? I'm just saying that it's all wrong, and everyone committing the crime is in the wrong. I'm sorry that I don't see eye to eye that some crimes are worse than others, btw.

???

Are you implying that there's a type of child molester that's far better than a priest? I'm just saying that it's all wrong, and everyone committing the crime is in the wrong. I'm sorry that I don't see eye to eye that some crimes are worse than others, btw.

bl9UZpT.png

CHRISTIANITY MAKES ME SO MAD

KJTS2Cv.jpg

bl9UZpT.png

CHRISTIANITY MAKES ME SO MAD

KJTS2Cv.jpg

Kids being sexually molested and all you can think about is playing the victim.

Poor Christianity... the richest and the most influential religion in the world.

Poor Christians... the richest and the most influential religious people in the world.

But but... people are making fun out of me! They make horrible memes and post them online! Poor me!!

Kids being sexually molested and all you can think about is playing the victim.

Poor Christianity... the richest and the most influential religion in the world.

Poor Christians... the richest and the most influential religious people in the world.

But but... people are making fun out of me! They make horrible memes and post them online! Poor me!!

That's a nice rant but.. how would I be a victim here? :lol:

???

Are you being deliberately obtuse ? How many times do I have to explain this ?

A priest is a leader in his community , he is meant to be the connection between your god and the people who believe in that god.

One of the things he teaches is that it is wrong to frack with kids , he has both the kids and their loved ones trust. If he honestly believes in the diety who he is meant to be the earthly representitive of then he is betraying that diety as well.

It's kinda like a policemen who breaks the law as opposed to a common criminal. Or if your partner\/wife has an affair with your closest friend rather than a total stranger , the feeling of betrayal is greater.

When a person who is trusted with the job of enforcing the law breaks it that is worse than the average citisen breaking the law, just like when a priest molests a child as opposed to a member of his congregation.

If you had a kid how would you feel if your parish priest molested him as opposed to some one you had not vested as much faith and trust in ?

No wonder these maggots have got away with their crimes , when believers such as yourself do not comprehend how heinious their crimes actually are.

You remind me of my parents when I told them priests were beating me for bringing Darwins origins of species to religion and arguing in favour of evolution. They were a bit taken aback to start with but after talking with the principal he managed to convince them that it was OK for grown men to beat a 13 year old for arguing a theory that went against their beliefs.

You are illustrating the problem most religious have , that their religious beliefs cloud their ability to think in a rational , logical manner.

You say that you tallk to your god and your god talks back to you , I suggest you have a talk to him about pedo priest's and ask him what he thinks about their betrayal of his trust.

Are you being deliberately obtuse ? How many times do I have to explain this ?

A priest is a leader in his community , he is meant to be the connection between your god and the people who believe in that god.

One of the things he teaches is that it is wrong to frack with kids , he has both the kids and their loved ones trust. If he honestly believes in the diety who he is meant to be the earthly representitive of then he is betraying that diety as well.

So are teachers. Except, teachers are meant to be the connection between knowledge and the people who believe it.

Leaders are under pressure. I'm not excusing them, but they have a greater pressure to screw up. (If you're fighting an enemy, what's a greater score to slay: a general or a private?) He teaches that it's wrong, and likely believes it too, but in those moments of weakness, he gives in. It's not right, but he's not alone.

If he honestly believes in the diety who he is meant to be the earthly representitive of then he is betraying that diety as well.

Yeah, you're right about that. Thankfully, God gives unlimited forgiveness and multiple second chances for the person to change.

It's kinda like a policemen who breaks the law as opposed to a common criminal. Or if your partner\/wife has an affair with your closest friend rather than a total stranger , the feeling of betrayal is greater.

When a person who is trusted with the job of enforcing the law breaks it that is worse than the average citisen breaking the law, just like when a priest molests a child as opposed to a member of his congregation.

I don't think it matters the level of betrayal. The law was broken and that's that. There shouldn't be preferential treatment given to average Joes.

If you had a kid how would you feel if your parish priest molested him as opposed to some one you had not vested as much faith and trust in ?

No wonder these maggots have got away with their crimes , when believers such as yourself do not comprehend how heinious their crimes actually are.

I invest faith and trust into everyone, and I am able to forgive anyone. I'm probably a bad person to ask this question to for the answer you want. Of course, I wouldn't like the situation, and yes, it is a terrible crime against God and man, but the past is the past and there would be nothing I could do except encourage the guy to seek forgiveness from God and to change before he hurts someone else.

You remind me of my parents when I told them priests were beating me for bringing Darwins origins of species to religion and arguing in favour of evolution. They were a bit taken aback to start with but after talking with the principal he managed to convince them that it was OK for grown men to beat a 13 year old for arguing a theory that went against their beliefs.

When did I ever say that it was okay for a priest to molest a child?

You are illustrating the problem most religious have , that their religious beliefs cloud their ability to think in a rational , logical manner.

You say that you tallk to your god and your god talks back to you , I suggest you have a talk to him about pedo priest's and ask him what he thinks about their betrayal of his trust.

Your so-called "logical manner" would have you give harsher treatments based on your view of their societal roles. That's not a very good way to go about it.

As for what God thinks...

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." (1 Jn 1:9)

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land." (2 Chr 7:14)

So are teachers. Except, teachers are meant to be the connection between knowledge and the people who believe it.

Leaders are under pressure. I'm not excusing them, but they have a greater pressure to screw up. (If you're fighting an enemy, what's a greater score to slay: a general or a private?) He teaches that it's wrong, and likely believes it too, but in those moments of weakness, he gives in. It's not right, but he's not alone.

Yeah, you're right about that. Thankfully, God gives unlimited forgiveness and multiple second chances for the person to change.

I don't think it matters the level of betrayal. The law was broken and that's that. There shouldn't be preferential treatment given to average Joes.

I invest faith and trust into everyone, and I am able to forgive anyone. I'm probably a bad person to ask this question to for the answer you want. Of course, I wouldn't like the situation, and yes, it is a terrible crime against God and man, but the past is the past and there would be nothing I could do except encourage the guy to seek forgiveness from God and to change before he hurts someone else.

Your so-called "logical manner" would have you give harsher treatments based on your view of their societal roles. That's not a very good way to go about it.

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." (1 Jn 1:9)

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land." (2 Chr 7:14)

I think you are deliberately trying to wind me up , either that or you are truly delusional. Since you claim that you talk to god and god talks back to you then I can only believe that you are indeed delusional.

Are you really that naive that you really do place the same amount of trust in every person on this earth?

You do realise that there are good ,bad and indifferent people. To place the same level of trust in all people is another example of your lack of ability to critically think.

People who are in a position of trust and authority who then break that trust/the law are worse and do deserve a harsher punishment than your average joe.

Anyway I have explained myself several times , I am quite aware that this is how religious people ware you down so as this song states I don't want a conversation that ends in disdain disbelief and aggravation.

I think you are deliberately trying to wind me up , either that or you are truly delusional. Since you claim that you talk to god and god talks back to you then I can only believe that you are indeed delusional.

Are you really that naive that you really do place the same amount of trust in every person on this earth?

You do realise that there are good ,bad and indifferent people. To place the same level of trust in all people is another example of your lack of ability to critically think.

People who are in a position of trust and authority who then break that trust/the law are worse and do deserve a harsher punishment than your average joe.

Anyway I have explained myself several times , I am quite aware that this is how religious people wear you down so as this song states I don't want a conversation that ends in disdain disbelief and aggravation.

Believe what you want, but I'm neither trying to wind you up nor am I delusional. If you're getting wound up, it's likely because something's stirring something up inside you, and since that isn't logical you choose another option. But it's okay, I understand.

Yes. It's called love.

Yes, I realize that there are good, bad, and indifferent people. I just love everyone and I think that everyone has the potential to become good.

No, I don't think they do. I think they're people. Are humans equals? Yes? A molestation was done? That's one crime. Someone stole something? That's two crimes. A murder happened? That's three crimes. Another molestation? Four crimes. And it goes on. It's not about the person's societal role. The scales have to even out; with that much power comes the same amount (or more) of temptation and pressure to stumble. Especially when there is now a stereotype out for Catholic priests that basically defines them as child molesters, it puts them into a box that they may not want to be in. Try looking at the situation from their view, without cynicism.

I'm not trying to wear you down man, I'm trying to show you that crime is crime.

Apparently there is a tribe in Africa that, when someone does something wrong, they view it as a cry for help. For two days, they surround the one who did the deed and tell him about every good thing he's ever done, encouraging him and building up his spirit. Maybe we should do the same.

Believe what you want, but I'm neither trying to wind you up nor am I delusional. If you're getting wound up, it's likely because something's stirring something up inside you, and since that isn't logical you choose another option. But it's okay, I understand.

Yes. It's called love.

Yes, I realize that there are good, bad, and indifferent people. I just love everyone and I think that everyone has the potential to become good.

No, I don't think they do. I think they're people. Are humans equals? Yes? A molestation was done? That's one crime. Someone stole something? That's two crimes. A murder happened? That's three crimes. Another molestation? Four crimes. And it goes on. It's not about the person's societal role. The scales have to even out; with that much power comes the same amount (or more) of temptation and pressure to stumble. Especially when there is now a stereotype out for Catholic priests that basically defines them as child molesters, it puts them into a box that they may not want to be in. Try looking at the situation from their view, without cynicism.

I'm not trying to wear you down man, I'm trying to show you that crime is crime.

Apparently there is a tribe in Africa that, when someone does something wrong, they view it as a cry for help. For two days, they surround the one who did the deed and tell him about every good thing he's ever done, encouraging him and building up his spirit. Maybe we should do the same.

Yes, but he does have a point - a priest should never do that - and if he/she did - they should be relieved of duty, not hidden or moved elsewhere.

I posted in the "why does everyone speed" thread a reply to someone who said something like "well only 2566 didn't make it home - that's pretty good" - and I said. tell that to the families/loved ones of those of that 2566. 98% of "good" priests doesn't make up for the 2% bad - it should be 100.

Yes. It's called love.

I did not say I was wound up , I asked if you were trying to wind me up , again you show a lack of ability to think critically.

I decided to ask every person I met/delt with today 2 questions did they think a policeman breaking the law or a priest molesting a child worse than you average person doing this , they ALL stated they considered it worse , even my mothers bible study group stated that is was far worse.

You are the only person who has ever stated to me that they do not consider a priest molesting a child or a cop breaking the law worse than the average joe doing the same thing.

I then asked them if they believe that a person who speaks to god and believes god speaks back to them is delusional , all of them apart from my mothers bible study group replied yes a person like that is delusional. The members of my mothers bible study group where more sympathetic , their opinions ranged from you are a confused kid to that it is possible that god spoke to you.

I certainly do not need you to tell me what constitutes a crime , do you honestly believe I am incapable of recognising criminal behaviour ?

So you realise there are bad people , do you put the same faith and trust in them as you do in your family and friends ?

Archived