The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nick Jensen threatens to divorce in protest of gay marriage

Yes, but he does have a point - a priest should never do that - and if he/she did - they should be relieved of duty, not hidden or moved elsewhere.

I posted in the "why does everyone speed" thread a reply to someone who said something like "well only 2566 didn't make it home - that's pretty good" - and I said. tell that to the families/loved ones of those of that 2566. 98% of "good" priests doesn't make up for the 2% bad - it should be 100.

This post was not directed at me but it refers to me so I will reply to it.

For starters my you have gained my respect not for agreeing with me but publicly agreeing with a person that you usually disagree with especially since I was pretty harsh with you a few posts back. The last time I did this was with taxi and that led to a crap storm.

I try to act in this way on this forum and most of the time I succeed but there is one person I have absolute contempt for and cannot look past his faults.

No one is perfect.

It blows me away that jizzy does not comprehend that a persons {who egages in criminal activity/'s} role in their community can be a determining factor in making that crime more Heinous and ergo the punishment more severe.

At his age I do not blame for jizzy this.

So you realise there are bad people , do you put the same faith and trust in them as you do in your family and friends ?

Yes. If you never trust or have faith in them, how will they ever become good?

It blows me away that jizzy does not comprehend that a persons {who egages in criminal activity/'s} role in their community can be a determining factor in making that crime more Heinous and ergo the punishment more severe.

At his age I do not blame for jizzy this.

I totally comprehend it, and I choose to ignore it. Like I said, the more influence a person has, the more pressure they feel. It's why the popular kids in school are almost always insecure, and why leaders almost always screw up in some way. Some cheat, some molest, some screw up a budget or start a war. The more influence one has, the more grace that person needs when they screw up for their mistakes.

Thanks for not blaming me for this, I guess?

Yes, but he does have a point - a priest should never do that - and if he/she did - they should be relieved of duty, not hidden or moved elsewhere.

I posted in the "why does everyone speed" thread a reply to someone who said something like "well only 2566 didn't make it home - that's pretty good" - and I said. tell that to the families/loved ones of those of that 2566. 98% of "good" priests doesn't make up for the 2% bad - it should be 100.

No, of course the priests should never do that. I also don't think that they should be relieved of duty right away. Given a break, yes. Time to recover, yes. Time to have been observed for change, yes. If they go through that, then the decide whether or not they can be reinstated to regain trust or should be relieved of position and counselled some more.

But yes. It should be 0% molestation. A wedding dress shouldn't get dirtied right before the wedding day...

I then asked them if they believe that a person who speaks to god and believes god speaks back to them is delusional , all of them apart from my mothers bible study group replied yes a person like that is delusional. The members of my mothers bible study group where more sympathetic , their opinions ranged from you are a confused kid to that it is possible that god spoke to you.

I'm surprised that answer came from a bible study group. God created us to have a relationship with him, why would he not talk to me or anyone for that matter?

No, of course the priests should never do that. I also don't think that they should be relieved of duty right away. Given a break, yes. Time to recover, yes. Time to have been observed for change, yes. If they go through that, then the decide whether or not they can be reinstated to regain trust or should be relieved of position and counselled some more.

Sorry, but couldn't disagree more.

Am I a Christian? Yes. Am I Catholic? No. However, Priests are held to a higher standard than other people in positions of authority, as they are preaching the Word of God and to be Christ-like.

To quickly weigh in on what I have read over the last few pages that "there is no pedophilia that is worse than the other". The act is truly evil no matter which way you slice it. However, and I don't want to throw stones or judge anyone, as that is not my place to do so, nor is that what Christ called for us to do, my personal opinion is that there is a special place reserved in Hell for Priests who commit pedophilia. Their calling is to be messengers of God, spreading the love of Christ. If my son/daughter was taken advantage of sexually by anyone, I'd be furious. However, if someone who claimed to be doing "God's work" was doing it, as a Christian, I would not want or expect that person to stick around in his/her position for the time being.

Do I believe that people can change and SHOULD receive help? Yes. However, that doesn't mean that they should be given the opportunity to continue on "Spreading the Word of God" when they are nothing by hypocrites.

Sorry, but someone in this position can get all the help they need. That help and counselling should be behind bars, though. Absolutely NOT continuing on as if nothing occurred. If the person (ie. Priest) were truly honorable and believed he deserved punishment AND forgiveness, he would understand that the fitting punishment would be to be relieved and punished accordingly in prison. Take the appropriate punishment.

Sorry, but couldn't disagree more.

Am I a Christian? Yes. Am I Catholic? No. However, Priests are held to a higher standard than other people in positions of authority, as they are preaching the Word of God and to be Christ-like.

To quickly weight in on what I have read over the last few pages that "there is no pedophilia that is worse than the other". The act is truly evil no matter which way you slice it. However, and I don't want to throw stones or judge anyone, as that is not my place to do so, nor is that what Christ called for us to do, my personal opinion is that there is a special place reserved in Hell for Priests who commit pedophilia. Their calling is to be messengers of God, spreading the love of Christ. If my son/daughter was taken advantage of sexually by anyone, I'd be furious. However, if someone who claimed to be doing "God's work" was doing it, as a Christian, I would not want or expect that person to stick around in his/her position for the time being.

Do I believe that people can change and SHOULD receive help? Yes. However, that doesn't mean that they should be giving the opportunity to continue on "Spreading the Word of God" when they are nothing by hypocrites.

Sorry, but someone in this position can get all the help they need. That help and counselling should be behind bars, though. Absolutely NOT continuing on as if nothing occurred. If the person (ie. Priest) were truly honorable and believed he deserved punishment AND forgiveness, he would understand that the fitting punishment would be to be relieved and punished accordingly in prison. Take the appropriate punishment.

True.

However, you'd have to include all sins and all believers with child molestation and priests as far as someone being a hypocrite goes, if we are indeed preaching the gospel. It's not exclusive to just this area. This makes all believers hypocrites, and this is why we (they) need grace and mercy and love.

I agree that counselling should take place in an isolated area, and definitely not continuing on as if nothing occurred (unless the victims are okay with it), but you don't put (most) plants in a dark room if you want them to grow. Trust needs to be slowly rebuilt up, forgiveness needs to take place, and while it can happen in a jail cell, they at least need to be have positive (non-physical) contact with someone involved in the situation.

Yes. If you never trust or have faith in them, how will they ever become good?

I totally comprehend it, and I choose to ignore it. Like I said, the more influence a person has, the more pressure they feel. It's why the popular kids in school are almost always insecure, and why leaders almost always screw up in some way. Some cheat, some molest, some screw up a budget or start a war. The more influence one has, the more grace that person needs when they screw up for their mistakes.

Thanks for not blaming me for this, I guess?

Jizzy in some ways I admire you for stating what you believe no matter what others think but some of the things you state are just plain nuts dude.

I'm not religious nor am I really atheist. As far as I'm concerned I'm living my life till the end and see what happens then.

I encourage all Christians except the fact that if a man wants to marry a man let it happen or women and women. Why care what is really the point of moaning and complaining about someone else's life? Don't want others to be happy? I honestly do not understand it. If your so sure that God exists and maybe by chance he doesn't like homosexuals then you may have more room in heaven so the complaints are childish and moot

Jizzy in some ways I admire you for stating what you believe no matter what others think but some of the things you state are just plain nuts dude.

Oh, I know how it sounds. Just, try to see things from both sides of the story without any bias, and you'll realize that these people are either broken-hearted or hard-hearted or feeling attacked by desires they don't want and they all need love just like anyone else.

Oh, I know how it sounds. Just, try to see things from both sides of the story without any bias, and you'll realize that these people are either broken-hearted or hard-hearted or feeling attacked by desires they don't want and they all need love just like anyone else.

Sorry, I know I'm late to the discussion but I have to jump in here for a second. Perhaps if it were your son or daughter, a sister, your mother or maybe your grandmother who was raped or sexually assaulted you would be far less inclined to be so magnanimous about their 'broken-heartedness', 'perverted desires' or 'need of love'. You have a very pretty set of rose-coloured glasses on and unfortunately the real world is harsh and very unkind. I've always considered myself very open-minded and understanding.... but a pedophile is a pedophile is a pedophile, incurable and is not deserving of forgiveness or kindness. The damage done to children who are sexually abused by those in position of authority is incalculable and follows them their lives through, A priest is held up to be the second highest moral authority, perceived to carry out and speak the very word of God, and therefore deserving of greater punishment, scorn, hate and revilement for having perverted that role and using their role for their own ends.

Sorry, I know I'm late to the discussion but I have to jump in here for a second. Perhaps if it was your son or daughter, a sister, your mother or maybe your grandmother who was raped or sexually assaulted you would be far less inclined to be so magnanimous about their 'broken-heartedness', 'perverted desires' or 'need of love'. You have a very pretty set of rose-coloured glasses on and unfortunately the real world is harsh and very unkind. I've always considered myself very open-minded and understanding.... but a pedophile is a pedophile is a pedophile, incurable and is not deserving of forgiveness or kindness. The damage done to children who are sexually abused by those in position of authority is incalculable and follows them their lives through, A priest is held up to be the second highest moral authority, perceived to carry out and speak the very word of God, and therefore deserve greater punishment, scorn, hate and revilement for having perverted that role and using their role for their own ends.

I know. I've been fortunate to have lived the life I've lived. I'm glad my experiences have led me to the place where I'm at now. If it was my son or daughter who was molested, I'm not saying it would be easy on me or my children, but I would have to forgive them. A child molester - please don't call them pedophiles by the way. Pedo- means the involvement of children, and -philia means the enjoyment of. The enjoyment of children essentially. I'm sure everyone likes children. And even in the arena of child molesting, I'm almost sure that a very few percent enjoy their habit without a sense of guilt and shame.

A child molester is a human being. It may be incurable for now, but so are so many other diseases on the planet. What do we do? We give them medicine, and in this case, it's love. As tough as it may be to do after something as impactful as this, they need love. I never said they deserved it, and imo, I don't think anyone does. But love drives out fear. Love drives out selfishness. Love drives out everything bad.

With the children who were molested, it's like adopting an animal who was in a rough home. It may take a bit of time and effort, but they can get better. I've seen it happen. And as tough as it may be to do, and as much as they may not want to, forgiveness is a freeing place to start. No one said it was easy, and it's certainly not what they deserve, but if the child molesters want to change and if they're ever going to change, they need release. It's hard to start a new life while you're still in a jail cell that's in your own mind.

I know. I've been fortunate to have lived the life I've lived. I'm glad my experiences have led me to the place where I'm at now. If it was my son or daughter who was molested, I'm not saying it would be easy on me or my children, but I would have to forgive them. A child molester - please don't call them pedophiles by the way. Pedo- means the involvement of children, and -philia means the enjoyment of. The enjoyment of children essentially. I'm sure everyone likes children. And even in the arena of child molesting, I'm almost sure that a very few percent enjoy their habit without a sense of guilt and shame.

A child molester is a human being. It may be incurable for now, but so are so many other diseases on the planet. What do we do? We give them medicine, and in this case, it's love. As tough as it may be to do after something as impactful as this, they need love. I never said they deserved it, and imo, I don't think anyone does. But love drives out fear. Love drives out selfishness. Love drives out everything bad.

With the children who were molested, it's like adopting an animal who was in a rough home. It may take a bit of time and effort, but they can get better. I've seen it happen. And as tough as it may be to do, and as much as they may not want to, forgiveness is a freeing place to start. No one said it was easy, and it's certainly not what they deserve, but if the child molesters want to change and if they're ever going to change, they need release. It's hard to start a new life while you're still in a jail cell that's in your own mind.

I rarely, if ever, play the age card but sometimes it is very applicable. You are very young....with limited life experience. All I can say to the post above is "Wow"...and not in a good way. You need to do a lot of research before commenting on some of the things you are referencing in your post. You have a lovely sense of innocence about you and as I said, rose-coloured glasses firmly attached to your face with Gorilla Glue. Life is going to be dealing you some very harsh lessons, I fear. Perhaps we should revisit this discussion about 15 years from now. I can guarantee you that your views on this subject will be very, very different.

I don't understand why dudes would want to marry each other? You're free boys!!' You don't have a woman making you get married.

Cause let's face it, the wedding is for the woman, I couldn't have cared less about the wedding the party was fun but otherwise it was a waste of money.

But my god I hope she never sees this post.

And again, as a Christian man myself, I have to say that there are different ways to show someone love. Just like there are ways to show your children love (ie. tough love).

If a Priest, who is a steward of Christ, disregards all teachings of the Lord and commits a crime, he should, at the very least, be thrown in jail. You know, because it's a crime.

If he truly loves the Lord and wants to seek forgiveness, then he'll have absolutely no problem taking his earthly punishment.

This is the most retarded thing I have ever seen in my life. I am in disbelief that someone this stupid is able to post on the Internet. I hope you are really high right now. Otherwise, my god have mercy on your soul.

I rarely, if ever, play the age card but sometimes it is very applicable. You are very young....with limited life experience. All I can say to the post above is "Wow"...and not in a good way. You need to do a lot of research before commenting on some of the things you are referencing in your post. You have a lovely sense of innocence about you and as I said, rose-coloured glasses firmly attached to your face with Gorilla Glue. Life is going to be dealing you some very harsh lessons, I fear. Perhaps we should revisit this discussion about 15 years from now. I can guarantee you that your views on this subject will be very, very different.

I just want the best possible outcome for all parties involved. Of course, I'd prefer for this not to happen at all.

And again, as a Christian man myself, I have to say that there are different ways to show someone love. Just like there are ways to show your children love (ie. tough love).

If a Priest, who is a steward of Christ, disregards all teachings of the Lord and commits a crime, he should, at the very least, be thrown in jail. You know, because it's a crime.

If he truly loves the Lord and wants to seek forgiveness, then he'll have absolutely no problem taking his earthly punishment.

Yep again. But he still needs help.

I just want the best possible outcome for all parties involved. Of course, I'd prefer for this not to happen at all.

Yep again. But he still needs help.

Yup and like all criminals, he can seek treatment in prison. There are prison psychiatrists.

If I murder your family, I deserve whatever earthly punishment society deems is necessary. Every other healing outside of that is up to me to seek treatment for and seek forgiveness.

Archived