The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Ehrhoff, Martin hitting FA

https://twitter.com/MAGodin/status/609068894666518528

Earlier threads were speculation, this is now confirmed. New news = new thread, I guess?

Penguins have decided to go for a full youth movement on defense, won't bring back Martin and Ehrhoff. They'd rather invest on wingers.

I could see Edmonton going after Martin. Hope Benning has a slight interest in Ehrhoff for the right price.

Investing on wingers? did they not see what a thin and injured defense did to them during the final stretch (where they almost missed the playoffs) and during the playoffs itself?

Plus, they traded away a solid defensive prospect in Despres for a nobody..

Maybe they're trying to throw an offer at Dougie Hamilton?

Despres is obviously ready for a bigger role....

....wait...

No kidding eh. What a dumbass move - and to Anaheim of all places.

Maata, Pouliot, DuMoulin, Harrington - some pretty good young D, but it'd look a hell of a lot better with Despres in that list.

Still can't believe they did that. Such a rich franchise. Stupid, rich franchise. Glad I don't like that team - they'd drive me nuts.

No kidding eh. What a dumbass move - and to Anaheim of all places.

Maata, Pouliot, DuMoulin, Harrington - some pretty good young D, but it'd look a hell of a lot better with Despres in that list.

Still can't believe they did that. Such a rich franchise. Stupid, rich franchise. Glad I don't like that team - they'd drive me nuts.

They also had Joe Morrow (traded for Brendan Morrow), Philip Samuelsson, Robert Bortuzzo, and Jake Muzzin over that time.

That's a full and balanced future blueline corps, 1D through 8D, that all they have to show for the return is Ian Cole and Ben Lovejoy. Brutal.

Maatta-Pouliot

Muzzin-Morrow

Despres-Harrington

Samuelsson/Dumolin/Bortuzzo

They also had Joe Morrow (traded for Brendan Morrow), Philip Samuelsson, Robert Bortuzzo, and Jake Muzzin over that time.

That's a full and balanced future blueline corps, 1D through 8D, that all they have to show for the return is Ian Cole and Ben Lovejoy. Brutal.

Maatta-Pouliot

Muzzin-Morrow

Despres-Harrington

Samuelsson/Dumolin/Bortuzzo

but a nice recovery renting Douglas Murray for a pair of 2nds!

but a nice recovery renting Douglas Murray for a pair of 2nds!

Exactly.

People like to criticize Crosby and Malkin for only winning once but if the organization had been a top ten asset management group and built rather than test down they'd have won at least one more.

Archived