The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Ehrhoff, Martin hitting FA

Personally I would love to see Ehrhoff come back to Vancouver, but the only way that can happen is if Hamhuis/Bieksa is traded off to clear a roster space and cap space. If anything Ehrhoff most likely will not be as productive as he was back in 2010/2011 with his age and recent injuries, but if we can sign him at a fair price on a short term deal he can certainly be a solid fit again for us and I feel would make our PP a threat again.

Another guy I would love to see Vancouver try and pursue is Cody Franson who has talked about the possibility of signing here, but Benning would most likely have to overpay to win him over and probably will cost around an extra 2 mill (just a random guess) to sign Franson over Ehrhoff, but could be a long term fit.

Martin is basically an older Tanev so wouldnt mind him if he wants to sign for cheap. Would be a good Bieksa or Hamhuis replacement if JB wants to trade them.

Hamhuis is basically an older Tanev. Why would someone trade for Hamhuis when they could sign Martin for free? Hamhuis is a UFA at the end of next season.

Two pretty washed up veteran defencemen, but they'd be good 5th/6th guys on most Cup contenders, or top-4 guys on a thin playoff-borderline team. They held the fort down quite well during a rash of injuries on that Pittsburgh team so may do better on a more defensive-minded team.

Hamhuis is basically an older Tanev. Why would someone trade for Hamhuis when they could sign Martin for free? Hamhuis is a UFA at the end of next season.

maybe Martin wouldnt want to go to their team and Hamhuis is willing to waive to go there. Who knows.

Not that I want to trade Hamhuis but if JB finds that Hamhuis or Bieksa are to be traded then Martin would be a good replacement.

Archived