Canucks Community

[Proposal] - VAN - EDM

Me_

VAN

Yakupov

EDM

Bieksa

Lack

Edmonton gets a leader, a great locker room voice and decent defenseman who can teach those young Oilers about the game. THey also receive a starting goaltender that can hold his own in net and is ready to go full-time.

Vancouver gets another Baertschi in Yakupov; a young man who seems to have gotten lost in the organization and would perhaps require some guidance by a franchise that knows what its doing. Change of scenery.

D. SEDIN - H. SEDIN - VRBATA

BAERTSCHI - HORVAT - YAKUPOV

is exceedingly better as a second line than

HIGGINS - BONINO - BURROWS

I like the thinking behind the trade although I'm not sold on Yakupov. With that said he did seem to start to turn it around a bit late in the year. I still think it will be a cold day in Hell before Bieksa waives to play in Mall Town.

I like the thinking behind the trade although I'm not sold on Yakupov. With that said he did seem to start to turn it around a bit late in the year. I still think it will be a cold day in Hell before Bieksa waives to play in Mall Town.

I actually think I'd want to retire before that happens.

Sbisa or Hamhuis maybe...

What about switching Bieksa to Tanev and adding our 23rd and they add Draisatl? Sets our top 6 up very nicely for years to come

It would require MUCH more for us to get Yakupov and Draisaitl. Try Bieksa, Tanev, 23rd, and Lack.

...And even that might not be enough.

How About....

Bieksa, Lack, Gaunce, Hansen for 16th 2nd round pick (32), 3rd round pick

Break down

Bieksa, Lack for 16th

Gaunce for 32 ( draft Anderson/Pilon )

Hansen for 3rd

oilers are lacking bottom 6 forwards. They get Hansen who does his thing putting up 25-30 points in the bottom six. Gaunce a good young prospect shows he belongs in the NHL but as a 3rd liner checking role.

Bieksa (34) value is leadership

Lack is a tender that has proven he can carry they workload of a #1 goalie.

Draft - Yevgeni Svechnikov at 16

draft - Oliver Kylington at 23

Draft - Pilon/Anderson/Dunn @ 32

Draft Blake Spears ( McCann's teamate/linemate at times in the 3rd

How About....

Bieksa, Lack, Gaunce, Hansen for 16th 2nd round pick (32), 3rd round pick

Break down

Bieksa, Lack for 16th

Gaunce for 32 ( draft Anderson/Pilon )

Hansen for 3rd

oilers are lacking bottom 6 forwards. They get Hansen who does his thing putting up 25-30 points in the bottom six. Gaunce a good young prospect shows he belongs in the NHL but as a 3rd liner checking role.

Bieksa (34) value is leadership

Lack is a tender that has proven he can carry they workload of a #1 goalie.

Draft - Yevgeni Svechnikov at 16

draft - Oliver Kylington at 23

Draft - Pilon/Anderson/Dunn @ 32

Draft Blake Spears ( McCann's teamate/linemate at times in the 3rd

I'd rather keep gauncer

VAN

Yakupov

EDM

Bieksa

Lack

Edmonton gets a leader, a great locker room voice and decent defenseman who can teach those young Oilers about the game. THey also receive a starting goaltender that can hold his own in net and is ready to go full-time.

Vancouver gets another Baertschi in Yakupov; a young man who seems to have gotten lost in the organization and would perhaps require some guidance by a franchise that knows what its doing. Change of scenery.

HIGGINS - BONINO - BUROWS

I'd take that deal and run

It would be nice to have a complete second line.

Not sold on Yakupov, he seems a bit Kassian-esque, a bit too much of a project and far too risky.

I know Hall and Eberle are stars on that team but I'd love to go all-in for a born winner and leader like Eberle.

Lack + Bieksa + 1st round pick + 2nd round pick (acquired from say Pittsburgh for Higgins) for Eberle.

Heck I'd even do Virtanen + Lack for Eberle.

VAN

Yakupov

EDM

Bieksa

Lack

HIGGINS - BONINO - BURROWS

The deal that Vancouver will make with Edmonton is Lack for a 1st(16th overall) and a 3rd(79th overall). Good deal for both teams... Mcdavid and Lack in the first round.

The deal that Vancouver will make with Edmonton is Lack for a 1st(16th overall) and a 3rd(79th overall). Good deal for both teams... Mcdavid and Lack in the first round.

Then JB pulls the trigger on Higgins and Kassian to Beantown for 2nd(37th overall) and Krug, which then allows them to move either Bieksa or Hamhuis who they could move for a top 6 fwrd.

Then JB pulls the trigger on Higgins and Kassian to Beantown for 2nd(37th overall) and Krug, which then allows them to move either Bieksa or Hamhuis who they could move for a top 6 fwrd.

Solid realistic deal. Krug is decent, but lets see if he can hang out west, where there is a lot more size and speed. Still, he would be any upgrade over anyone besides Tanev on our team.

Archived