The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Best Thing Ever(non-trade situation, nor on-ice play)...

Nuxfanabroad

Stealing the Sedin's at #2 & 3 was pretty epic, as well as scooping Bure a full year before many teams thought he was eligible...trading up for Luongo, who actually brought elite goaltending to Van for the first time EVER...being a part of two Stanley Cup Finals & two full blown riots after losing (love it or leave it, it's a part of Canucks history)...buying out that useless killer of black bears & other defenceless animals cuz' "God gave em' to us to kill" Booth...drafting Linden (I remember the excitement at drafting such a young & talented player)...& the hiring of myself as the Canucks official "Morale Monarch" at a measly 25K a year...some of this list has yet to come to fruition, but it's all relevant.

When the camera caught Kay Whitmore eating a hot dog before the game was over and having mustard all over his face.

When the camera caught the full on flash of Ben Eager during Game 2 against the Sharks...oh so sweet to witness on live TV.

If Vancouver won in 1994 or 2011, I would have been able to die in peace and true happiness. Now I must suffer the rest of my agonizing life in misery, as my lifetime will not be long enough before I see another Canucks team that will challenge for the cup :(

That is unless Horvat and Virtanen become a version of Toews and Kane :)

The canucks winning the cup before i die is a must. I need to see atleast 1 cup come to vancouver

The canucks winning the cup before i die is a must. I need to see atleast 1 cup come to vancouver

Sorry to tell you this but it won't change anything in your life; you'll still be going to work the next day busting your butt so someone else can make more than you doing less work

Sorry to tell you this but it won't change anything in your life; you'll still be going to work the next day busting your butt so someone else can make more than you doing less work

So true.

But it would change something in my life. The Canucks would have a cup. then me, and many other die hard Canucks fans can die in peace

my brother had season tickets from year one...he loved his canucks but died in 99, never seeing a cup....

at 76, i'll probably die before we win a cup, but the journey with the players every year since 1970 has

given me great enjoyment...sure a cup would be great but so would winning a million dollars....i'll be watching and cheering on my team until i go and enjoying the efforts of everyone to try and win it all.

Best thing by far was hiring Mike gillis.

He had 0 experience as gm and president but over night he changed everything about operations and won us back to back president trophies.

Don't get me wrong... He axed my hero and sent him off to Florida but he is without a doubt the greatest thing to happen to this franchise.

He improved every aspect of the team. The guy was an actual business man on top of being a hockey expert.

If Trevor can provide the same results, then I'll say he's the best but it's early. He's doing well so far though. He's got aquaman to cash up and improve facilities.

It was gillis that made this franchise a great place for free agents to sign.

Also we talking about drafting and no mention of Burke picking up the twins?

True, but it would make going to work that much easier knowing that your favorite Hockey team that you spend hours upon hours on has won the ultimate prize. I am sure to many that a Canucks Stanley Cup win is a "bucket list" item.

The look on Chris Levesque's face when Hedberg and Koltsov collided, and there was a real possibility of him playing an NHL game!

You could tell what was on his mind. "This ---- just got real!!!!!"

That was hilarious, you could actually see the moment when he went from "this is about the coolest thing that ever happened to me in my entire life, to..... "Holy frack, I might have to go in there and I am going to get lit up"

True, but it would make going to work that much easier knowing that your favorite Hockey team that you spend hours upon hours on has won the ultimate prize. I am sure to many that a Canucks Stanley Cup win is a "bucket list" item.

It will rub off in about 5-7 days

If Vancouver won in 1994 or 2011, I would have been able to die in peace and true happiness. Now I must suffer the rest of my agonizing life in misery, as my lifetime will not be long enough before I see another Canucks team that will challenge for the cup :(

That is unless Horvat and Virtanen become a version of Toews and Kane :)

u need some Cipralex brah

Archived