The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Draft 2015 (2.0)

Three hypothetical transactions to acquire picks.

Draft
Transactions
* Trade 1 ---> Eddie Lack ---> Edmonton ---> 33 OA + 86 OA

** Trade 2 ---> Chris Higgins -> Wherever ---> (62 or 63 or 65 or 66 or 73 or 77) OA

*** Trade 3---> Nicklas Jensen + 23 OA + Kevin Bieksa ---> CBJ ----> 34 OA + 38 OA + Kerby Rychel

Possible picks

33*----------> (Vince Dunn, D) or (Nicolas Meloche, D) or (Noah Juulsen, D) or (Oliver Kylington, D)

34***--------> (Jack Roslovic, C/RW) or (Nicolas Meloche, D) or (Jordan Greenway, LW)

38***--------> (Nicolas Meloche, D) or (Jordan Greenway, LW) or (Noah Juulsen, D) (Oliver Kylington, D)
(62 to 77)**-->(Roope Hintz, LW/RW) or if any D-men fell

114 ---------->(Caleb Jones, D) or (Ethan Bear, D)
144 ---------> (Robin Kovacs, LW/RW) or (Gustav Olhaver, LW) or (Pius Suter, C)
149 ---------> (Veeti Vainio, D) or (Nicholas Boka, D)
174 ---------> (Keoni Texeira, D) or (Stephen Desrocher, D)

Prospect Depth
---LW --------------------- C ----------------------- RW---
Baertschi Horvat Virtanen
Rychel McCann Roslovic
Kenins Cassels Hintz
Shinkaruk Gaunce Kovacs

--------------D------------------
Dunn Meloche
Corrado Clendening
Subban Tryamkin
Vainio Jones
Pedan Texeira

I think in 4 - 6 years Greenway will be a monster...

I think you're slightly overestimating Lack. I'm not sure he can get a 2nd and a 3rd. Maybe a 2nd and a 5th or something.

The Higgins deal is fair.

You're instincts are right on the third trade; you are overestimating Bieksa's value IMO. Take out 34th or 38th and the trade might happen.

I think you're slightly overestimating Lack. I'm not sure he can get a 2nd and a 3rd. Maybe a 2nd and a 5th or something.

You're instincts are right on the third trade; you are overestimating Bieksa's value IMO. Take out 34th or 38th and the trade might happen.

I agree with you on all accounts. I still really like the look of Rychel on our team. But I removed him from the transaction because I like the picks more than him.

I agree with you on all accounts. I still really like the look of Rychel on our team. But I removed him from the transaction because I like the picks more than him.

Your current deals look a lot better to me :P

Higgins will get you more at the trade deadline, Kass, Jensen, Bieksa for 2 second rounders is horrible. Columbus walks away laughing all the way to the bank. You just made the Canucks the softest team in our division for 3 picks in the second round and 1 in the 3rd who could be years away from the NHL if ever.

I think you are underestimating Kassian's value he is worth more than a 2nd round pick, just because he had an off year do to injuries you don't give away a nhl ready pwfd for picks/prospects that may or may not develope. He will be back and a better player this year. It's the same thing with the way everyone wanted to give away Edler last year for a 3 round pick or even Burrows for that matter both players came back strong as will Kassian this year and Edler will improve more this year too. It's the same thing with Kylington, he had an off year but came on strong near the end of the year, he will greatly improve this year he will be the steal of the draft and anyone in the late first round that gets him will be laughing ./

As for the picks if the Canucks did have those picks.

@23 Gruyanov, Kylington or Chabot one of them will be available and should be taken over Boeser

@33 Juulsen, Larsson, Dunn, if all three are available it's a really toss-up between Juulsen and Larsson

@34 Roslovic, that's a great pick I feel that he will be a more impactful player than Boeser. Chlapik would be my second choice

@41 Meloche also a great pick

@62 - 77 if Guhle is around should be taken, he could very well be one of the toughest D-man in this draft and one of the hardest to play against, maybe very well be the best Defesive shutdown defenceman, if not then Korostelev lw/rw

@114 Ahl lw/rw.. doens't have the best of skating but will improve and could be a great future 3rd liner.

the rest looks good

Three hypothetical transactions to acquire picks.

Draft

Transactions

* Trade 1 ---> Eddie Lack ---> Edmonton ---> 33 OA

** Trade 2 ---> Chris Higgins -> Wherever ---> (62 or 63 or 65 or 66 or 73 or 77) OA

*** Trade 3---> Nicklas Jensen + Zack Kassian + Kevin Bieksa ---> CBJ ----> 34 OA + 38 OA

(Analysis 3: Perhaps this would be more fair. CBJ needs more RW talent. Canucks need more draft assets to develop prospects in the new era, win win. Plus, we walk away from like 6m in cap.)

Possible picks

23----------->Brock Boeser, RW

33*----------> Vince Dunn, D

34***--------> Jack Roslovic, C/RW

38***--------> Nicolas Meloche, D

(62 to 77)**-->Roope Hintz, LW/RW

114 ---------->(Caleb Jones, D) or (Ethan Bear, D)

144 ---------> (Robin Kovacs, LW/RW) or (Gustav Olhaver, LW) or (Pius Suter, C)

149 ---------> (Veeti Vainio, D) or (Nicholas Boka, D)

174 ---------> (Keoni Texeira, D) or (Stephen Desrocher, D)

Prospect Depth

---LW --------------------- C ----------------------- RW---

Baertschi Horvat Virtanen

Shinkaruk McCann Boeser

Gaunce Roslovic Hintz

Kenins Cassels Kovacs

--------------D------------------

Dunn Meloche

Corrado Clendening

Subban Tryamkin

Vainio Jones

Pedan Texeira

Please, let me know what you think! I'm excited for the draft :frantic:

I like the look of that prospect pool.

Complete undervalue of our players! Lack is Scnieder 2.0 with potentially more upside. Lack gets you Edmontons 16th overall and their 3rd. Higgins gets you a mid-round second no less, and the last deal gets JB fired.

I think you are underestimating Kassian's value he is worth more than a 2nd round pick, just because he had an off year do to injuries you don't give away a nhl ready pwfd for picks/prospects that may or may not develope. He will be back and a better player this year. It's the same thing with the way everyone wanted to give away Edler last year for a 3 round pick or even Burrows for that matter both players came back strong as will Kassian this year and Edler will improve more this year too. It's the same thing with Kylington, he had an off year but came on strong near the end of the year, he will greatly improve this year he will be the steal of the draft and anyone in the late first round that gets him will be laughing ./

As for the picks if the Canucks did have those picks.

@23 Gruyanov, Kylington or Chabot one of them will be available and should be taken over Boeser

@33 Juulsen, Larsson, Dunn, if all three are available it's a really toss-up between Juulsen and Larsson

@34 Roslovic, that's a great pick I feel that he will be a more impactful player than Boeser. Chlapik would be my second choice

@41 Meloche also a great pick

@62 - 77 if Guhle is around should be taken, he could very well be one of the toughest D-man in this draft and one of the hardest to play against, maybe very well be the best Defesive shutdown defenceman, if not then Korostelev lw/rw

@114 Ahl lw/rw.. doens't have the best of skating but will improve and could be a great future 3rd liner.

the rest looks good

Kassian wasn't in the deal when I made that post. It was edited to include Kassian after my suggestions.

Complete undervalue of our players! Lack is Scnieder 2.0 with potentially more upside. Lack gets you Edmontons 16th overall and their 3rd. Higgins gets you a mid-round second no less, and the last deal gets JB fired.

wait-what-gif.gif

1780851-facepalm21.jpg

Haha ya. These are my first few times posting on here. I honestly thought you guys could see my edits as I went. What I originally predicted happening was this:

Draft
Transactions
* Trade 1 ---> Eddie Lack ---> Edmonton ---> 33 OA + 86 OA

*** Trade 3---> Nicklas Jensen + 23 OA + Kevin Bieksa ---> CBJ ----> 34 OA + 38 OA + Kerby Rychel

Then I kind of thought about and and doubted our ability to get Kerby Rychel out of the deal.

But I believe we can again these are my predictions lol

Highlights package? Prospect Report? I don't doubt it but I want to be sure.

Elite Prospects Report

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=92117

SB Nation Analysis

http://www.inlouwetrust.com/2015/5/30/8689455/roope-hintz-2015-nhl-draft-prospect-profile

WJC Highlights

The Liga Goals

He will look really nice with 2016 draft prospect Jesse Puljujärvi :bigblush:

Archived